Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022

• ringingup 179 posts

Quick question on the £150 credit. My card renewal is in March ’23 and I used the £150 credit last October. If I were to spend £150 on another qualifying restaurant eg Hakkasan before March would I receive another £150 credit?

It’s per calendar year, not membership year.

Michael Scott 20 posts

We visited Sabor in london last night with our credit, would definitely recommend, especially if you can get seated at the counter. Great use of the dining credit

Andrew J 769 posts

Quick question on the £150 credit. My card renewal is in March ’23 and I used the £150 credit last October. If I were to spend £150 on another qualifying restaurant eg Hakkasan before March would I receive another £150 credit?

Clearly states the following in the Ts&Cs of the offer in the app:
    “The first benefit period ends on 31 December 2022. The next benefit periods will run annually from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023 inclusive, and 1 January 2024 to 31 December 2024 inclusive.”

jsto 74 posts

Clearly states the following in the Ts&Cs of the offer in the app:
    “The first benefit period ends on 31 December 2022. The next benefit periods will run annually from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023 inclusive, and 1 January 2024 to 31 December 2024 inclusive.”

Yes you would!

SteveJ 979 posts

Hakkasan here we come!

Whatever you do don’t book online. They require a deposit usually and that deposit doesn’t meet the terms of the offer as processed via Stripe.

Maybe if you call up and explain they can take the deposit in restaurant or waive it entirely.

rashomon 75 posts

oh!

I did book online earlier – using my Plat card and was asked to authorise £0 transaction … so no deposit taken as far as I can see

timrogers 13 posts

Great work Tim – this is very useful. A small bug I’ve noticed is that when looking at Gent (Belgium), the map defaults to Indonesia.

That’s a great spot. Obviously, a deliberate trick to see if people are really using the site 😉 I’ve fixed the coordinates for Gent.

hello98 6 posts

Does anyone have any recommendations for French restaurants on the list in Paris that are good for vegetarians? Visiting next weekend and a lot of the restaurants on the list don’t seem to have many or any vegetarian options on the menu. Don’t particularly want to go a vegi only restaurant as the rest of us eat meat. Thanks

Also thanks Tim for the website – has made the search experience significantly better!

jarul 13 posts

Has anyone used the dining credit for 2023 and if so how long did it take to get the credit?

As I’ve used it in 2022, and both times received the credit the next business day. But for some reason this time I haven’t, its been 3 working days since.

chelseafifi 53 posts

Has anyone used the dining credit for 2023 and if so how long did it take to get the credit?

As I’ve used it in 2022, and both times received the credit the next business day. But for some reason this time I haven’t, its been 3 working days since.

Used @ Ivy last Fri 13th credit received today Wed 18th

yorkshireRich 187 posts

Anyone got recommendations for Madrid on AMEX. Went through the reviews of each and every one the other night and none jumped out at me.

Fraser 53 posts

Anyone got recommendations for Madrid on AMEX. Went through the reviews of each and every one the other night and none jumped out at me.

It’s not on the Amex offer but Alcaravea on Cea Bermudez is amazing and worth flying to Madrid just to go there for dinner.

Biki 117 posts

I went to Amazonico in 2019 and really enjoyed it.

jarul 13 posts

Used @ Ivy last Fri 13th credit received today Wed 18th

Thanks, I was @ the Ivy on Saturday 14, hopefully it appears tomorrow.

Harrods 120 posts

Do NOT bother with CUT at 45 Park Lane – mediocre and overpriced steak, service was terrible (4/10), went for the 1KG porterhouse cut which was £380 by itself and not worth the price at all. I do recommend Lutyens Grill at the Ned if you want a steakhouse in London on the list, Blacklock and Goodman if you can venture outside the platinum dining credit list 🙂

JDB 4,369 posts

Do NOT bother with CUT at 45 Park Lane – mediocre and overpriced steak, service was terrible (4/10), went for the 1KG porterhouse cut which was £380 by itself and not worth the price at all. I do recommend Lutyens Grill at the Ned if you want a steakhouse in London on the list, Blacklock and Goodman if you can venture outside the platinum dining credit list 🙂

I have reported how rubbish CUT is here twice previously on 31 Jul and 5 Nov. It’s shockingly bad and so absurdly overpriced, I just don’t understand how it keeps busy. A really basic, tiny unremarkable ribeye steak = over £100 with some potatoes/veg and a split béarnaise sauce. Extraordinary, when for the same money you can have, for example, instead of one bad course, the six course tasting menu at Mere, a vastly superior gastronomic experience and a better, less expensive wine list.

Skywalker 697 posts

I gave a little review of a very decent steakhouse on the dining credit list with superb views on the 11/12/22 (Butler’s Wharf Chop House).

Probably-bad-for-your-hearty sized portions and it came to just under the dining credit allowance itself for two.

VinZ 142 posts

If you want the best steak in town you should go to Meat Wine and Co near the Curzon in Mayfair.

Kuestrian 56 posts

Had a pleasant surprise checking my account this morning as a visit to Hawksmoor Air St last week was credited with the £150 even though it’s not on the list.

Hawksmoor Wood Wharf was on the list before Christmas but has since disappeared, with only Manc/Edinburgh showing now.

anuj 98 posts

For hakkasan is there anyway to avoid having to pay the £50 deposit each online ? I tried ringing them but they were basically just filling out the online form for me but over the phone.

Thanks

ringingup 179 posts

I’m still waiting for the credit after dining at The Colony Grill on 8 December. I’ve called multiple times and every time, basically, I’ve been told to wait a bit longer, despite promises that the credit would be applied manually.

ringingup 179 posts

For hakkasan is there anyway to avoid having to pay the £50 deposit each online ? I tried ringing them but they were basically just filling out the online form for me but over the phone.

Thanks

Go with less than 5 people and avoid Friday and Saturday evening 🙂

StanTheMan 217 posts

I’m still waiting for the credit after dining at The Colony Grill on 8 December. I’ve called multiple times and every time, basically, I’ve been told to wait a bit longer, despite promises that the credit would be applied manually.

oh god, we used it there on Saturday night — statement says “THE BEAUMONT HOTEL – CO LONDON” but when i click on it it clearly says “COLONY GRILL ROOM” . I wonder/hope they have changed it sits you went in December.

whatever 5 posts

Quick question for the group, I received my Amex Platinum in September and used both £150 dining credits in October and December, receiving them within a couple of days. I asked the question on the Amex chat if they renewed just after new year and they confirmed they did, so another £300?

Does anyone have any experience of gaining the 2nd lot of credit within the same year as it was my understanding that it was calendar year?

Will 15 posts

Quick question for the group, I received my Amex Platinum in September and used both £150 dining credits in October and December, receiving them within a couple of days. I asked the question on the Amex chat if they renewed just after new year and they confirmed they did, so another £300?

Does anyone have any experience of gaining the 2nd lot of credit within the same year as it was my understanding that it was calendar year?

Indeed, you’ll have another £150×2 (domestic and international) to use for 2023!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.