Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Harvey Nichols / Amex Platinum £100 cashback offer launched

• Aquarius12 41 posts

Data point spent on line on 25th June credit posted 27th June. Spent again 1st July & credit posted 5th July.

EvilDoctorK 3 posts

I didn’t chase it but it posted automatically about 10 days after the original

Original transaction posted 27 June ( in store in Knightsbridge ) .. Credit posted 7 July

brian 84 posts

Anyone know what the Birthday Gift is that comes as part of the HN loyalty scheme? Is it a standard discount rate across all products? I was due mine a few weeks ago and didn’t get it but am wondering if it’s worth chasing as I am about to use my £100 credit on a bottle of Red Breast 15 which costs exactly £100. Would be nice to have postage covered by the £100 credit.

Luca M 391 posts

Anyone know what the Birthday Gift is that comes as part of the HN loyalty scheme? Is it a standard discount rate across all products? I was due mine a few weeks ago and didn’t get it but am wondering if it’s worth chasing as I am about to use my £100 credit on a bottle of Red Breast 15 which costs exactly £100. Would be nice to have postage covered by the £100 credit.

Not sure if I am missing something from previous discussion Brian, but you only get £50 credit every 6 months, not £100 at once, so you either buy something for exactly £50 each time or you need to pay the difference.

brian 84 posts

Sorry I phrased that really poorly. I’ll be using this periods £50 credit along with a £50 gift voucher I got in early June. Just wondering if the Birthday Gift is something like a standard 5% off discount or whether it’s something entirely different.

MattB 261 posts

Put an order in on Thursday and received the £50 credit the next day! Haven’t even received the order yet.

Gary_Dexter 130 posts

Buy a £50 gift card each six months period, they have 24month expiration period.

Then you can use £200 on one item.

Apologises if already covered, Anyone know if you need to buy gift cards in store or online (or either) to receive the credit?

Thanks

Either is fine.

You sure? Gift Cards are excluded in the terms

brian 84 posts

I bought a gift card in store and got my £50 statement credit. What I hadn’t realised is that the gift card can only be used for in store purchases.

I recently also managed to use the latest credit along with my HN rewards birthday gift which was 15% off.

Gary_Dexter 130 posts

Can anyone clarify if this is only for spends up to £50?

I.e. if I spend £100 at HN, will I get £50 of it credited back?

CarpalTravel 363 posts

Yes. Up to £50 credit. If you spend £30, you will get £30 credited and have £20 left over, for future purchases.

MattB 261 posts

ignore me!

smitrax 21 posts

Do you still get the credit if you make a purchase via the BA Rewards app that offers multiples of Avios for every £ spent?

MattB 261 posts

As long as you pay with the amex card it will be fine. Worth pointing they rescinded my points from my HN purchase via the estore a few months ago for no apparent reason. I never have issues normally with other retailers.

Made another purchase a couple of weeks ago that had 12 avios per £ at the time so worth almost 1k points, we shall see if these are awarded.

smitrax 21 posts

Thanks, MattB.
    I’ve had the Avios credited for my purchase but not the £50 Amex credit. It’s been 3 weeks and my H1 experience was that the credit landed very quickly.

Andrew J 769 posts

Thanks, MattB.
    I’ve had the Avios credited for my purchase but not the £50 Amex credit. It’s been 3 weeks and my H1 experience was that the credit landed very quickly.

It’s very hit and miss these days with Amex offers can be a couple of days or a couple of months or anything in between.

ATP 59 posts

Spend £200 get £20 back on my plat this morning. Stacks with £50 credit IME for net spend of £130

Harrods 120 posts

Spend £200 get £20 back on my plat this morning. Stacks with £50 credit IME for net spend of £130

Miserable offer for HN ex platinum credit – sign of things to come.

ryaneberry 50 posts

We’ve got 3 x £50 back on £250 spends and 1 x £20 back on £200

Aiming to maximise these from the usual methods for a nice little bonus

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    JohnG 40 posts

I got the same offers, but having already used my £50 credits couldn’t think of a particular useful way to benefit from the offer. Would appreciate it if you could offer some tips if you do know a way!

Andrew J 769 posts

15% off beauty and fragrance at HN in store and online this weekend.

CarpalTravel 363 posts

I am in the same position as JohnG.

What really pains me though is the Le Creuset packaging – each item has arrived individually with a hydration bottle arriving in a box that is bigger than my Swissgear rucksack and about 10m of bubble wrap. The wastefulness is dreadful, and I am usually only mildly aware of such things. It really makes me not want to buy from there. Free money or not. It comes direct from Le Creuset, it is also despatched very slowly. They need to sort that out.

ryaneberry 50 posts

I got the same offers, but having already used my £50 credits couldn’t think of a particular useful way to benefit from the offer. Would appreciate it if you could offer some tips if you do know a way!

‘Tis the same with any offer at any shop, just got to find a believable excuse to return… I say no more

ExpatInBerlin 185 posts

Resurrecting this thread. I was approved for the Plat a fortnight ago but when my first card arrived I suspected tampering (both envelopes open, card hanging loose) so I requested cancellation and a new card from Amex fraud team, which unfortunately took ages and my new card only arrived a couple of days ago. Was conscious of needing to use or lose the HN £50 credit by Friday so earlier today I ordered some Le Creuset bowls from the HN website. The charge is showing as pending on my AMEX app but I’ve checked the confirmation email and now see that is states: “This item will be supplied by Le Creuset UK” and also: “For Collect in Store orders, your card will be charged once your item(s) arrive.” Bit concerned that if Le Creuset don’t ship them to the Knightsbridge store quickly enough the payment won’t go through it will end up crediting to the post-1st July £50! I might have to buy something in store just before it closes on Friday to make sure I definitely don’t lose it. Any thoughts please on whether my pending transaction with today’s date will be enough to get the credit applied even if it is still showing as pending come 1st July?

marshy11 247 posts

If you read back through the thread I think you will see you can nip in-store and buy a gift card.

If the purchase you have made won’t credit until they arrive (not sure how that works) then it may be likely you will nip over into next half year credit.

I think if it were me and I lived close, I would buy a gift card and hope the pans slip over to 1 July. Then you’ve spent the full 2 x £50 nicely!

ExpatInBerlin 185 posts

@marshy11 thanks, I am going to nip in after work today or tomorrow and if they don’t have something else I want on the shop floor I will definitely by the gift card as you suggest!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.