Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Harvey Nichols / Amex Platinum £100 cashback offer launched

• Pid 33 posts

Credit received within 3 days on two separate cards so a quick rebate for me!

Alan TJ 34 posts

The last time I went to the OXO tower I wasn’t impressed but that was at least 5yrs ago and I don’t recall it having any link with Harvey Nichols.

Has anyone been to the OXO restaurant recently and would you recommend it, I was thinking of meeting my wife there for lunch next week.

Andrew J 769 posts

Anyone who hasn’t yet cashed in their HN credit – they have 20% off selected champagnes and sparkling wines until 20 Feb. Their own label champagne is down to £23.60 a bottle, so a couple of bottles plus your delivery fee if shopping online would get you to £50.

rum 275 posts

I’m still waiting for the offer to appear on the card for me. Recently upgraded to Platinum (around 31st Jan/1st Feb I think). There’s a note on the website saying that new Platinum cardmembers should wait up to 10 business days for the offer to appear.

Paul 136 posts

crdeit appeared today for purchase on the 28th Jan

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

The last time I went to the OXO tower I wasn’t impressed but that was at least 5yrs ago and I don’t recall it having any link with Harvey Nichols.

Has anyone been to the OXO restaurant recently and would you recommend it, I was thinking of meeting my wife there for lunch next week.

I think HN has always run it. Verdict remains as it was – you pay for the view and not the food. A set lunch deal can’t be bad though.

Alan TJ 34 posts

I think HN has always run it. Verdict remains as it was – you pay for the view and not the food. A set lunch deal can’t be bad though.

Thanks Rob,

The set lunch does look like a very good deal, I think we will give it a try.

flyoff 15 posts

The set meals with cocktail is a no brainer. I don’t understand the Hawksmoor (Posh Berni Inn set teak set) who can compare the hours of prep that the Oxo restaurant take to prepare well presented meals. The view is superb. I would be interested in what Rob and others feel are better options. Personally I prefer more ethnically diverse meals but as a British complex meal in London Oxo is my choice. When they offer a set menu with a cocktail it is a no brainer.

JdeW 19 posts

Just a word of warning that champagne isn’t champagne isn’t champagne!! Before rushing to use the Plat Amex offer and load up on HN own label champagne (made by Lombard & Medot) you may want to read this review by Gentleman’s Journal which gave it a fairly miserly 5.5/10.

QUOTE.We had our worries when we saw the bottle. There’s something a little bit basic about those birds — and even all the flapping and fluttering in the world couldn’t distract us from the bizarre taste of Harvey Nichols own-brand champagne. A frankly baffling bottling, it’s almost salty; a seaweed-tinged tipple with a sharp, bitter finish. Considering the department store’s usual stringent standards, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth — literally. UNQUOTE

n_godwin@hotmail.com 4 posts

Sorry if I am being thick but the offer doesn’t appear on my Amex app at the moment, is it widely available? I am looking under the ‘offers’ tab on the Amex app.

Andrew J 769 posts

Sorry if I am being thick but the offer doesn’t appear on my Amex app at the moment, is it widely available? I am looking under the ‘offers’ tab on the Amex app.

If you have the Platinum card it should be in your available offers on the main card. If it isn’t then contact Amex and they will add it – it’s open to all primary Platinum card members.

Graham-Walsh 61 posts

Just a word of warning that champagne isn’t champagne isn’t champagne!! Before rushing to use the Plat Amex offer and load up on HN own label champagne (made by Lombard & Medot) you may want to read this review by Gentleman’s Journal which gave it a fairly miserly 5.5/10.

QUOTE.We had our worries when we saw the bottle. There’s something a little bit basic about those birds — and even all the flapping and fluttering in the world couldn’t distract us from the bizarre taste of Harvey Nichols own-brand champagne. A frankly baffling bottling, it’s almost salty; a seaweed-tinged tipple with a sharp, bitter finish. Considering the department store’s usual stringent standards, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth — literally. UNQUOTE

Wish I had seen this before I ordered. Hey ho. Guess everyone has different taste buds.

Graham-Walsh 61 posts

Had a bottle of the Rose last night. As I thought, everyone has different tastes, really nice.

DYKWIA 6 posts

We had the sharing platter at the deli on Saturday. £60 including a bottle of wine. We should have listened when we were warned it was for 3-4 people 🙂

Credit not shown as yet.

SteC 34 posts

We had the sharing platter at the deli on Saturday. £60 including a bottle of wine. We should have listened when we were warned it was for 3-4 people 🙂

Credit not shown as yet.

I havent had the credit from a purchase last Thursday yet.

twoclicks 6 posts

Data point: for anyone who cannot see the offer, I called and they could see it their end and had to add it manually. It then appeared in the saved offers tab. I’ve done the spend but still no email / statement credit.

Andrew J 769 posts

An unexpected few thousand Avios just turned up in my Exec club account from Harvey Nics – after doing some digging it seems that they are now one of the BA e store “linked card” partners so you can collect in store as if you were shopping online at 6 Avios/£1. So link your Platinum card if you’re going to be shopping in store to use your £50. Not sure how the credits will affect this earning but certainly for the amounts above £50.

Harrods 120 posts

Used in store for GC and no email for offer used – talking about the £250 one, should stack I hope.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Used in store for GC and no email for offer used – talking about the £250 one, should stack I hope.

That’s not unusual these days.

Wally1976 188 posts

How long is it taking for the credit to appear on Amex accounts for this offer? Ordered on 11th and no sign yet. Want to get this card cancelled asap! Thanks

Tariq 79 posts

Credit appeared after the next statement for our cards. Meant that I had to settle the balance as that was all that I had used the card for…! Now the card is in credit, and I’m going to make an attempt at cancellation…

Harrods 120 posts

This one taking a while it seems, bought a GC in store (platinum £50 lifestyle credit + spend £250 get £50 back on my platinum card) and no email offer used and no credit yet

SteveJ 979 posts

Credit appeared after the next statement for our cards. Meant that I had to settle the balance as that was all that I had used the card for…! Now the card is in credit, and I’m going to make an attempt at cancellation…

You’ll be fine to cancel in credit, you’re only going to go even more in credit once the prorata fee refund is calculated.

Tariq 79 posts

You’ll be fine to cancel in credit, you’re only going to go even more in credit once the prorata fee refund is calculated.

Indeed, offer credit and fee refund all transferred across to another card quickly and easily, as no retention offer received…!

Wally1976 188 posts

I’m getting annoyed now! 16 days since the Harvey Nichols purchase, 2 days since the card statement was issued and still no refund for the Harvey Nichols £50. I’m waiting to cancel the card and it’s costing me around £1.60 for every day I wait for the refund. I’m going to ask Amex but know they’ll just day “wait 60 days…” or 90 days or whatever. Might have to cut my losses in the next few days. Grrrr. Next time I have the platinum I’ll do the Harvey Nichols spend straight away!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.