Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Hilton Barclaycard points for May haven’t transferred to HH

• RussellH 154 posts

I just noticed that my points from February onwards haven’t posted!. I know I should have checked earlier but I went into my account today to update my address since I have recently moved and it has taken me a while to work through all the changes of address. I also have a fair number of points (not the thousands others have though) that I’ve earned this month which will appear on my next Bcard statement due in the next few days so I need to get it sorted – is it best to call 03332021145? The Hhonors website is very poor on contact information.

In my experience it is nothing to do with Hilton, unless you can track down a person who is a liaison between Hilton + Barclaycard, who will have the contacts at Barclaycard to get this sorted. I do have details for such a person at Marriott Bonvoy, whose job is liaison with Creation, but no such info for Hilton.

As I described above, this has been a recurring problem throughout the life of the Hilton Barclaycard. They paid in total £400 compensation for regularly missing points between 2014 and 2017. I have quite a thick folder of apology letters. In April this year they paid me another £50 compensation for the combination of delay in posting my January points and utter incompetence in dealing with me when I phoned them.

Between 2014 and 2017 there was a link on the Barclaycard website that allowed you to complain about missing points by secure e-mail, but that has gone. Tells you a lot about Barclays customer “service”.

Frankly, I do not feel that they care anything like enough. Rather than employ people and train them in all aspects of job, they hope that people will just not notice that points have not turned up. After points appearing regularly from Feb to May, my 12 000 points due for June are already late.

Thanks very much for your reply. I have managed to initiate a complaint via Chat on the Hilton website (copied the text into word as a backup) and have a case number. First attempt speaking to Aaron was abruptly ended by him.

Following that I have received a holding auto-reply email saying:

“Thank you for contacting Hilton Customer Care.

We have received your request and are eager to assist you. Our goal is to respond to all inquiries within 5-7 business days from the receipt of your message.”

So that means I might get a reply by next Tuesday (assuming Hilton don’t count Saturday and Sunday as working days which would be odd for an hotel chain but there you go).

I do wish I had a ticket to the HfP party as I’d like to give my feedback to Barclays in person particularly as I can’t switch to their Avios card which is annoying in itself. But not receiving Hilton points on my spending is an added insult.

Who paid the compensation for not transferring/ awarding the points? Was it Barclaycard or Hilton?

As I said, nothing to do with Hilton. They just put the points into your a/c when Barclaycard get around to telling them to do so.

I have ALWAYS been in contact ONLY with Barclaycard about all their failings. Compensation is paid by Barclaycard. It is their fault if they do not tell Hilton about the points. Not Hilton’s fault.

RussellH 154 posts

I’m in the same boat, no posts posted for May Statement.

How did you raise the complaint, was it by phone or is there an online option somewhere ?

Do not bother with Hilton. It is Barclaycard’s fault, not Hilton’s.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 3 months ago by .
    RussellH 154 posts

I’m in the same boat, no posts posted for May Statement.

How did you raise the complaint, was it by phone or is there an online option somewhere ?

Do not bother with Hilton. It is Barclaycard’s fault, not Hilton’s.

And why does this reply appear here, rather than under the OP’s post?

And a second question, why have a second page of postings? Why not all on the same page? So much easier to read! [The same could be said of the whole of HfP, for that matter!]

• This reply was modified 54 years, 3 months ago by .
    pbcold 346 posts

20 days after I raised the matter with HH I have just received this fairly otiose response……

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your Barclay points. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Unfortunately your Barclay points have not transfer over to your Honors account, there is a system issue and Barclay is working diligently in resolving. We do not have an estimated timeframe as to when it will be corrected. Please contact Barclay directly in order for them to review and submit the missing points and we will be happy to update your Honors account. We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks for your ongoing loyalty. If you have any questions, you can connect with us via email, or reach us via telephone at +1-800-446-6677 (1-800-4Honors).

Best regards,

Karla S.

Hilton Honors Customer Service Center: Member Services

P.O. Box 9003

Addison, TX 75001

http://www.hiltonhonors.com

RussellH 154 posts

20 days after I raised the matter with HH I have just received this fairly otiose response……

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your Barclay points. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Unfortunately your Barclay points have not transfer over to your Honors account, there is a system issue and Barclay is working diligently in resolving. We do not have an estimated timeframe as to when it will be corrected. Please contact Barclay directly

As I have been saying, it is not Hilton’s problem.

If Barclaycard do not tell them about the points, Hilton cannot be blamed for not crediting them.

Sadly, you need to grit your teeth and try to get some sense out of the call centre people, who have never heard of the Hilton Honors Barclaycard and will try to tell you that it is Hilton’s problem. It is Barclaycard’s Problem and someone there needs to get to grip with it.
    Maybe, if a few of us can back a Barclaycard person into a corner next Wednesday we can get something done.

JDB 4,336 posts

Maybe, if a few of us can back a Barclaycard person into a corner next Wednesday we can get something done.

With this extraordinary lack of civility on display, why would the representatives of BC attend? Backing someone into a corner is not the right way to go about this; it is a business issue, not the playground.

RussellH 154 posts

With this extraordinary lack of civility on display, why would the representatives of BC attend? Backing someone into a corner is not the right way to go about this; it is a business issue, not the playground.

Who said anything about a lack of civility? “Backing someone into a corner” implies – to me, anyway – keeping on at someone until they agree to do something that clearly needs to done, which is perfectly civilised + business-like.

I would remind you that this is not a recent issue. The earliest letter I have about this issue (albeit it was IHG points, not Hilton ones, but it was still about missing points) with Barclaycard is dated 2 Dec 2014, in response to an e-mail of 27 Nov 2014. Barclaycard’s later letter, though, reminds me that my initial contact with them was in October 2014.

My final letter on the IHG matter was in March 2016. I would guess that the problem stopped then because the IHG Barclaycard closed around then.

I did not become aware of the same problem happening with the Hilton Barclaycard until Feb 2017. They paid compensation in April 2017. As far as I was concerned, the problem did not arise again until this year, but given the number of people commenting about this it is clearly a problem that has never really gone away, and Barclaycard do not seem to have tried to actually do anything about it.

I put it to Barclaycard in my formal complaint of last March that they needed to sort the problem out once and for all and to train their staff to recognise the problem. Tellingly, they never responded to any of that.

AJA 1,069 posts

OK, @JDB so who do you think should solve this problem and how? Barclaycard and Hilton are both being disingenuous if they claim there is no problem. It’s also a bit off to promote a new product (Avios cards) and agree a deal with Hilton not to allow its long standing customers to swap to the new product but also not transfer cash to hilton for them to allocate the points to our accounts. Someone at Barclaycard should take responsibility to resolve the issue, whatever it is. It’s not like it’s a one-off occurrence that happens only to a few customers. If a BC representative happens to be at a party held by HfP it seems fair to be challenged on the issue. Or are you claiming that BC loyalty card rep has absolutely nothing to do with Hilton cards and there is a completely separate person responsible for Hilton? And if so are you suggesting that the BC rep can’t or won’t or shouldn’t talk to their Hilton colleague?

JohnTh 58 posts

I found the Hilton rep helpful when I used the Barclaycard number 03332021145 but then used option 1 for Hilton (who would guess this route!). It does go to Hilton but they understood it was an issue with Barclaycard and told me they create a case for Barclays so they can work together! Resolution when I did it before took a couple of weeks, but did work. Apparently the underlying cause HAS BEEN fixed at long last, so we will see when the June statement finally gets processed across!

JDB 4,336 posts

@AJA it is the tone and suggestion by the OP that a “few of us” should “back a Barclaycard person into a corner” that is lacking in civility and is no way to behave towards an invited guest at someone else’s function.

There are proper channels to deal with administrative issues such as this and in my extensive experience, being polite but very firm will get you a lot further than backing someone into a corner which sounds more like thuggery. I am amazed at people’s apparent inability to resolve ordinary everyday issues.

AJA 1,069 posts

@ JDB OK perhaps the backing into a corner is a tad dramatic and I think being polite but very firm was really what @RussellH was really suggesting. I suggest you’ve taken the words too literally.

Also Barclaycard is more than a mere invited guest to the HfP do, it is the main sponsor as far as I understand it. That does not mean it should only have praise heaped on it. If there is something wrong, and there plainly is with the lack of Hilton points posting to multiple customer accounts for multiple months in a row, then surely an informal business gathering such as the HfP party is the perfect venue to raise the issue with the Barclaycard head of loyalty cards, while chatting over a glass of wine or beer or non-alcoholic beverage or some such?

Unfortunately I am not one of the lucky 200 to have a ticket so I shan’t be there. However I would happily raise the issue on behalf of my fellow Hfp’ers if I was going. I would also appreciate it if someone else did on my behalf.

There’s no need to be rude when raising issues but issues should definitely be raised. Or are you of the view that we should not raise issues and only heap praise on Barclaycard? I hadn’t put you down as a forelock tugging type but maybe you are?

What proper channels do you suggest? I’ve tried the Hilton Chat function and am waiting to hear back but as RussellH has said I should contact Barclaycard and not Hilton but their website doesn’t give you much in the way of doing so I am open to all practical suggestions of who I should contact? Would you suggest writing to the Barclaycard Head of Loyalty? And is that any better than trying to talk face-to-face to them at the HfP party?

RussellH 154 posts

JDB, OK perhaps the backing into a corner is a tad dramatic and I think being polite but very firm was really what RussellH was really suggesting.

Yes, it was. It is called metaphor.

pbcold 346 posts

Seven hours after receiving my discouraging email I’ve just signed into my HH account and all my missing points have been credited. Very surprising and very pleasing.

robkeane 78 posts

PHone call from bclay today regarding my complaint I registered mid-June, to say my May points are in the hilton account now….so she was somewhat disappointed when I told her that they are still not there (June points posted fine a few days ago). Checked both hilton app and website.

Yuff 43 posts

My June points haven’t turned up. Mrs Yuff’s have.
    I think there was a similar problem a few months ago and they arrived eventually.

AJA 1,069 posts

Did anyone manage to speak to the Barclaycard loyalty person at last night’s HfP do about the Hilton points not posting?

I never received a follow up to my webchat last week so I have just phoned Barclaycard on 0333 202 1145 and selected option 1 to go through to Hilton. Spoke to someone called Clifton who expressed surprise when I told him my points hadn’t posted. He verified the last points transfer from Barclaycard was in October 2021!

He told me that Hilton is having problems with thousands of complaints that transfers from Barclaycard aren’t happening. He acknowledged that he could see my complaint lodged from last week and apologised profusely for the problem I am experiencing. Apparently I will receive an email update shortly from a colleague of his. Let’s see.

DevonDiamond 71 posts

Not got my June points so think it’s time to complain too. Barclaycard service is very poor of late – as was Amex when I tried and failed to resolve something via chat today

AJA 1,069 posts

Update:
    I got an email from Hilton Honors Customer Service Centre in Texas (actual email address is priorityletter@hilton.com ) and they apologised for the delay but have updated my account with the points going back to November! (I thought I was just missing back to February) – just checked my Hilton account and they are all there including those due from the June 2022 statement! So I am currently up to date 🙂 but let’s see if July’s points post next month.

They acknowledged the issue with Barclaycard and apparently “Barclay is working diligently in resolving. We do not have an estimated timeframe as to when it will be corrected. We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.”

DevonDiamond 71 posts

Mine seem to have transferred over – twice. I am assuming that will not be compensation but let’s see if they notice

Wally1976 188 posts

Yesterday I sent Barclaycard a letter (yes, one of those paper things) asking to raise a complaint regarding my May HH points still not received. Seemed a bit OTT for less than 7k HH points but it’s the principle more than anything! I’ll post what happens here.

My June points posted fine, incidentally, but July not yet (usually they post between 22nd and 26th).

RussellH 154 posts

Yesterday I sent Barclaycard a letter (yes, one of those paper things) asking to raise a complaint regarding my May HH points still not received.
    [Snip]

Formal complaints need to be sent in writing. And you need some way of proving that the complaint has been received. Which is seldom possible with electronic communications. Not least given that it would be child’s play to forge a crude e-mail receipt.

robkeane 78 posts

Yesterday I sent Barclaycard a letter (yes, one of those paper things) asking to raise a complaint regarding my May HH points still not received.
    [Snip]

Formal complaints need to be sent in writing. And you need some way of proving that the complaint has been received. Which is seldom possible with electronic communications. Not least given that it would be child’s play to forge a crude e-mail receipt.

Not with bclaycard. You can do it by phone and get a complaint reference number.

Roberto 279 posts

GROUNDHOG DAY

Further to delays in April and June my July Hilton points are AWOL now.

What a crock.

bungalow 177 posts

GROUNDHOG DAY

Further to delays in April and June my July Hilton points are AWOL now.

What a crock.

Ditto my July points, but that’s the first delay I’ve had for about a year or so. However it certainly appears there are major issues somewhere, a concerning trend reading this thread, and very frustrating if you are trying to book a lot of Hilton hotel redemptions like I am at the minute.

BJ 675 posts

I’m missing January, May and July. V
    Complaint going to the Ombudsmant tomorrow. Lost patience with them, Barclays make Creation look good!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.