Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Cathay Pacific flights taking long time to post to BA

• masaccio 721 posts

Pretty sure Cathay used to post to BAEC within a week, but it’s been over 3 and no sign. Did it get worse?

kevinchoi 96 posts

My most recent trip with CX failed to post to BAEC after a few weeks so I had to submit a missing claim.

In the end, my outbound flight which was eligible for Avios/TP got rejected without explanation.
    However my inbound flight which shouldn’t have been eligible for Avios/TP, got approved though.

I would’ve attempted to appeal the outbound flight, but they probably would have reversed the decision to credit the inbound flight, and I would end up having the same amount of Avios/TP anyway.

But yea, I’d say try to submit a claim to BAEC.

sm 178 posts

My cathay flight from almost 7 weeks ago, also did not post. I submitted a claim through BA three weeks after the flight, but not heard anything.

I think it says, don’t expect to hear anything for up to 8 weeks. So definitely put a claim through now.

What happens if they come back to you and say flight is ineligible when you know for sure it should attract tier points and Avios. Our BA status was even recognised by cathay with a paper business lounge pass at check in.

Thanks

masaccio 721 posts

Right claim submitted. The website doesn’t know TPE and MAN exist but hopefully the ticket number and flight is enough.

I didn’t know some Cathay flights could be ineligible. These were all flexible PE, so hopefully OK.

kevinchoi 96 posts

I didn’t know some Cathay flights could be ineligible. These were all flexible PE, so hopefully OK.

Flexible PE should be ok. Some reasons for ineligibility would be booking in P class business fares, and reward flights

Strilen 9 posts

I had a flight in October that wasn’t credited. Used the online form on BA on 15th December and it got rejected without explanation 15 January. Punched it in again together with another Cathay flight from early January that also hadn’t credited. This also got rejected without explanation in early March at which time I braved it, and called up BA Excec club customer service. Was asked to upload ticket information and boarding cards, and the points and Avios came trough last Thursday. Based on my (limited) experience, I suggest you call BA to get this sorted.

masaccio 721 posts

I had a flight in October that wasn’t credited. Used the online form on BA on 15th December and it got rejected without explanation 15 January. Punched it in again together with another Cathay flight from early January that also hadn’t credited. This also got rejected without explanation in early March at which time I braved it, and called up BA Excec club customer service. Was asked to upload ticket information and boarding cards, and the points and Avios came trough last Thursday. Based on my (limited) experience, I suggest you call BA to get this sorted.

Wow, that sucks. I hope that electronic boarding passes count too.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,083 posts

yes they accept electronic BPs so take a screen shop of your BP from apple wallet so you can upload it

I always perfer a paper BP and keep it until the points have posted just in case.

Last year I did do a claim via the website and it was declined but I only saw then when I went back in to check. So I called and the agent took a couple of details and said it might be a couple of weeks but the TPs and avios posted in a couple of days.

Please remember BA is relying on other airlines to provide this info to them so they can give you the TPs and Avios. It’s not BA IT being difficult!

masaccio 721 posts

Following up on where I am at.

8 Cathay flights over the past 3 months. 2 credited within 24 hours, the rest never arrived. 1 online missing miles request of the remaining 6 was automatically approved, the rest I needed to chase BAEC on the phone.

It’s clearly a BA plot to put you off flying better partner airlines.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,083 posts

Except it’s the “better” airline that’s not telling BA to give you the TPs and avios not some plot by BA to deny you.

If a claim is rejected it’s the other airline that’s rejected the claim not BA.

masaccio 721 posts

Except it’s the “better” airline that’s not telling BA to give you the TPs and avios not some plot by BA to deny you.

If a claim is rejected it’s the other airline that’s rejected the claim not BA.

And yet, a call to BAEC always fixes the problem. One of the airlines is certainly having a laugh.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.