Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards The HSBC Premier Mastercards thread

• Andrew M 12 posts

Did it apply to all transfers or to specific airlines?

The bonus last year between those dates was for BA only. There have been other bonus points promotions on transfers from HSBC to other airlines but they always run separately and never get any promotion from HSBC.

Mankhool 32 posts

Now not receiving points for curve transactions to finincial or HMRC using WE.

ZW 30 posts

I just did a testing transfer from HSBC rewards to BA avios, before the new platform, it normally took about 2-3 days. This time, it seems to be instantaneous. Also, points are now earned after each transaction, not on the statement date anymore.

rams 223 posts

I just did a testing transfer from HSBC rewards to BA avios, before the new platform, it normally took about 2-3 days. This time, it seems to be instantaneous. Also, points are now earned after each transaction, not on the statement date anymore.

is that checked by logging in via desktop rather than the app? My app doesn’t show points anymore. Additionally my last statement didn’t have anything related to points which was odd so had to log in via desktop to see them.

Bobri 14 posts

Including Seagulls?

ZW 30 posts

is that checked by logging in via desktop rather than the app? My app doesn’t show points anymore. Additionally my last statement didn’t have anything related to points which was odd so had to log in via desktop to see them.

Website.

Mankhool 32 posts

Including Seagulls?

Yes for all curve transactions including purchase of https://esim.me/ through curve.
    All curve transactions on WE had no points on my statement. All were curve transactions in my present statement.

The Urbanite 117 posts

Including Seagulls?

Yes for all curve transactions including purchase of https://esim.me/ through curve.
    All curve transactions on WE had no points on my statement. All were curve transactions in my present statement.

That’s weird if you’ve had non-financial transactions. Some months the points calculation goes haywire, the only constant I’ve noticed is that I had a refund of some sort in those statement periods.

Mick S 271 posts

yep, same here.
    App hasnt shown points for a while now (used to, why remove the visibility), and last statement not having a points earned/summary. So you now have to login to the website to check your points balance has gone up.

Sprout 31 posts

App hasnt shown points for a while now (used to, why remove the visibility), and last statement not having a points earned/summary. So you now have to login to the website to check your points balance has gone up.

Apologies if you’re already aware…
    You can see your last few points per transaction details on the website by clicking on “points balance” and then “spend points” and scolling to the bottom.
    I’m not sure if this is new but I’ve only just noticed it anyway!

Mankhool 32 posts

Finally today ,Points shown for non financial transaction with curve but no curve financial points posted

points_worrier 294 posts

A quick look for me today:
    – Financial points posted (via curve) on 1st Aug 2022. I havent made any since.
    – 1y introductory bonus has posted. I havent been charged the renewal fee yet

doug 5 posts

I’ve been charged full fee today.
    Is this fee reprospective from 2021? I’ve been to a couple airports that lounges were closed like LA, maybe I could argue that

Reney 755 posts

I’ve been charged full fee today.
    Is this fee reprospective from 2021? I’ve been to a couple airports that lounges were closed like LA, maybe I could argue that

randomly out of the blue or is your annual year due?

polly 287 posts

Oops, must keep a closer look at my bendy partner. It’s the reason l pay that monthly fee… have checked the updated points statement, and no card payment points awarded so far this month.
    Saying that, last statement total corresponded with my seagulls bendy payments. Let’s see how this develops. No point in keeping the paid metal if that’s the case.

Reney 755 posts

I just got this month’s statement, it doesn’t even have a points earned section at all, it used to be at the end.

My (there lack of) points earning appears to be consistent with others. Good thing I already requested to downgrade the card. The annual summary has appeared, no sign of the spend 12k in first year get x points. My card year ends tomorrow, so we will see.

polly 287 posts

@Reney
    Yep, you have to clicks on points on your home page, then scroll down to see your daily points earn. I literally had to subtract my totals to see if bendy had earned last statement, while not being individually mentioned. July statement seems to have earned. Let’s see what August brings. Decisions.

Did you not ask for fee waiver again, due to travel issues out there?

Reney 755 posts

@Polly, I asked them if they were waiving fees again and they said they were not. I didn’t really push it as I am not expecting much spend to happen on this card given I will qualify for the Barclays card in October and currently still working ok BAPP voucher.

Carlos 758 posts

Bad time to join the party with seagulls?

Reney 755 posts

Not bad time, more like too late. The party appears to be over.

points_worrier 294 posts

Well we’ve reached the point where last year there was a 25% avios bonus. No sign of it this year 🙁

bobthebuilder 27 posts

This portal seems to be open now: https://www.homeandaway.hsbc.com/gb/en-gb/

polly 287 posts

Last year, it suddenly appeared, no notice, think someone spotted it and mentioned it on here. Didn’t last long, so you have to be quick. Limited to 99k per transfer transaction also. So can take time to transfer all out, if that’s what you chose. Let’s hope it appears any day now.

Reney 755 posts

my annual fee has been charged despite submitting downgrade form. The extra points for meeting the spend limit on year 1 did not turn up ~ when does that usually turn up?

polly 287 posts

@Reney,

Supposed to post 2nd statement into the 2nd year…as long as you got the downgrade in before end of 1st year, you will get them. I actually had an apology call today from them, as mine hadn’t posted by month 4…so they are manually posting them for me. The Malta call centre are really very efficient. They will get it done for you. Give them a call. But you won’t see them for another statement at least. Fee will be refunded. Helps to mention it on the downgrade call. Or did you just submit the forms? Direct to the bank, online or regular snail mail? Seriously disorganised that lot…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.