Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Virgin Atlantic Virgin Cash Advance fees about to be applied?

• MattB 261 posts

I never got any comms to say they were capping the earn rate to your credit limit years ago.

MattB 261 posts

Purchased £100 of PB via metal on 21st June, confirmed as a purchase on my statement generated this morning.

laughingplace 28 posts

anyone seen fees hit yet?

Rui N. 831 posts

So far, so good. (Knocks on wood.)

MattB 261 posts

Did another £150 earlier this week, got going to put £10k through when the metal limit resets tomorrow

mkcol 56 posts

Any knowledge if a Monese top-up attracts the fees whether

A: done directly with the Virgin credit card
    B: Curve fronted?

I’d expect fees for A, unsure about B.

laughingplace 28 posts

shouldn’t make a difference whether A or B as Curve passes the MCC of the transaction through so it will be categorised the same on Virgin’s side. Historically I’ve topped up Monese with Virgin via Curve without fees.

SteveJ 979 posts

Any knowledge if a Monese top-up attracts the fees whether

A: done directly with the Virgin credit card
    B: Curve fronted?

I’d expect fees for A, unsure about B.

Monese only accept Debit Card,so A is not an option.

RobL 72 posts

London Calling.

‘Reports of bird droppings in the vicinity of Pristine Crescent.’

‘The Hairy Vicar remained open yesterday.’

End of Message.

thehornets 18 posts

When do the additional fees appear? Are they at the same time as the transaction or when the monthly bill is generated?

Thanks!

RobL 72 posts

Should appear in the app once the transaction is processed. Circa 3 days lag.

Nath4n 67 posts

Anyone been hit by any new fees yet? Might be useful to compile a list of MCC codes that these new fees apply to.

Thegasman 203 posts

Anyone been hit by any new fees yet? Might be useful to compile a list of MCC codes that these new fees apply to.

The nondescript HMG services I procured on Wednesday looking very expensive for me this morning. Tuesday was a happier day. Wonder if the DeLorean will allow me to escape?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    RobL 72 posts

The nondescript HMG services I procured on Wednesday looking very expensive for me this morning. Tuesday was a happier day. Wonder if the DeLorean will allow me to escape?

That is bad news. Was it a payment to the RC dept?

Alex 46 posts

My payment to RC dept on Monday did not attract fees. In 3 days I have my monthly statement so looking forward…

Thegasman 203 posts

That is bad news. Was it a payment to the RC dept?

My Dear Sister in Pimlico

AmaD 18 posts

cash advance fees for paying CR card

thehornets 18 posts

Should appear in the app once the transaction is processed. Circa 3 days lag.

Thankyou!
    (Although I am perplexed about what RC is and what Pimlico has to do with it)

ms 69 posts

Just been hit by the fee. £100💀 I didn’t know about the changes!

Alex 46 posts

Just been hit by the fee. £100💀 I didn’t know about the changes!

Fee for what?

ms 69 posts

Cash Advance fee. Curve is no more.

CarpalTravel 363 posts

But for what type of curve use?

slidey 287 posts

Did the charge appear as soon as the transaction was made, after the transaction had posted or at the point that the statement was generated.

Harrier25 852 posts

God, the suspense is killing me!

whuaremassive 42 posts

Not Virgin but I got hit today with an interest fee on my MBNA horizon today upon statement generation. It was good whilst it lasted

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.