Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Post new Amex statement credit offers here!

• ATC 25 posts

Seems to be a general slowdown – I’ve got a Gett missing after a week (normally two days) and nothing on a pile of LNER done last week.

It’s a pain because occasionally I get offers on cards I don’t actually use, and if the cashback doesn’t post quickly I am forced to pay off the statement and then see the card go into a small credit.

Same here. Two statement credits of £20 and £72 waiting to appear and it’s been well over 2 weeks. Frustrating as you say they will then be credits as I’ll have to pay off the balance soon. Might chase with a phone call. Never used to be like that.

Abdul 69 posts

Worst news about the Hilton offer is finding the usual situation that its on none of our cards…

Then after days/weeks we get those offer emails inviting us to save the offer to our cards
    A few years ago postcards were sent to our home informing us of the offer and asking us to save it to our cards
    Plus sometimes it shows up as the offers to save on your statement on the App
    None of which we can do because its not there to be saved

Every year… every damn year

So annoying having to fight for this

CH 16 posts

Spend £200 get £50 back at Hilton’s just appeared on my Plat and all the supplementaries.

If I have a transaction that is dated Saturday 26th, but only posted/”processed” today, and I saved the offer yesterday, will that count towards the £200 target?

DevonDiamond 71 posts

No Hilton on my ARCC

Harrier25 852 posts

No Hilton on my ARCC

I think you need to be paying at least £60 per annum for the Green charge card to receive fruitful offers like this.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

I think you need to be paying at least £60 per annum for the Green charge card to receive fruitful offers like this.

Not really. I got the Hilton offers on my free plat c@sh back cards.

Zero on the gold and BAPP cards. Probably because last time I paid at Hilton hotels using those cards. One can only guess.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Worst news about the Hilton offer is finding the usual situation that its on none of our cards…

Then after days/weeks we get those offer emails inviting us to save the offer to our cards
    A few years ago postcards were sent to our home informing us of the offer and asking us to save it to our cards
    Plus sometimes it shows up as the offers to save on your statement on the App
    None of which we can do because its not there to be saved

Every year… every damn year

So annoying having to fight for this

Do you put through a variety of spending on your cards? Why not get those free cards and use them as well to increase your chances of receiving offers?

Andrew. 481 posts

Spend £200 with BA online, get 1000 Avios has just popped up on my BA Blue Amex

Andrew J 769 posts

Spend £200 get £50 back at Hilton’s just appeared on my Plat and all the supplementaries.

If I have a transaction that is dated Saturday 26th, but only posted/”processed” today, and I saved the offer yesterday, will that count towards the £200 target?

No. It’s the date the transaction occurred – works both ways so you can make a transaction on the final day of the offer, even though the process date will be later.

RussellH 154 posts

Seems to be a general slowdown – I’ve got a Gett missing after a week (normally two days) and nothing on a pile of LNER done last week.

It’s a pain because occasionally I get offers on cards I don’t actually use, and if the cashback doesn’t post quickly I am forced to pay off the statement and then see the card go into a small credit.

Same here. Two statement credits of £20 and £72 waiting to appear and it’s been well over 2 weeks. Frustrating as you say they will then be credits as I’ll have to pay off the balance soon. Might chase with a phone call. Never used to be like that.

MY PRG Gold Amex free year runs out on next month, and I am waiting for two credits from 19 March, one LNER, one Deliveroo. All earlier Deliveroo credits have turned up before the actual charge stopped being pending. If the card is cancelled, does that cancel the credits too, or would they credit them to, say, an Amex Rewards card?

Peter K 553 posts

MY PRG Gold Amex free year runs out on next month, and I am waiting for two credits from 19 March, one LNER, one Deliveroo. All earlier Deliveroo credits have turned up before the actual charge stopped being pending. If the card is cancelled, does that cancel the credits too, or would they credit them to, say, an Amex Rewards card?

If you cancel the card you lose any statement credits you are waiting for.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Reney 766 posts

John Lewis credit from a transaction over 1.5 months ago turned up this morning after calling twice too. Not impressed.

Andrew J 769 posts

My 5k Avios from Bicester £500 spend a few weeks ago turned up today too. It’s annoying that you need to make a note of what you’re expecting these days.

Harrier25 852 posts

My 5k Avios from Bicester £500 spend a few weeks ago turned up today too. It’s annoying that you need to make a note of what you’re expecting these days.

Yes, Amex are not what they were. They really do need some direct good competition, which this Barclaycard Avios fiasco most certainly is not.

rum 275 posts

John Lewis credit from a transaction over 1.5 months ago turned up this morning after calling twice too. Not impressed.

I do wonder if they are applying the credits in batches. Perhaps another computer algorithm written by an intern?

Yes, Amex are not what they were. They really do need some direct good competition, which this Barclaycard Avios fiasco most certainly is not.

Definitely agree. They have a monopoly for sure, but Barclays is never going to get to Amex’s high standard any time this century… and that’s after Amex’s customer service seriously degraded since the start of the pandemic.

Andrew J 769 posts

I think you’re right, maybe they are applied in batches. Same with referrals – sometimes they are very quick, other times slower.

DevonDiamond 71 posts

No Hilton on my ARCC

Nah, I had all the hotel ones last year including Hilton, and have IHG currently. It’s rare an offer comes up on here that I don’t have. Still no point stewing over it.

sloth 315 posts

If you cancel the card you lose any statement credits you are waiting for.

Is not necessarily correct. I cancelled a BAPP and a Nectar card whilst waiting for 4 shop small credits. They posted about a month after the cards were closed, putting them in credit (statements were sent to inform me of the positive balances). I had asked twice before cancelling the cards if they would still honour the credits as they were clearly deliberately delaying crediting them and I was assured they would. I had threatened them with a formal complaint if they didn’t adhere to that so not sure if it had any bearing…

Harrods 120 posts

Harvey Nichols spend still not credited yet from 08 March. FreeNow/Apple/Net a porter have all posted and that spend was mid March – rather it is showing as “Redeemed” in the iOS App.

John 1,000 posts

LNER offer from app purchase credited very quickly.

The offer says it is also valid “in-store” – has anyone tried it at a station ticket machine and did it work?

Harrier25 852 posts

LNER offer from app purchase credited very quickly.

The offer says it is also valid “in-store” – has anyone tried it at a station ticket machine and did it work?

I live in Sutton Coldfield so I won’t be visiting an LNER ticket machine anytime soon!

DevonDiamond 71 posts

£100 off a £200 spend on Eastern Airlines on my ARCC

FlyingPtarmigan 53 posts

Spend £250 get £50 back across a range of stores on Regent St and St James’s on my Platinum card. Includes Apple.

FlyingPtarmigan 53 posts

Also, spend £100 get £10 for Regent’s Street / St James’s on my BAPP.

YC 229 posts

I found that there are opportunities to double stack regent st with some shirts/suits stores and lulu

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.