Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Virgin Atlantic Virgin Cash Advance fees about to be applied?

• Alex 46 posts

Interesting that there are no fees with £200/month Curve ATM withdrawals. Surely they have some internal way to avoid this gets passed through to the underlying card as the cash transaction.

Sshhhh! Please….. Comments like yours don’t help in keeping opportunities open.

I admit having tried everything I could I think of I’ve lost all opportunities so paid Curve cancelled. Happy to hear you still have them if you do!

Gary 293 posts

Received the exact same email from Virgin CC again on 15 Oct 22 (the last one was on 13 Jun 22). Did anyone else get it as well?

“The changes we were making to Cash Advance fees didn’t happen at that time [5 Aug 2021], and they will now be live from this month……”

Ash 621 posts

To summarise as of Oct 17 2022

Virgin will charge for

1. Paying off other CC’s using Curve
    2. Paying NS&I using Curve
    3. ATM withdraws over £200 using Curve
    4. Using GBIT for no1+2 above, with Curve

Normal Virgin CC with Curve are ok and wont be charged.

Anyone know if Virgin will charge for overseas FX ATM withdraws using Curve?

Correct? Have I missed anything?

Anyone able to summarise Revolut/Virgin?

Harrier25 849 posts

Revolut banned credit card top-ups in July. You can still use debit cards though.

So you can still withdraw £200 monthly from a cashpoint using Curve with Virgin’s blessing?

Ash 621 posts

Forgot-

5. Virgin/curve with HMRC still ok? Just the usual 0.1% fee

SD 3 posts

Virgin, when using Curve now also charge a 5% fee for paying Pensions with Nest too.

MilesOnPoint 80 posts

Has anyone had any joy with curve/Virgin and HMRC recently?

BLT 52 posts

No problems for me paying HMRC with curve/ virgin this month.

thelargeguy 1 post

To summarise as of Oct 17 2022

WHY WILL VIRGIN CHARGE FOR ATM WITHDRAWALS OVER £200 – I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE THREAD AND THERE IS ONLY ONE INSTANCE OF VIRGIN STILL CHARGING FOR CASH WITHDRAWALS USED AS UNDERLYING CARD ON CURVE – THE £200 LIMIT IS A CURVE ONE FOR THE BASIC CARD AND NOT APPLIED BY VIRGIN – LET ME KNOW IF OTHERS AGREE

Virgin will charge for

1. Paying off other CC’s using Curve
    2. Paying NS&I using Curve
    3. ATM withdraws over £200 using Curve
    4. Using GBIT for no1+2 above, with Curve

Normal Virgin CC with Curve are ok and wont be charged.

Anyone know if Virgin will charge for overseas FX ATM withdraws using Curve?

Correct? Have I missed anything?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.