Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Harvey Nichols / Amex Platinum £100 cashback offer launched

• Gareth 28 posts

Looks like Amex platinum now has a £50 per six months 100% Harvey Nichols credit for main card which renews automatically until 2024!!

Annoying for me as I cancelled mine on Friday and specifically asked if any 100% offers were coming. We have the other half’s plat at least…

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    AY 27 posts

Saved, thanks for the heads up. Barely ever check the offers

Slotski 5 posts

I’ve just seen the offer. What does ‘Harvey Nichols Lifestyle credit’ mean? Can I assume if I just spend £50 in store – not at a concession I note – then I get that as cashback?

Andrew J 769 posts

100% back up to £50 every 6 months so basically £100 off your annual fee. Can also be used in restaurants in store (including concessions such as Burger & Lobster) and Oxo Tower.

strickers 660 posts

That looks like a couple of discounted bottles of whiskey each year to me, shame it’s overpriced at HN though?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    agroves 15 posts

As this offer excludes in store concessions, do we think this means that only Harvey Nichols own brand products would be included?

Andrew J 769 posts

As this offer excludes in store concessions, do we think this means that only Harvey Nichols own brand products would be included?

HN don’t particularly have concessions – notable ones including Burger and Lobster ARE specified as being included. The concession line is a standard line to cover Amex should a third party have a different till system in store – Nespresso in Selfridges being about the only example I can think of. So you’re basically fine to buy anything that they sell in store.

Reney 766 posts

HN don’t particularly have concessions – notable ones including Burger and Lobster ARE specified as being included. The concession line is a standard line to cover Amex should a third party have a different till system in store – Nespresso in Selfridges being about the only example I can think of. So you’re basically fine to buy anything that they sell in store.

Haven’t been in Selfridges in ages, but aren’t some of the high-end handbags concessions?

For anyone thinking of using the benefit and then cancelling the card, note that a few of us are experiencing a very long payout time for Amex offers.

RonnieB 288 posts

Also 20% back at Ann Summers, not sure if they have any concessions in Harvey Nicks 🙂

Jay-Marc 12 posts

Terms allow them up to 150 days to credit. Thought 90 was more than enough.

Andrew J 769 posts

Haven’t been in Selfridges in ages, but aren’t some of the high-end handbags concessions?

For anyone thinking of using the benefit and then cancelling the card, note that a few of us are experiencing a very long payout time for Amex offers.

They are concessions but use the same Selfridges till system so they offers trigger without issue – same at Harrods.

Andrew J 769 posts

They are concessions but use the standard Selfridges till system so the offers trigger without issue – same at Harrods.

elguiri 216 posts

Thanks for the heads up ! Not sure what I’ll buy as never been there or on their website, but am sure I’ll find something.

Steven 80 posts

I think this is just another hook they have introduced to discourage churners.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts
    rum 275 posts

I think this is just another hook they have introduced to discourage churners.

Yeah, I thought as much about this as well. It couldn’t really be for anything else.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

That’s not why it is there. It is there because the card has historically been sold as a clutch of travel benefits and people are struggling to find value in that at the moment.

What intrigues me is how much money HN is putting into this. They could potentially fund the lot, given the huge profit margins on designer items and the fact that many people will spend £500 to trigger their £50, but on the other hand it is also valid during sale periods, food, wine etc.

SteveJ 979 posts

No free delivery at HN as far as I can tell? Either way seems an easy way to bag some already-going-to-purchase-anyway toiletries/beauty products for a small delivery fee.

£50 worth of products for a £3.50 (beauty only) delivery fee not to be sniffed at.

tw33ty 187 posts

Buy a £50 gift card each six months period, they have 24month expiration period.

Then you can use £200 on one item.

Andrew J 769 posts

No free delivery at HN as far as I can tell? Either way seems an easy way to bag some already-going-to-purchase-anyway toiletries/beauty products for a small delivery fee.

£50 worth of products for a £3.50 (beauty only) delivery fee not to be sniffed at.

Wait a week or so until their new rewards scheme is launched – free delivery has been promised.

SteveJ 979 posts

Wait a week or so until their new rewards scheme is launched – free delivery has been promised.

Great stuff, good to know!

Andrew J 769 posts

For anyone interested, you can now login to your existing HN account online or the new HN app to see you new Rewards level (1 to 5) based on your spend in 2021. You get to select the number of benefits corresponding to your level ie level 3 you get 3 benefits. Benefits include 10% off HN food and wine or 10% off beauty. So select the benefit(s) which suit your spending and then get a bit extra from your £50 credit. You also get x3 per £ points on level 3, x2 at level 2 etc. If you still have the old app it will still show your old gold/platinum etc level which is no longer valid.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

For anyone interested, you can now login to your existing HN account online or the new HN app to see you new Rewards level (1 to 5) based on your spend in 2021. You get to select the number of benefits corresponding to your level ie level 3 you get 3 benefits. Benefits include 10% off HN food and wine or 10% off beauty. So select the benefit(s) which suit your spending and then get a bit extra from your £50 credit. You also get x3 per £ points on level 3, x2 at level 2 etc. If you still have the old app it will still show your old gold/platinum etc level which is no longer valid.

Thanks. My wife’s fairly useless points balance has been turned in £42, which is handy. The comped Amex Plat has gone in at Level 3 although she has spent quite a bit too.

My account, which we don’t use as we consolidate spend in one account, shows Level 2 with 1p of rewards due 🙂

Whilst not mentioned, when I updated my wife’s profile she got an extra £1.50 of points.

3% cashback in points plus 10% off wine (if I choose that reward) will make the £50 credits go further. Seems easier to spend it on wine, which is a more regular purchase, than cross my fingers that a fashion purchase comes up during a season.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    rum 275 posts

Thanks for this.

Quick point about the old app – there’s a message on the main page of the old app now saying it is no longer supported, so I have deleted it.

Guernsey Globetrotter 588 posts

Data point – £59.50 debited to my Plat Monday for a top up order of Black Opium for Mrs T…
    Tuesday the £50 credit was paid back for a net cost of £9.50 and benefit of many brownie points 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.