Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Possible 25% bonus for transferring HSBC points to Avios

• Jimbob 29 posts

I transferred two tranches of hsbc points over to Avios last night before closing my account down.

Transferred 99998 points and 73926 points and my Avios account is showing deposits of 99998, 25000, 73926 and 18482 points

This suggests HSBC are doing another unannounced 25% bonus on transfers to Avios.

As transfers are now instant, might be worth checking with a small transfer first.

rahaney 44 posts

Confirmed.
    Many thanks @Jimbob.
    Points transfer instantaneous (within a minute)
    10k HSBC -> 5K avios + 1250 received.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Thank you!

The Urbanite 118 posts

Thanks for sharing!

dougzz99 623 posts

Thanks for sharing. 25% bonus for me too. No mention at any stage but two transactions appeared in BAEC, amount transferred and second for additional 25%.

SamG 1,644 posts

Well done. Thanks!

rahaney 44 posts

NB: The bonus shows in BAEC after transaction completion – there is no mention of it when doing the HSBC side.
    Ta

colinc57 40 posts

@jimbob. You are a star !

Jimbob 29 posts

Always seems slightly odd that they don’t tend to publicise these offers

dougzz99 623 posts

Agreed. If you don’t publicise it what’s the point. Who pays for the extra Avios, HSBC I assume.

sm 178 posts

Great stuff. Thanks. Did a test transaction of 100 Avios and got the 25 bonus Avios. Almost instantly in my BAEC.

Then cleared out the rest of my balance to get 48,000 Avios. Checking my account 2 hours later only received the bonus 12,000 but not the 48,000 🤷🏻‍♀️ Very strange…..

ZW 30 posts

Thank you! Just transferred and got 25% bonus. App didn’t refresh, but all points were credited on BA’s online account instantaneously.

ZW 30 posts

Thank you! Just transferred and got 25% bonus. App didn’t refresh, but all points were credited on BA’s online account instantaneously.

Showing in app after 5 mins.

sm 178 posts

Yes I checked on my online account too and still same 😩

sm 178 posts

Great stuff. Thanks. Did a test transaction of 100 Avios and got the 25 bonus Avios. Almost instantly in my BAEC.

Then cleared out the rest of my balance to get 48,000 Avios. Checking my account 2 hours later only received the bonus 12,000 but not the 48,000 🤷🏻‍♀️ Very strange…..

Just to let you know the missing Avios credited into my account this morning!

mark.z 22 posts

Thank you for sharing.
    I’ve 80k points though never transferred before. Any idea why HSBC keep cancelling my points transfer requests. It goes through the step of me entering BA ID and completing the transaction then refunds without email or reason?

Thank you

polly 289 posts

If they don’t publicise it, they don’t have to allocate the extra 25%. Is it BA or hsbc who pay tho?
    It used to come and go, even during the promos also, which was really weird. Think only one time, did we actually see a real banner with an expiry date years ago, might even have only been on their first transfer bonus promo…

Mick S 271 posts

Worked fine for the two transactions I’ve just done. Posted immediately.

just hope my 2nd year anniversary bonus is sorted along with all the recent transactions before the offer closes.

polly 289 posts

Mick,

They also removed my 2nd year bonus. Have asked for it to be reinstated, so let’s see.

Mick S 271 posts

Polly, its unlikely it was the 2nd year bonus if it was in the last couple of weeks or so. It will be the remediation of the points which were posted in error.

the 2nd year bonus (according to the person I spoke to last week) can take anything upto 60 days from anniversary date to be posted.

polly 289 posts

Mick, mine were due in June, so was chasing them. Manager got them posted for me early August .. and even gave me an extra 20K compo for inconvenience. Have spoken to them since this removal, seems like they did get caught up in the general remediation.
    More worrying is l can’t scroll back to the beginning of this new system to track points awarded. Loads missing, as mentioned above. There are many issues with this new reward platform. That manager o was dealing with, had to hang on the phone 45 mins to talk to a platform agent to get my points re added. In the past they were just able to apply them directly themselves. She said they felt their customer service has declined as a result.
    Let’s see how this can be resolved.

Mick S 271 posts

another damn sh*t show by the sounds of it.

points_worrier 294 posts

another damn sh*t show by the sounds of it.

Hsbc quality of service is generally poor, and I have had many issues. However on putting a complaint in each time, 2-4 weeks later they *always* resolve the issue and compensate very generously.

So just put a complaint in and ignore it until they get in contact.

Luca M 391 posts

Just done my transfer and 25% bonus awarded

Mexd 10 posts

Same here, did the lot while the sun shines 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.