Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Using Avios with other (non BA) airlines

• Swiss Jim 48 posts

Extraordinarily stupid question, from someone who should know better.
    What’s the simplest way of checking Avios availability for non-BA routes?
    I’m looking to fly somewhere into Far East, stay a few days, then fly on to Melbourne.
    The somewhere is not that important – I know there are options.
    I’d prefer not to have to hop onto the phone given how long that might take…
    Thanks

Richie 992 posts

Try one ways through your Exec Club account on ba.com using the three letter airport codes.

jimchef. 19 posts

Another tip is to break the journey down within BAEC into individual legs, so for example to get to Kuala Lumper search LON-DOH single then DOH-KUL single to piece something together. With partner awards the BA search engine will sometimes not find all possible connecting award flights.

I find doing a dummy search on kayak as a one way way and filtering it on One World airlines will also give you a pretty good idea of all the routings possible between city pairs. So for example London To Kuala Lumper, Kayak will show via Doha on Qatar, Direct with Malaysia air, Via Hong Kong with cathay etc etc,

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Skyscanner lets you search for cash flights by airline alliance. Do this and it gives you potential routings. You can then plug them – leg by leg – into ba.com and see what comes out.

Remember that the Multi Partner Chart is FAB for this because you can mix airlines and save Avios – https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/07/05/how-to-get-fly-to-australia-with-avios/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.