Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards The British Airways Prepaid Mastercard thread

• the_real_a 9 posts

I know a few people had issues getting SMS for PIN reminders and online payments (2FA). Apparently they pulled over the home phone from the exec club to PFS instead of the mobile number for some accounts. The customer service line fixed the problem instantly, and surprisingly got to speak to a human within 5 minutes of being on calling.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    pbcold 348 posts

I`m sorry to read that people are frustrated by this card but my experience has been seamless and perfect. I am able to use most routes that interest me although a cheap purchase from Durham Station incurred an additional charge so I shall not be travelling there again.

JDB 4,379 posts

I`m sorry to read that people are frustrated by this card but my experience has been seamless and perfect. I am able to use most routes that interest me although a cheap purchase from Durham Station incurred an additional charge so I shall not be travelling there again.

Paddington bears better results.

Mikeact 231 posts

I would have been happy to add to an existing thread but gave up searching.

How on earth do you get hold of your Pin ?
    I’ve had nothing despite hitting the App for an SMS message, many times.

Thanks

AJA 1,071 posts

There is a thread here:

https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/that-british-airways-prepaid-mastercard/

It seems you should apparently receive the PUN by text which I find odd.

There is also a telephone number in the thread.

I have yet to apply for the card and reading the thread I’m not sure it is worth the hassle for a mere 3k Avios.

LeeH 25 posts

It’s likely your landline number has been pulled across instead of your mobile. Give them a call and they’ll sort it for you. I (and many others) had this same problem.

rahaney 44 posts

I’ve tried funding this card through all combinations with Curve Metal – all incur a fee, interest or both. Makes no sense to fund straight of a debit when compared to other cc options out there. Unless someone else has found a way (rahaney at gmail com – cheers!) it isn’t worth it imo and I’ll bin when the bonus is posted…

Bluebirdnick 28 posts

Got mine set up now but not looking forward to using it! Two things:

1) the article said that compatibility with GPay was coming. It looks like it’s here – I’ve added mine to Wallet
    2) i had trouble working out how to top up the card. In the end I had to close down the app and reload it and then the options to top it up made themselves apparent.

dst87 264 posts

Anyone hit the £500 target for this card yet? I did yesterday (£500.01 spent, clearing out the balance) and I’m wondering how long it takes for the 3,000 Avios to be credited.

mzb 64 posts

I’ve tried funding this card through all combinations with Curve Metal – all incur a fee, interest or both. Makes no sense to fund straight of a debit when compared to other cc options out there. Unless someone else has found a way (rahaney at gmail com – cheers!) it isn’t worth it imo and I’ll bin when the bonus is posted…

Any luck getting those fees refunded by going back in time? Barclays charged me £15 cash advance as I stupidly didn’t think of testing on a small amount.

FF101 14 posts

Can anyone confirm how easy it is to cancel the card after hitting the £500 spend for the bonus?

rahaney 44 posts

Any luck getting those fees refunded by going back in time? Barclays charged me £15 cash advance as I stupidly didn’t think of testing on a small amount.

Not a chance from anyone I’m afraid. No one even acknowledges the issue as it only arises wrt curve fronted/metal.

chrism20 89 posts

Anyone hit the £500 target for this card yet? I did yesterday (£500.01 spent, clearing out the balance) and I’m wondering how long it takes for the 3,000 Avios to be credited.

I activated my card on 13th May and hit the £500 about a month ago. The bonus points (1500 in my case) have still not landed so it’s looking like its on the three month anniversary.

Only a few days now to see if it lands as expected, will post as soon as it does.

FF101 14 posts

Can anyone confirm how easy it is to cancel the card after hitting the £500 spend for the bonus?

Bump

whuaremassive 42 posts

Not sure anyones cancelled yet.
    Have to wait 90/120 days for both bonus to hit so will be November time

mistermexican 5 posts

Is anyone else having trouble applying? Whenever it gets to the section about scanning documents it just crashes.

Swalwell 5 posts

Is anyone else having trouble applying? Whenever it gets to the section about scanning documents it just crashes.

Yes. I get the message “Sorry something went wrong”. Have tried on various handsets, both Android & iOS, but the error persists. Customer services have not been any help.

Elle55e 4 posts

Has anyone found a way around this error please?

Yes. I get the message “Sorry something went wrong”. Have tried on various handsets, both Android & iOS, but the error persists. Customer services have not been any help.

roger 232 posts

What are folks doing when hit with 5% fees?

Roberto 281 posts

What are folks doing when hit with 5% fees?

Wipes mouth , moves on…..

rogerj 10 posts

Is there any indication / confirmation when the £500 limit has been reached? I think I’ve spent £510 but want to ensure it is all thought of as qualifying spend

FFoxSake 217 posts

Applied for the card 27/7, approved within minutes.
    No sign of the card yet. Is this typical?

Stu 38 posts

I hit the £500 qualifying spend over a week ago; I’ve had the Avios for the individual transactions, but no sign of the 1500 target spend Avios. I know the HFP bonus comes after 3 months but how long does it take for the underlying 1500 Avios per the original offer take to post please?

Alex G 435 posts

As per the terms and conditions which you should have read when you applied for the card;

“For the British Airways Prepaid Mastercard, 1,500 Avios welcome bonus will be awarded to your BAEC account if you have held your Card for 90 days and have spent a minimum of either £500, $500 or €500 in any one currency within 90 days of activating your Card.”

roger 232 posts

I received 1500 avios for the card after more than 90 days

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.