Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors My summer of Hilton resorts in Turkey

• Carlos 758 posts

Start leaving your reviews. Your unlikely to get anything else. Did you accept the 25k points?

JDB 4,369 posts

@can – you will get more, you just need the right angle, and the one I would use is that you know DT, you weren’t expecting WA, but the hotel fell well below brand standards / values to a wholly unacceptable degree. The management/hotel that is supposed to be within the Hilton/DT system has gone rogue and that is very detrimental to the company and its guests. This ruined your holiday, and play on the aspects I posted earlier. Hilton needs to investigate, not rely on the manager who is the problem and obviously not the solution. Are there any bad reviews you can refer them to? The sad reality is that they probably don’t care that you had a bad stay but if you can point to issues that concern them and will lead to bigger problems or getting sued, they will sit up and address them.

can 506 posts

Thanks @JDB, I am now settled with them for a 2 night all brand Hilton certificates. I asked for 4, they said they cannot go beyond 2.
    I guess I am not the best at bargaining…

JDB 4,369 posts

@Can really glad you got a much better offer and have got it resolved quickly. It seems a good outcome and I don’t know that they would have gone further and you will have sensed how far they would go, so best to be pragmatic.

rams 223 posts

Great advice JDB and well done can. Thanks for sharing your experience as well

Carlos 758 posts

Nice that is a result, are you able to share your email or template which you used for their head office? I am looking to make a trip next month and I hope they will learn for their lesson

can 506 posts

@carlos this was Kemer resort not the DT Antalya city centre. I’m sure they have different ownership/management.

And I don’t feel comfortable sharing the email template in a public forum.

blenz101 24 posts

I’m really surprised at the reaction from readers here. To me I think the OP sounds like the ass and his expectations and sense of entitlement were the issue.

It’s a DT in a relatively poor country. From going in and ‘waving at staff’ to get his bags, shouting at the service staff in the restaurant to the point where security were called, demanding off menu meals and stalking the management teams profiles online he comes across at the problem. And the fact this isn’t a one off speaks volumes.

The hotel gets no right of reply here but let’s try to remember the customer isn’t always right.

I hope Hilton have a way of flagging troublesome guests and the next hotel gets the heads so security are aware in advance and can ensure their staff don’t suffer and have cause to complain to their managers daily.

can 506 posts

I’m really surprised at the reaction from readers here. To me I think the OP sounds like the ass and his expectations and sense of entitlement were the issue.

It’s a DT in a relatively poor country. From going in and ‘waving at staff’ to get his bags, shouting at the service staff in the restaurant to the point where security were called, demanding off menu meals and stalking the management teams profiles online he comes across at the problem. And the fact this isn’t a one off speaks volumes.

The hotel gets no right of reply here but let’s try to remember the customer isn’t always right.

I hope Hilton have a way of flagging troublesome guests and the next hotel gets the heads so security are aware in advance and can ensure their staff don’t suffer and have cause to complain to their managers daily.

DT kemer, is that you :))

This made me laugh

JohnG 40 posts

It’s never going to be possible to be confident about events based on a single summary from one party. I think quite a few people would see you calling OP an ass in your second sentence and making out they are unreasonable for expecting a little choice as a vegetarian, and have just as much reason to think it’s you who is an ass; my point not being that you are, but that it isn’t helpful for people to jump to negative conclusions on forums based on insufficient information.

OP doesn’t appear to be a native English speaker (apologies if I am mistaken) and the fact that everything isn’t worded to imply they were faultless could just be honesty rather than evidence of worse behaviour. With that said I will admit I also read there post and came away with a much less clear view on the balance of blame than most respondents, however I think it’s reasonable that respondents are giving the poster benefit of the doubt. If OP is actually the problem then I’m sure Hilton can, and will, deal with that themselves.

Carlos 758 posts

It’s never going to be possible to be confident about events based on a single summary from one party. I think quite a few people would see you calling OP an ass in your second sentence and making out they are unreasonable for expecting a little choice as a vegetarian, and have just as much reason to think it’s you who is an ass; my point not being that you are, but that it isn’t helpful for people to jump to negative conclusions on forums based on insufficient information.

OP doesn’t appear to be a native English speaker (apologies if I am mistaken) and the fact that everything isn’t worded to imply they were faultless could just be honesty rather than evidence of worse behaviour. With that said I will admit I also read there post and came away with a much less clear view on the balance of blame than most respondents, however I think it’s reasonable that respondents are giving the poster benefit of the doubt. If OP is actually the problem then I’m sure Hilton can, and will, deal with that themselves.

Lets home OP doesn’t have the same problem at say Maldives (or anywhere else for that matter) with their 2 night all brand certificate.

blenz101 24 posts

@JohnG on the vegetarian point the chef who lets face it is unlikely to be much more than a line cook preparing a set rotating buffet of food literally asked what the OP wanted to eat but this wasn’t good enough, the chef should be coming up with menus to specifically cater for one guest, at a double tree!

To be that is behaving like an ass.

And frankly, I don’t for a second believe options were not available. Never been to a buffet in the world that had meat in every salad, didn’t offer plain pasta or French fries for this kids.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.