Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards The HSBC Premier Mastercards thread

• polly 292 posts

@Reney
    Mine how’s just after the charge.
    And of course, both fees must been charged last week, aftey specifically saying no fee this year. So the phone yet again…

Reney 768 posts

@Reney
    Mine how’s just after the charge.
    And of course, both fees must been charged last week, aftey specifically saying no fee this year. So the phone yet again…

Hi Polly,

Thanks for the answer, I assume the second half of the response refer to your annual fee. I am impressed by your persistence. Although it feels sometimes like a required behavior trait in this game from all the chasing and checking for rewards…

polly 292 posts

@Reney,

Meant my fees charge show just after the purchase. Yes, it is a major trait we all develop to ensure we get what we are promised. It does take persistence. But the manager l spoke to last week assured me no fees for this year, yet they were on the statement. Weirdest thing not showing on the on,one statement, but clearly added in on the last 2 lines of the paper statement. Yes, l get one of those… but she said let them know, and they will be cancelled. These things tend to rumble on and on, but we learn to take it in our stride…. Usually worth it in the end.

Bobri 14 posts

Are there any payments involving bendy (fronted) that this card will punish for with fees? E.g. paying seagulls or other card?

points_worrier 295 posts

Are there any payments involving bendy (fronted) that this card will punish for with fees? E.g. paying seagulls or other card?

Seagulls fine (with points too). Transerwise however was rewarded with interest and no points.

jeff67 8 posts

Hi
    I have the world elite paid credit card and have a joint HSBC premier account with my wife via my earnings. She is a supp on the credit card
    Do you think I could cancel the credit card and have my wife sign up to get a new card and get the bonus?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Don’t see why not. You can then reapply yourself in 6 (?) months.

Scottpat78 243 posts

Received info this afternoon on the new Portal changes, which I have been ‘selected’ to trial.
    The thing to note here is my points are being migrated and I won’t be able to redeem points for a couple of days as they prep.

==========================
    Congratulations, you’ve been selected to trial our new-look HSBC UK Loyalty Portal.

We’re excited to let you know that the site is almost ready to test and we’ll be giving you exclusive access to it soon.

What happens next?

Before we can give you access, we’ll need to migrate your existing points to the new site. This means you won’t be able to redeem any points on the current portal from 5 July 2022 until the testing commences on 7 July 2022.

You’ll receive an email when we’re ready to start testing. This will include a protected URL to access the portal and instructions on what to do next

points_worrier 295 posts

Received info this afternoon on the new Portal changes, which I have been ‘selected’ to trial.
    The thing to note here is my points are being migrated and I won’t be able to redeem points for a couple of days as they prep.

Congratulations, you’ve been selected to trial our new-look HSBC UK Loyalty Portal.

We’re excited to let you know that the site is almost ready to test and we’ll be giving you exclusive access to it soon.

What happens next?

Before we can give you access, we’ll need to migrate your existing points to the new site. This means you won’t be able to redeem any points on the current portal from 5 July 2022 until the testing commences on 7 July 2022.

You’ll receive an email when we’re ready to start testing. This will include a protected URL to access the portal and instructions on what to do next

Do let us know the differences:
    – any hotel partners
    – any changes in redemption rates (gulp…)

Andrew M 12 posts

What happens next?

Do let us know the differences:
    – any hotel partners
    – any changes in redemption rates (gulp…)

I’d also be very interested to know what new airline or hotel partners are on the new HSBC portal. According to the email Scott received, the testing should be live today so if anyone has access please let us know.

polly 292 posts

Same here, hoping for a Marriott partnership

Scottpat78 243 posts

Nothing received yet….will keep you all posted though.

points_worrier 295 posts

There is a reason why we didn’t do it, which will become clear soon enough ….

Should I be converting all my points to avios now???

meta 1,441 posts

? Looks like some comments are missing.

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

Well that comment from Rob was back in January and related more to foreshadowing the launch of the new Barclays Avios mastercards than these current changes…

meta 1,441 posts

I see. It’s strange to quote something six months old in relation to something that was announced less than 2 months ago.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Scottpat78 243 posts

Nothing happened yet, and I just checked – my points balance is still available in the main CC account page, but if I click on it to redeem I see the following message for each option (airline miles etc.)

Airline miles

There appears to be an issue affecting your card. Please contact us on 03457 404 404

Hopefully something happening soon.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Harry T 96 posts

Please could someone tell me how long it takes for HSBC to process and provide a supplementary card for the HSBC premier world elite credit card? Incredibly, it seems you need to post them a paper form to do this.

polly 292 posts

@HarryT. The manager l liaised with recently told me you can download these forms now.. have a look. If not, as soon as you get the paper form, if ness, don’t post it back. Literally bring it into branch, ensure they scan it directly. My OHs took 10 days from then for the card to arrive. That was after l had sent my paper forms x 3 times by mail. Just a dreadful old fashioned system.. It drives me mad, if it weren’t for the decent avios earning potential, in lots of ways.

yorkieflyer 259 posts

Please could someone tell me how long it takes for HSBC to process and provide a supplementary card for the HSBC premier world elite credit card? Incredibly, it seems you need to post them a paper form to do this.

Downloaded the form, posted it and to be fair card was back within 10 days

Harry T 96 posts

@polly and yorkieflyer

Thank you very much for the data points. I think I will try and take it into the branch down the road from me. I haven’t visited a physical bank in years!

YH 20 posts

I’m having a refund sent to a cancelled/lost Prem WE card. I still have the same account with a new card number.

Will HSBC systems be smart enough to automatically credit the money to my account or will I have to call to sort this?

Pete 4 posts

Any news on the usual August transfer bonus?

Andrew M 12 posts

Any news on the usual August transfer bonus?

It ran from August 16th to September 19th last year so I’d be hoping for something similar this year.

Sprout 31 posts

Did it apply to all transfers or to specific airlines?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.