Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Harvey Nichols / Amex Platinum £100 cashback offer launched

• alig4th 322 posts

In

I’m going to ask Amex but know they’ll just day “wait 60 days…” or 90 days or whatever.

Wasn’t this offer t&c 150 days? I can’t check as I’ve since cancelled the card

LoganRoy 9 posts

Yes, it is 150 days, but I don’t understand the inconsistency in the timing of credit.

I’m in a similar position, HN transaction over 2 weeks ago and still nothing. I was told that the credit is applied in an automated manner, so why the variance in timing?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Andrew J 769 posts

Yes, it is 150 days, but I don’t understand the inconsistency in the timing of credit.

I’m in a similar position, HN transaction over 2 weeks ago and still nothing. I was told that the credit is applied in an automated manner, so why the variance in timing?

I agree – one LNER posted within a couple of days, another one I’m waiting weeks – and as it’s only a couple of quid I’ll not chase – but the offers are more like a raffle these days – perhaps you’ll get the prize, perhaps you won’t.

rum 275 posts

I agree – one LNER posted within a couple of days, another one I’m waiting weeks – and as it’s only a couple of quid I’ll not chase – but the offers are more like a raffle these days – perhaps you’ll get the prize, perhaps you won’t.

My experience as well – it does appear to be near enough random.

Used the Charles Tyrwhitt offer recently. Email confirming I’ve used the offer received in seconds. Three days later it is still not showing as ‘recently redeemed’. Lo and behold that same day I start receiving emails “don’t forget to use your Charles Tyrwhitt offer”!!

spellman 32 posts

I’ve used the offer twice now in restaurants in the HN London store, and so far no cashback has been paid. Transactions were three weeks and two weeks ago. Of course Amex support just say “wait 120 days” or something, but when cashback works, it’s always been less than a week.

highnal 23 posts

Data point:
    £251 order made on 16th March
    Both £50 cashback + £50 (off £250 spend) credits posted today. Took around +3 weeks.

SteC 34 posts

I made a purchase on the 10th March and still havent had the credit yet.

LoganRoy 9 posts

Update…I had mine credited on 2nd April from a 13th March purchase.

MattB 261 posts

My £50 credit posted yesterday for a transaction around 23rd March.

rum 275 posts

Used in store for GC and no email for offer used – talking about the £250 one, should stack I hope.

Did you get both credits @Harrods? Thinking of doing this as the £250 offer is expiring soon and I still haven’t used the 100% cashback from the Plat.

Can you use the gift card in store on the same day that you purchase it? Do you earn Harvey Nichs points when buying? Did you get BA eStore Avios for buying in store?

Sorry about all the questions – seems no data points on them. Thanks!

Harrods 120 posts

Used in store for GC and no email for offer used – talking about the £250 one, should stack I hope.

Did you get both credits @Harrods? Thinking of doing this as the £250 offer is expiring soon and I still haven’t used the 100% cashback from the Plat.

Can you use the gift card in store on the same day that you purchase it? Do you earn Harvey Nichs points when buying? Did you get BA eStore Avios for buying in store?

Yes sir! HN giftcard from physical store and £100 in credits

slidey 292 posts

Can you order a giftcard online and have it trigger the £50 credit?

rum 275 posts

Yes sir! HN giftcard from physical store and £100 in credits

Super! Thanks for the prompt reply 🙂

T_London 39 posts

Hi all – did anyone buy a gift card online and receive the credit? I need to use this offer soon and I think buying a GC is the easiest option, but don’t want to it it’s likely to not track.

Andrew J 769 posts

Hi all – did anyone buy a gift card online and receive the credit? I need to use this offer soon and I think buying a GC is the easiest option, but don’t want to it it’s likely to not track.

Yes works fine.

Noodles34 13 posts

I can’t see this offer in ‘my offers’, am i looking in the wrong place?

QwertyKnowsBest 301 posts

Buy a £50 gift card each six months period, they have 24month expiration period.

Then you can use £200 on one item.

Apologises if already covered, Anyone know if you need to buy gift cards in store or online (or either) to receive the credit?

Thanks

Andrew J 769 posts

Buy a £50 gift card each six months period, they have 24month expiration period.

Then you can use £200 on one item.

Apologises if already covered, Anyone know if you need to buy gift cards in store or online (or either) to receive the credit?

Thanks

Either is fine.

Molly 89 posts

Blue Label Blended Scotch Whisky & Bang & Olufsen Headphones Gift Pack on sale for £300 down from £495. Just sold the headphones for £200 on eBay so £50 for a bottle of Blue label after the cashback.

Supergers49 225 posts

Blue Label Blended Scotch Whisky & Bang & Olufsen Headphones Gift Pack on sale for £300 down from £495. Just sold the headphones for £200 on eBay so £50 for a bottle of Blue label after the cashback.

Been watching that offer for 2-3 weeks. Just hoping the offer is still on when the credit resets

Andrew J 769 posts

This resets for everyone today – another £50 to spend – and the Sale is on now. Don’t forget to register your card on the BA e store for 6 Avios per £1 spent in store (I always forget that’s in place – I spent in the sale last week and then a few days later over 10K Avios turned up in my account which was a nice surprise!)

EvilDoctorK 3 posts

I assume these are still posting in a random slow fashion … I made a £50+ instore purchase in Knightsbridge 10 days ago and no sign of any credit yet .. I guess just be patient !

kwho 62 posts

I got mine credited 17 days later. There is hope..

CarpalTravel 363 posts

Datapoint: Online Purchase 30th June, credit appeared on 8th July.

whuaremassive 42 posts

Transaction 28th June still no credit

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.