Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!

Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!

• Harrier25

I have Plat, will my MR points dissapear if I cancel account?

Get yourself the free Amex Rewards credit card and link it to the same online account where your Platinum card is held before cancelling, then your MR points will remain safe.

Rui N.

Whats the earliest people have got their retention offer after getting the platinum?

Got 35k MR less than 1 month after upgrading.

TravelFreakUK

I love this forum. Stumbled across this thread in the same month that my Membership Fee was billed. I have had this card for around 4 years and spend maybe 50k annually on it. Easy call, 50k MR points awarded. Cheers!

S

Trawling through this thread looks like not alot of joy for Business platinum holders. The best I was offered for my biz card was a £55 statement credit after I complained about the fee increase over chat. Pushed back but no dice. Better than nothing I guess.

zapato1060

Chat denied me any MRs for cancelling. Called phone line and refused any points but was given 10k for 1 or 2 PP denials. Will do full cancel in a week or so.

alig4th

Chat denied me any MRs for cancelling. Called phone line and refused any points but was given 10k for 1 or 2 PP denials. Will do full cancel in a week or so.

Just been told on chat, after asking explicitly, that “We [confirmed to mean AMEX globally, not just the India office who I was speaking to] are unable to offer compensation [for refused lounge access, in this case both Plaza and Aspire at Heathrow T5 for a family of 4]”.

Given the comments from multiple people on here and other forums, the rep is clearly misinformed or outright misleading me.

Call to the UK office tomorrow. Adding to the complaint that I’ve been given incorrect information on chat (having wasted a LOT of my time!)

zapato1060

Just been told on chat, after asking explicitly, that “We [confirmed to mean AMEX globally, not just the India office who I was speaking to] are unable to offer compensation [for refused lounge access, in this case both Plaza and Aspire at Heathrow T5 for a family of 4]”.

Given the comments from multiple people on here and other forums, the rep is clearly misinformed or outright misleading me.

Call to the UK office tomorrow. Adding to the complaint that I’ve been given incorrect information on chat (having wasted a LOT of my time!)

Misinformed I would say, its like a roulette with these people on chat. I called and it was more like a gesture of goodwill (for having a few PP denials) rather than for me potentially cancelling the card.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.