Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Post new Amex statement credit offers here!

• strickers 660 posts

Wine Flyer showing 2000 Avios for £80 spend, the Wine Flyer website showing 1500 Avios for £100 spend. Assuming that these stack, which they should, does anyone know of any decent deals on the Wine Flyer website?

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

Just spotted 2000 bonus avios for £80 spend at the Wine Flyer on one of our BAPPs. We needed wine so I had a look at the website for the first time and there’s another offer of 1500 bonus avios for a £100 spend so hopefully they will stack!

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

@strickers, spooky, your post did not show when I checked just now! I have just ordered a case of Malbec which seemed to be in the sale, @JDB must have put the idea in my head talking about Argentina lol.

My confirmation only shows the 580 avios earned from the case of wine, not the 1500 bonus ones – is this normal or is this going to be like the BA e-store shenanigans which I gave up on some years ago?!

phil 27 posts

Does anyone have a discount or referal code for the wine flyer? May double up on the promotions so I thought why not triple up haha.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

I had the £50 Hilton offer saved on 2 BAPPs and yesterday made a pre-paid booking with each of them. The payments haven’t even hit pending yet but both offers have disappeared from the respective Amex pages. I’m now kicking myself for not taking screenshots of these because I’m sure someone on her reported a similar issue a few months ago and had to complain to Amex. Was there ever a post about the outcome of that?

Gary 293 posts

I had the £50 Hilton offer saved on 2 BAPPs and yesterday made a pre-paid booking with each of them. The payments haven’t even hit pending yet but both offers have disappeared from the respective Amex pages. I’m now kicking myself for not taking screenshots of these because I’m sure someone on her reported a similar issue a few months ago and had to complain to Amex. Was there ever a post about the outcome of that?

You can check if they moved to “Recently Redeemed” which sits between “My offers” and “Expired offers” in the app.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

Thank you @Gary! I hadn’t seen that as was looking on my laptop. Still weird though as neither payment is even showing yet!

rjn21 31 posts

My confirmation only shows the 580 avios earned from the case of wine, not the 1500 bonus ones – is this normal or is this going to be like the BA e-store shenanigans which I gave up on some years ago?!

I asked Wineflyer exactly that. The response was:

Good Morning *******,

These points will automatically go on within 30 days of your order.

Many thanks

I’ve set a diary appointment to chase them….

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

Thanks – I will make a note!

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

Another successful Hilton offer! I made 2 bookings the day after the offers appeared last week, both £50 rebates appeared this morning.

YC 229 posts

Might have made a cheap mistake. In an attempt to trigger the upper crust offer before tomorrow, I spend over £10 at UC Euston but just checked participating list and I can’t see Euston listed

travelersolo 62 posts

https://estore.aerlingus.com/retailers/harvey-nichols/CLO
    Anyone know if I would
    Would I pick up the avios when using my plat card to redeem the 50gbp credit in store @ HN

Assume aer lingus estore will let me register amex

Andrew J 769 posts

https://estore.aerlingus.com/retailers/harvey-nichols/CLO
    Anyone know if I would
    Would I pick up the avios when using my plat card to redeem the 50gbp credit in store @ HN

Assume aer lingus estore will let me register amex

Yes in theory, although when the £50 refund is applied, the estore may claw back the Avios.

Andrew J 769 posts

Marriott spend £300 (cumulative), get £100 back until end of June, for properties in Europe, has appeared on Plat and Gold.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Marriott spend £300 (cumulative), get £100 back until end of June, for properties in Europe, has appeared on Plat and Gold.

Another version spend £200 and get £75 back on Bonvoy cards.

Harry Hightower 20 posts

Another version spend £200 and get £75 back on Bonvoy cards.

Strangely I have the spend £300 get £100 back version on my Green card (and sup), but no offer on my Bonvoy card.

Andrew J 769 posts

A few highlights from the myriad offers launched for the first Monday in April:

Harrods – spend £300, get 10% back up to £50.

A multi-use dining offer on the Gold card for 10% back at a range of different restaurants.

Nespresso – spend £60, get £20 back.

Andrew. 481 posts

A few highlights from the myriad offers launched for the first Monday in April:

Harrods – spend £300, get 10% back up to £50.

A multi-use dining offer on the Gold card for 10% back at a range of different restaurants.

Nespresso – spend £60, get £20 back.

£200/10% Harrods
    £100/£15 multiples at Bose
    10% Marks Electrical
    £600/£120 Microsoft

strickers 660 posts

The 10% back on dining looks like a mess, I can’t get any of the links from the offer to work. Either get a page not found or please provide your location with no way of doing so.

Andrew J 769 posts

The 10% back on dining looks like a mess, I can’t get any of the links from the offer to work. Either get a page not found or please provide your location with no way of doing so.

Try this:
    http://www.amexdining.com/find

strickers 660 posts

404 Not Found

Andrew J 769 posts
    strickers 660 posts

Please provide location permission with no way of doing so!

JDB 4,374 posts

Works fine here. Quite a few D&D places, plus Gordon Ramsay and Carluccio’s amongst others.

strickers 660 posts

Definitely not working, different browsers, different devices, wifi and cellular data, nothing.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.