Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Post new Amex statement credit offers here!

• Skywalker 697 posts

Prezzo – Spend £30 get 1k Avios – BAPP
    Apex hotels – 10% back – Amex Platinum

Charles Martel 124 posts

Emirates offer – spend £800 get £100 back, flights departing UK, book before 30/04/23.

Head for Pointy End 1 post

I have the offer to spend £200 get £75 back on Marriott bookings. It expires 30th June, but I need to book a hotel in July. Does anyone have any experience of this triggering with a prepaid online booking? Alternatively, I’m guessing it will trigger if I make the booking with the hotel directly. I’m hoping to double dip with an online booking, so any relevant data points would be greatly appreciated…

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Worldhotels spend £250, get £100 back.

aseftel 269 posts

Stokke s300 g90 Exp 31/05/23

Andrew J 769 posts

Cosmetics Company (the Estée Lauder outlet stores) spend £100 get £20, will stack with the Bicester 10% back Amex offer. And triple stack with Bicester VIP 10% off if you have access to it (although there are several brand exclusions). Plus earn Avios.

YC 229 posts

Spend £1 get 10MR on Amex travel. Either a very badly worded offer (10MR per £1?) or a very useless offer that actually just gives 10MR per transaction

Youllnever 182 posts

Aldi spend £40 or more, get £5 back.

DarrenS 91 posts

I have Melia spend £300 get £75 credit. Does anyone have experience as to whether cumulative spend will trigger the offer, a la Hilton and IHG?

Ladyshopper 111 posts

NCL cruises are back – spend £750 get £200 back. Had already made use of the previous offer on our booking (spend £1000 get £350 back, which we had on 2 cards), so a bonus to get another offer so soon.

MKB 71 posts

Annoyingly, Amex keep sending me personalised emails to encourage me to sign up for offers that (a) the card is not eligible for, and (b) they cannot manually override to add the offer but which they confirm is not yet oversubscribed.

MKB 71 posts

I have Melia spend £300 get £75 credit. Does anyone have experience as to whether cumulative spend will trigger the offer, a la Hilton and IHG?

The terms specifically allow cumulative spend:
    “Save to Card to get a £75 statement credit when you make one or more transactions up to £300+ in participating hotel(s) at Meliá Hotels & Resorts by 30/6/2023.”

Beware that there are very few participating properties. ME London is the only UK one.
    https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/uk/merchant/Melia_participating_list_Q2_23.pdf

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Annoyingly, Amex keep sending me personalised emails to encourage me to sign up for offers that (a) the card is not eligible for, and (b) they cannot manually override to add the offer but which they confirm is not yet oversubscribed.

Are you checking all your cards, including supplementary ones?

MKB 71 posts

Are you checking all your cards, including supplementary ones?

The emails tell you which specific credit card they each relate to. They include the last few digits of the card number.

The latest example was last week when they invited me to sign up for the 12% LNER offer on my BA Amex primary card. I don’t have that offer on any of my cards, but I do have the 7% LNER on a different Amex. Fortunately, my partner has the 12% offer on two of his cards, so the email was just an annoyance in this case, but Amex do these wrongly personalised emails on a regular basis.

Maples 187 posts

Did no one else get the amazing £3 off for spending £50 at Esso?

ML11 19 posts

The terms specifically allow cumulative spend:
    “Save to Card to get a £75 statement credit when you make one or more transactions up to £300+ in participating hotel(s) at Meliá Hotels & Resorts by 30/6/2023.”

Beware that there are very few participating properties. ME London is the only UK one.
    https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/uk/merchant/Melia_participating_list_Q2_23.pdf

Does “in-store only” mean that only transactions made in person at a hotel qualify for the offer? i.e. if I book and pre-pay my stay online, I will not received the credit?

Froggee 901 posts

No – we all got £5 off £50.

rams 223 posts

I got both this and £5 off on different cards

Peter K 553 posts

Yep. Seeing as it’s about 6-7p a litre more than the local shell garage (where I get a 3% discount on top) there’s literally no point for me.

Bella Ciao 22 posts

Yep. Seeing as it’s about 6-7p a litre more than the local shell garage (where I get a 3% discount on top) there’s literally no point for me.

How do you get the 3% discount at Shell please?
    Thanks.

SteveJ 979 posts

Thanks.

Shell Energy (i.e. Gas and/or Electricity) customers get a 3% discount on Shell fuel:

https://help.shellenergy.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360001531717-How-do-I-get-my-fuel-saving-

Peter K 553 posts

Thanks.

Also available by shell energy broadband. Up to 60 litres a month.

Peter K 553 posts

Thanks.

Shell Energy (i.e. Gas and/or Electricity) customers get a 3% discount on Shell fuel:

https://help.shellenergy.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360001531717-How-do-I-get-my-fuel-saving-

Or shell energy broadband.

Youllnever 182 posts

Harrods spend £200 or more, get 10% back up to £50.

meta 1,439 posts

Spend £300 get £100 on SLH (Small Luxury Hotels) valid till 31/07/2023 It’s showing on my Plat both mains and supps.

I think for the first time the list includes hotels outside Europe incl. Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Mexico, Argentina…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.