Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Curve usage

• joepatr 21 posts

Hi all

Does anyone know if usage via Curve in a foreign currency counts toward the introductory bonus (£3k spend over 3 months?)

Secondly, will Barclaycard charge for any cash point withdrawals, either in GBPs or a foreign currency, via Curve?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Carlos 758 posts

1) should count to the intro bonus, dont see why not
    2) no, do you have a paid curve? check their terms

joepatr 21 posts

Thanks for prompt reply.

I don’t have a paid for Curve but you get a limited free amount anyway. I was more asking about whether Barclaycard, not Curve, would implement a change for ATM use, when using Curve.

Rui N. 831 posts

It didn’t charge anything back in May, the last time I tried it. If you want to know, there’s nothing better than trying it.

joepatr 21 posts

It didn’t charge anything back in May, the last time I tried it. If you want to know, there’s nothing better than trying it.

Thanks!

Have done it a few times but I wasn’t sure if it would be obvious until I got my statement. I made the mistake of topping up my Revolut through HSBC Premier Credit card and ended up getting stung by a charge, despite topping it up with my Lloyds Avios MasterCard (as was) and paying nothing for it. I only found out on statement issue!

meetjono 7 posts

@rui N.

Do you mean for withdrawals? Thanks

Rui N. 831 posts

Yes.

Jan M 58 posts

No problems or fees when using Curve when I did it. (Well, not from Barclaycard anyway.)

pablo 26 posts

Barclaycard charged me 2.99% cash fee for a PayPal payment using curve (it was person to person transfer). Any experience if Barclaycard would refund the fee if I went back in time and moved the transaction to a debit card?

NorthernLass 7,537 posts

You can try but if it doesn’t work I honestly wouldn’t poke BC unless you really need the money back, just rack it up to experience and don’t do it again. They do seem sensitive to certain Curve uses.

pablo 26 posts

I’ll give a try but as you said I won’t be calling them if the fee is not reversed. Wouldn’t want a human to see all the blatant MS 🙊

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.