Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Creation Financial Services bashing

• Jonathans 121 posts

So annoying, I did a DSAR request that has been handled by BNP. They’ve sent the data to me online using Adobe Docusign but sent the password by post. Still waiting for it and I’ve had the data for about a week and still cannot open it.

carpentr 6 posts

OK. I’ve given them enough time – it’s been a couple of months now since they asked for more time. But naturally I’ve now lost the original letter giving me notice. I’m guessing they’re all the same – does anyone have the original wording?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    memesweeper 1,251 posts

Important information regarding your IHG Rewards Club Premium Credit Card Account
    We write to inform you that we’re closing your Credit Card account from 3 December 2021. You
    will no longer be able to use your credit card from this date, this will also apply to any additional
    cardholder(s) you have on your account. :

if you have a balance on your account you will still be required to make at least your minimum
    payment each month until your balance is paid off in full.

Yours sincerely

Customer Service Team

iheartarbitrage 32 posts

Does anyone have a templete for a FOS letter they’d be happy to share? Creation have sent their final response and have not upheld my complaint.

I’ve no problem with Creation deciding to close my account, but would like to get something for:

1 – Pro-rata refund of annual fee
    2 – Free night cert as I had spent £10,000 well before I received the closure letter
    3 – Outstanding points owed – 6000-ish

Thanks

NorthernLass 7,543 posts

Just submitted my FOS complaint. I included the circumstances, the refusal of Creation to award the points and 2 free night certificates and requested that these be transferred to my IHG account as the remedy or the equivalent cash value which is £280 for the 37,780 points, plus 2 x £724 for the Kimpton Seafire hotel where I would have used the free nights. I’ve uploaded screen shots of the 2 letters from Creation, statements showing Creation cc spend and points accrual between October and December plus one showing that I’ve got a free night booking this summer at the Kimpton Seafire plus the cash price for that night. I’ve had an acknowledgement email saying they are very busy at the moment!

tw33ty 187 posts

I got a call on Friday morning from the financial ombudsman about my complaint.

Basically the nice lady saying she’s been given it and she will be dealing with it.

They will be going to creation with my side and trying to get a response from them.

Not holding my breath for any real outcome, but might as well give them a kick while they are down and give them a bill from the ombudsman.

Only took since October when I submitted it for them to issue it to a case consultant, so just wanted to give folks a heads up on time scale if they are only putting them in now.

NorthernLass 7,543 posts

Thanks for the update @tw33ty – I’m dying to hear what Creation’s response will be!

Mark Peterborough 29 posts

Data point

Creation closed my account in December and I have had a refund to my card from a previous purchase . I phoned them today at 9am to ask how the money would get back to me. initially their automated message was the that they were very busy and there was a 60 minute wait . I spoke to someone after 6 minutes and arranged for the funds to be sent to my bank account. They quoted 7-10 working days . I will update this thread when I receive the money.

Charles Martel 124 posts

Data point

Creation closed my account in December and I have had a refund to my card from a previous purchase . I phoned them today at 9am to ask how the money would get back to me. initially their automated message was the that they were very busy and there was a 60 minute wait . I spoke to someone after 6 minutes and arranged for the funds to be sent to my bank account. They quoted 7-10 working days . I will update this thread when I receive the money.

I had the same issue, called on 25 February (59 mins), deposit hit my account 4 March.

PeteM 714 posts

Data point: took my Creation complaint to the FOS on 19/Jan, got a note from the investigator assigned to the case today saying she’s looking into the matter. Interesting to note she says: “We’re still waiting on information from CFS to start investigating your complaint”… Wonder if Creation will ignore them too?

NorthernLass 7,543 posts

That’s interesting @PeteM, I wonder how much time they give the other party to respond, and what happens if the financial institution doesn’t cooperate? Do they just find in your favour like CEDR etc?

Mark Peterborough 29 posts

Data point

DATA POINT
    Money in bank after 4 working days .

LostAntipod 14 posts

Data point: took my Creation complaint to the FOS on 19/Jan, got a note from the investigator assigned to the case today saying she’s looking into the matter. Interesting to note she says: “We’re still waiting on information from CFS to start investigating your complaint”… Wonder if Creation will ignore them too?

I cant imagine that Creation doing nothing, after several requests by the FOS, would reflect well on them when you then go to small claims court. That is credible evidence which would seem to increase the likelihood of a valid claim being awarded compensation, plus Creation would incur legal costs I suppose. This of course assumes Creation are going to behave rationally: they are drawing out the process in the hope you’ll go away, then step in at the last minute with compensation to avoid costs and further penalties.

PeteM 714 posts

I cant imagine that Creation doing nothing, after several requests by the FOS, would reflect well on them when you then go to small claims court. That is credible evidence which would seem to increase the likelihood of a valid claim being awarded compensation, plus Creation would incur legal costs I suppose. This of course assumes Creation are going to behave rationally: they are drawing out the process in the hope you’ll go away, then step in at the last minute with compensation to avoid costs and further penalties.

Going to court would put me in an interesting position, as I stopped using the card after I got the letter, so am only pursuing a handful of points. And I had a white card, so it’s really a matter of principle for me more than anything. Not even sure Money Claim Online would recognise my 20p or so claim 🙂

points_worrier 294 posts

Going to court would put me in an interesting position, as I stopped using the card after I got the letter, so am only pursuing a handful of points. And I had a white card, so it’s really a matter of principle for me more than anything. Not even sure Money Claim Online would recognise my 20p or so claim 🙂

You went to the FOS, costing Creation £750, for the sake of 20p worth of points. Normally I would say something about poor use of an overstretched service. But in this case feel the FOS will earn an easy £750 and Creation deserve to pay it.

apcd2 4 posts

Got the official rejection of my complaint a couple of days ago again citing section 6 of the “Terms and Conditions for IHG Rewards” saying that services and benefits may be added or removed at any time without notice to cardholders. Odd how my statements during the notice period continued to state that one of the benefits I was getting was earning points…

So it’s off to the ombudsman I go. I hope Creation feel the expense of dealing with my complaint and the ombudsman is worth the saving they’re making on not transferring my 2000 ihg points.

Rui N. 831 posts

Don’t forget to mention to the FOS that these terms are about the IHG Rewards Club programme and have nothing to do with your contract with Creation.

QFFlyer 156 posts

Got the official rejection of my complaint a couple of days ago again citing section 6 of the “Terms and Conditions for IHG Rewards” saying that services and benefits may be added or removed at any time without notice to cardholders. Odd how my statements during the notice period continued to state that one of the benefits I was getting was earning points…

So it’s off to the ombudsman I go. I hope Creation feel the expense of dealing with my complaint and the ombudsman is worth the saving they’re making on not transferring my 2000 ihg points.

I got the same answer, a completely stupid response considering no part of the IHG Rewards Program has been changed and I’m making no complaint about it. It really does seem like Creation just employ summer interns to deal with all these, as you either get ignored or a response completely unrelated to your complaint/question.

But yeah same, I’ve long since referred to FOS and sent Creation a letter before action (which they interestingly have acknowledged).

NorthernLass 7,543 posts

OH’s FOS complaint submitted today – so another £750 cost to Creation if nothing else. His last free night certificate was used to book the Kimpton Seafire – a standard room on the night he would have been booking with the certificate IHG is refusing to honour is £1280, which has been noted on the complaint form!

Jon 268 posts

I’ve long since referred to FOS and sent Creation a letter before action (which they interestingly have acknowledged).

I sent LBA back in February. Creation replied on the deadline to say they’d respond in due course. They haven’t, so I’ve filed MCOL.

Colin MacKinnon 283 posts

Emailled Creation to chase up on a “we need more time” letter from mid-January.

(I’d really like them to give the reason for the card cancellation!)

customercare
    Mon, 21 Mar, 14:41 (1 day ago)
    to me

Good Afternoon
    Thank you for your email dated 20 March 2022 regarding your complaint with Creation.
    Of course I can appreciate this must be a frustrating situation, unfortunately I cannot provided you with a date, however I can reassure you that your complaint is in a queue.
    As mentioned a letter was issued to you on the 13 January 2022, with your rights to refer the matter to Financial Ombudsman we hope this will not be necessary.
    We do hope you will be prepared to allow us extra time to complete our investigation and bring your complaint to a conclusion.
    Thank you for your continued patience.
    Kind Regards

Lady London 2,040 posts

Formula letter cut and pasted from stock phrases by someone whose native language is quite possibly not English as it doesn’t quite flow right logically.

They’re taking the pi55.

Either go straight to FOS or demand a phone call within 7 days that will provide you a substantive reason why you should not refer this complaint, which has now dragged on x weeks with no substantive communication fron them, to the FOS immediately. (8 weeks without resolution is regarded as sufficient.)

If by a miracle they call try to charm the reason out of them. They might let a useful phrase or two slip.

Don’t hang around they’re just playing games.

marks7389 425 posts

OH’s FOS complaint submitted today – so another £750 cost to Creation if nothing else. His last free night certificate was used to book the Kimpton Seafire – a standard room on the night he would have been booking with the certificate IHG is refusing to honour is £1280, which has been noted on the complaint form!

And I thought we did OK booking our night voucher for a $520 room when prices in San Fran when prices are elevated… Anyone know what’s going on early w/c 19th Sep that’s pushing prices up?

jj 520 posts

Finally drafted my FOS complaint today for submission tomorrow.

I’ve taken one for the team and used my insider industry knowledge to provide FOS with a 2,500 word analysis plus 6 appendices that give a detailed assessment of Creation’s behaviour against its own terms and conditions, the consumer rights act, althe FCA’s principles of business, and the FCA’s consumer outcomes.

I have emphasised to FOS that 1,800 customers are thought to be affected and that only a tiny fraction of these will complain. I have therefore reminded FOS of its powers and of Creation’s duty under the DISP rulebook to assess the broader implications of the case for all those borrowers including non- complainants.

We shall see. The wait will be considerable, but I cannot see how this will be treated as trivial or unimportant by the FOS.

Aston100 1,388 posts

Finally drafted my FOS complaint today for submission tomorrow.

I’ve taken one for the team and used my insider industry knowledge to provide FOS with a 2,500 word analysis plus 6 appendices that give a detailed assessment of Creation’s behaviour against its own terms and conditions, the consumer rights act, althe FCA’s principles of business, and the FCA’s consumer outcomes.

I have emphasised to FOS that 1,800 customers are thought to be affected and that only a tiny fraction of these will complain. I have therefore reminded FOS of its powers and of Creation’s duty under the DISP rulebook to assess the broader implications of the case for all those borrowers including non- complainants.

We shall see. The wait will be considerable, but I cannot see how this will be treated as trivial or unimportant by the FOS.

Thank you for your service.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.