Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Virgin Voyages Master Thread (do NOT post referral codes – use other thread)

• samgwaters11 20 posts

I am absolutely buzzing. Been waiting 6 months for this!!! Come on! Got another 80k points spare but not sure my girlfriend can get the holiday for a second trip

jj 517 posts

Reward flight availability or decent cash flight prices look a bit scarce for matching dates to BCN and ATH given the short notice……anyone found anything?

You just need to be creative. Use nearby places with good public transport connections like Madrid, Valencia or the Balearics for Barcelona, or Santorini or Mykonos for Athens. You can open-jaw the trip or spend a few days either side in your arrival/departure city. Connect via ferry and the extra journey will be a pleasure.

It’s a massive bargain, but I’ve decided it’s not for me even though I’ve never yet been on a cruise and need to try one some time. Looking at the website, I am the polar opposite of Virgin’s target demographic, and the descriptions of the on-board activities wants to make my flesh creep.

nectar collector 281 posts

Reward flight availability or decent cash flight prices look a bit scarce for matching dates to BCN and ATH given the short notice……anyone found anything?

You just need to be creative. Use nearby places with good public transport connections like Madrid, Valencia or the Balearics for Barcelona, or Santorini or Mykonos for Athens. You can open-jaw the trip or spend a few days either side in your arrival/departure city. Connect via ferry and the extra journey will be a pleasure.

It’s a massive bargain, but I’ve decided it’s not for me even though I’ve never yet been on a cruise and need to try one some time. Looking at the website, I am the polar opposite of Virgin’s target demographic, and the descriptions of the on-board activities wants to make my flesh creep.

Thanks for the suggestions – will get my creative hat on! Have to say we are not the Virgin Voyages ‘target demographic’ either but took the plunge and went on one of last years points cruises and loved it. Total freedom to do your own thing , whatever your age and interests.

markdhayes 57 posts

Yep I’ve been waiting on this for a while! 80k too I was convinced they’d ask for more. Same boat as you there’s no good Avios flight options (understandably) the best option seems sky express but I’ve never flown them before and the reviews are mixed.

jj 517 posts

@markdhayes, I flew Sky Express for a short trip between Athens and one of the islands last year. Great experience: we had lounge access, cabin baggage and hold luggage all included in our economy fare, and service was faultless. The aircraft looked like it was held together with string and duct tape, though.

But it was a very short flight. Experience from the UK might be very different.

S136 8 posts

If anyone has booked for 25th June French Daze and fancy a free bottle of Moet, let’s link our bookings together 😉

samgwaters11 20 posts

Does anyone know how long it takes for the access key to arrive? Cant wait to get booked on!

As for flights ours are looking around £350 when we go, hoping they will drop as were £170 12 days ago, but will bite the bullet if needed.

We are looking at greek island glow 30th july-6th august, so let me know if anyone is going to be on that one!

jamesv92 16 posts

Worth mentioning that on the Greek Glow for instance the last 2 days are in Mykonos so you could fly back on one of those days if not bothered by the return to Athens. It’s obviously a shame to miss a night of voyage but it’s a chilled process when the whole ship isn’t debarking at the same time! May increase your flight options on the return..

charles 15 posts

Does anyone know how long it takes for the access key to arrive? Cant wait to get booked on!

As for flights ours are looking around £350 when we go, hoping they will drop as were £170 12 days ago, but will bite the bullet if needed.

We are looking at greek island glow 30th july-6th august, so let me know if anyone is going to be on that one!

Yes I think I will book this one! Do you have a referral link?

samgwaters11 20 posts

Yes I think I will book this one! Do you have a referral link?

I will do soon, once i have received my virgin red code and booked on i will post the link here!

markdhayes 57 posts

Code arrived and booked! Wonder if they’ll do status match to MSC gold for this booking, probably not but worth an ask

Mart16 48 posts

Code arrived and booked! Wonder if they’ll do status match to MSC gold for this booking, probably not but worth an ask

How long between booking and getting key?

spawn606 47 posts

Just booked (: anyone know where I can find my referral link?

mrcrsearle 99 posts

Such a good deal. Virgin offer these cruises really cheaply to the travel industry. I know people who work for TUI £200 Med cruise & Dialaflight £400 Greek Glow. Book 9 months in advance too.
    Im not sure how they are making any money.
    If Greek Glow comes back September I might jump on it.

jamesv92 16 posts

Interested to know how long it’s been taking from redeeming to receiving the access key today?

markdhayes 57 posts

Mine was about 24h between redeeming and getting the code.

FlyingChris 9 posts

Does anyone have a referral code for The Irresistible Med – 30th July sailing?

Looking at the MSC Status match approach. Looks like Hilton Gold might be a possible match with MSC Gold, and MSC Gold appears to be valid for Deep Blue Extras status match, does that sound right?

Bervios 34 posts

Chris , I’m looking to book this, will share code as soon as I receive the access key)

FlyingChris 9 posts

Chris , I’m looking to book this, will share code as soon as I receive the access key)

Thanks!

Mart16 48 posts

Is it possible to use the referral link after booking? Looking at 16 July from Athens

spawn606 47 posts

Has anyone done the status match? Do you know if the perks etc are per cabin or per person?

i.e. if I and my SO do a status match individually, do we get 2x the bar credit etc for each match?

Thanks

Travel Strong 254 posts

Is it possible to use the referral link after booking? Looking at 16 July from Athens

You pretty much *had* to link after booking last year, and it was no problem via the chat in the app. After a while $50 each in on-board credit became the standard for ‘Access Key’ bookings. Worth a shot!

I’m also looking at the 16th July if you want to link them (last year you could also link multiple times up to a fixed amount of credit).

Email me at hfp.travelstrong@gmail.com if wanting to link a 16th July booking (from Athens).

stevenhp1987 330 posts

Has anyone done the status match? Do you know if the perks etc are per cabin or per person?

i.e. if I and my SO do a status match individually, do we get 2x the bar credit etc for each match?

Thanks

1 set of perks per cabin. 1 person has premium wifi but the other does not for example.

Both me and my wife matched from MSC (having matched from IHG and Hilton – we did have an upcoming MSC booking though) and have sailed twice with Deep Blue Extras.

kevin 11 posts

Thanks

1 set of perks per cabin. 1 person has premium wifi but the other does not for example.

Both me and my wife matched from MSC (having matched from IHG and Hilton – we did have an upcoming MSC booking though) and have sailed twice with Deep Blue Extras.

Do deep blue extras gained from status matches apply to access key bookings?

stevenhp1987 330 posts

Thanks

Do deep blue extras gained from status matches apply to access key bookings?

Has on my last 2 sailings – all booked with access keys on VS points.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.