Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Harvey Nichols / Amex Platinum £100 cashback offer launched

• alig4th 322 posts

Data point – £59.50 debited to my Plat Monday for a top up order of Black Opium for Mrs T…
    Tuesday the £50 credit was paid back for a net cost of £9.50 and benefit of many brownie points 🙂

Don’t suppose you got an email stating the offer had been used at time of purchase? I’m finding that, no email at point of transaction means hours of time on AMEX chat!

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

Data point – £59.50 debited to my Plat Monday for a top up order of Black Opium for Mrs T…
    Tuesday the £50 credit was paid back for a net cost of £9.50 and benefit of many brownie points 🙂

Don’t suppose you got an email stating the offer had been used at time of purchase? I’m finding that, no email at point of transaction means hours of time on AMEX chat!

No email received but didn’t stop the offer working as intended for me – I thought I’d read on here that they’d pretty much stopped these confirmation messages a while back…

Geoggy 41 posts

Card charged 10th Jan, £50 credited 12th Jan

Sam 96 posts

We don’t get the emails. The HN and £200 restaurant and shop small offers all trigger within a few days

SteveJ 979 posts

Reminder to Voldemort with these purchases, decent stack as should track nicely on the full price, pre ex credit.

Andrew J 769 posts

Reminder to Voldemort with these purchases, decent stack as should track nicely on the full price, pre ex credit.

And Nectar Connect.

SteveJ 979 posts

And Nectar Connect.

I don’t see HN on there? Maybe targeted?

Related what’s that other one where you can earn Virgin points? Not shops away, the one where you can register you card and they scrape data, like nectar connect?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    SteveJ 979 posts

What is that portal that allows you to register your Amex and earn Virgin points?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

It’s on the Virgin Shops Away site.

SteveJ 979 posts

@Rob, thinking of a different program, where you store your card details? I recall Waitrose spend would count.

SteveJ 979 posts

It’s on the Virgin Shops Away site.

That’s not the one I was thinking of, that’s just points back regardless of spend method. There used to be a site, similar to Nectar Connect, where you could store the card details and get Virgin points back?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts
    SteveJ 979 posts

Thanks Rob, that’s the one I had in mind. Unfortunately HN not listed for in-store, just for click through, for which I prefer Voldemort

ringingup 178 posts

Just ordered a bottle of Franciacorta and a couple of bits and bobs. Free delivery. Not bad for a “freebie”.

Go197 78 posts

Card charged on the 10th, still no credit.

I find this is increasingly the way with these Amex offers.

SteveJ 979 posts

I’ve had similar issues with Amex on other offers, but for this one:
    – Card charged Jan 16th
    – Credit appeared today (23rd), yet dated 20th

Reney 768 posts

I’m still waiting for credits from November …

Jonathan 8 posts

Was deliberating whether to buy just £50 worth of items or get £50 off a high ticket item. In the end went for £50 off a superb Tom Ford fragrance. Very fast delivery from Harvey Nichs although it was not free (£3.50).

Andrew J 769 posts

10% off in store and online at the moment – full price and sale items. Turn that £50 in to £55.55!

meta 1,441 posts

10% of £50 is £5, not £5.55. But you are just getting a free delivery for online purchase with the discountW It’s only in-store that you are better off.

But I am rather disappointed with Harvey Nichols offering. It feels like they haven’t got much new stock. They used to be much better.

Go197 78 posts

10% of £50 is £5, not £5.55. But you are just getting a free delivery for online purchase with the discountW It’s only in-store that you are better off.

But I am rather disappointed with Harvey Nichols offering. It feels like they haven’t got much new stock. They used to be much better.

Spend £55.55, get 10% off, and the cost to you is £50.

Add the rewards freebies and discounts and it’s even better.

It’s just a shame that 1) HN prices are ludicrous (£8 for a jar of peanut butter!), 2) Amex is in no hurry to credit the cash back.

Andrew J 769 posts

It’s just a shame that 1) HN prices are ludicrous (£8 for a jar of peanut butter!), 2) Amex is in no hurry to credit the cash back.

Exactly – so a £55.55 purchase costs you £0 with this offer – so as I said, turn £50 [Amex credit] into £55.55 [of goods].

elguiri 215 posts

Exactly – so a £55.55 purchase costs you £0 with this offer – so as I said, turn £50 [Amex credit] into £55.55 [of goods].

To Point 2 – I always ask via chat if they could confirm I’ve triggered the offer, around 4-5 days after purchase. Even though they say it has, but could take 90 days to show, the following day I receive the credit in my Amex account. Worked for Dining, travel and HN credit the same way.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    meta 1,441 posts

You have to add £5 delivery charge. So if you spend £50 plus £5 delivery charge that’s £55. You then use 10% to reduce the cost to £49.50. I doubt there is anything that costs £0.50 there. I don’t live close enough to any Harvey Nichols that I can just pop-up and use it in-store without spending extra on travel. For that reason gift cards also don’t work for me.

On the point of crediting, I rarely have an issue with crediting and approach it in the way, when it credits it credits. Why waste time on something that will happen? Of course if it takes strangely long, then I would,…

Andrew J 769 posts

You have to add £5 delivery charge. So if you spend £50 plus £5 delivery charge that’s £55. You then use 10% to reduce the cost to £49.50. I doubt there is anything that costs £0.50 there. I don’t live close enough to any Harvey Nichols that I can just pop-up and use it in-store without spending extra on travel. For that reason gift cards also don’t work for me.

On the point of crediting, I rarely have an issue with crediting and approach it in the way, when it credits it credits. Why waste time on something that will happen? Of course if it takes strangely long, then I would,…

The 10% off doesn’t apply to the delivery fee, so in your worked example it would be £50 + £5 delivery fee -10% of the £50 goods reduces it to a round £50. Beauty and fragrance products only attract a £3.50 delivery fee.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.