Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Virgin Voyages Master Thread (do NOT post referral codes – use other thread)

• Travel Strong 258 posts

Do deep blue extras gained from status matches apply to access key bookings?

They did last year, and no reason to expect not. People on access key bookings were heading to sailor services and getting the match whilst on the boat, and returning with the deep blue wristband.

samgwaters11 20 posts

Am I right to assume as a points booking the 600usd bar tab will be removed before the cruise? It’s currently showing up in my account

Bervios 34 posts

Shhhhhhhhhhh😉

tuffpuffuk 3 posts

In the first post it states that to transfer Amex points we need to phone rather than do it online. Is there any particular reason for this?

GE90 12 posts

I redeemed early Friday morning but still don’t have my access key. Has anyone that redeemed on Friday received theirs?

Travel Strong 258 posts

In the first post it states that to transfer Amex points we need to phone rather than do it online. Is there any particular reason for this?

Hi @tuffpuffuk
    For unknown reasons, the *first* transfer you do from an Amex MR account to Virgin fails to go through if you try and do it yourself online. The points will go from Amex and not appear in Virgin… until you call Amex to fix it!

Save this hassle by calling them to do the transfer in the first place.

After you have done one transfer however, future online/self-service transfers are trouble free and instant.

Note: I did notice that Amex have added a new transfer partner option alongside the Virgin Flying Club option with the additional words ‘Real Time UK’
    … feel free to be the guinea pig for testing if that solves the issue without calling! Not mentioned on hfp yet so who knows 🙂

Bobibo 4 posts

Fyi, I was told that your Amex account and Virgin atlantic account email should be same. It’s easy to change the email on the Virgin Atlantic. website.

Still, My Amex > Virgin transfer request online failed with error. On Amex online chat, I asked if I should use “Virgin Real Time UK” option. They told me not to use it, and they’ve done the transfer for me manually. 30 mins later it was in my Virgin account.

Bervios 34 posts

I redeemed early Friday morning but still don’t have my access key. Has anyone that redeemed on Friday received theirs?

No, also still waiting. Frustrating

tuffpuffuk 3 posts

Fyi, I was told that your Amex account and Virgin atlantic account email should be same. It’s easy to change the email on the Virgin Atlantic. website.

Still, My Amex > Virgin transfer request online failed with error. On Amex online chat, I asked if I should use “Virgin Real Time UK” option. They told me not to use it, and they’ve done the transfer for me manually. 30 mins later it was in my Virgin account.

Hi @tuffpuffuk
    For unknown reasons, the *first* transfer you do from an Amex MR account to Virgin fails to go through if you try and do it yourself online. The points will go from Amex and not appear in Virgin… until you call Amex to fix it!

Save this hassle by calling them to do the transfer in the first place.

After you have done one transfer however, future online/self-service transfers are trouble free and instant.

Note: I did notice that Amex have added a new transfer partner option alongside the Virgin Flying Club option with the additional words ‘Real Time UK’
    … feel free to be the guinea pig for testing if that solves the issue without calling! Not mentioned on hfp yet so who knows 🙂

Update: we decided to risk just transferring the points straight from Amex to Virgin and they were credited immediately. I don’t think i have ever transferred to Virgin before. Now just waiting for the access key…….

Dragonlady 35 posts

Anyone any thoughts on the bid for upgrade offer ? Dithering about making a cheekyish (ie not much more than minimum) offer for a suite but not sure if it’s really worth it 🤔?

Philondon 275 posts

What exactly is the referring bookings?

From what I have read above it includes a bottle of bubbly? Any other benefits?

Do names and cabin numbers get shared automatically?

Peeps 25 posts

Hi, I’m not absolutely sure because I didn’t bother last time but I think that you are supposed to do your booking through the link. However, some people report that it can be done after booking by ‘chat’.

Travel Strong 258 posts

What exactly is the referring bookings?

From what I have read above it includes a bottle of bubbly? Any other benefits?

Do names and cabin numbers get shared automatically?

These were the terms in force last time: https://www.trade-voyagestore.com/sail-with-friends-programme-tcs/

(Yes, it says not applicable for Access Code bookings – in practice different agents applied the rules differences)

In short – you do have to share names, but you do NOT see each others info such as cabin numbers.

Until I get my access code and can finalise a booking, I can’t confirm what is showing in the app ($50 still seems to be broadly publicized, cant see anything about the bottle of champagne yet)

jamesv92 16 posts

Just got my booking confirmed thankfully and immediately sent the link to upgrade which I wasn’t expecting so soon!

Philondon 275 posts

Anyone any thoughts on the bid for upgrade offer ? Dithering about making a cheekyish (ie not much more than minimum) offer for a suite but not sure if it’s really worth it 🤔?

What are the details? What’s the minimum amount you can bid?

Dragonlady 35 posts

What are the details? What’s the minimum amount you can bid?

£1095 minimum upgrade bid for Seriously Suite (entry level suite). Higher level suites priced accordingly so. Dither, dither……significant other says not to bother …

samgwaters11 20 posts

Hi, I’m not absolutely sure because I didn’t bother last time but I think that you are supposed to do your booking through the link. However, some people report that it can be done after booking by ‘chat’.

Think we need each others names to do it, and possibly booking ref, altho im sure the referral link is probably enough, not sure if you wanna email me so that we can sort it?

ryaneberry 50 posts

Looks as though no one else is on 9th 16th July sailing 🙁 if anyone is, give me a shout and we’ll link the bookings

Dragonlady 35 posts

Looks as though no one else is on 9th 16th July sailing 🙁 if anyone is, give me a shout and we’ll link the bookings

Looks like I’m in the same boat ( no pun intended 🤣🤣) for the 2nd to the 9th July on the Adriatic Sea and Greek Gems. If anyone does book the same itinerary give me a nudge 🙂

jamesv92 16 posts

I’m on 9th-16rh Greek sailing if that’s what you mean?

markjerrom 5 posts

I redeemed my points on Saturday am but still haven’t received my Access Key yet … is it because it’s over the weekend, and being a bank holiday today it’s probably not going to arrive until tomorrow? Surely this is an automated process?

My wife is worried it’ll all be sold out or we won’t be able to get flights by the time it does arrive 🙁

Voyager 1 post

Successfully booked the Green Island Glow leaving on 30th July!

Thanks for the champers to the person who generously posted their link on here earlier. 🙂 (I’ll have mine ready if needed)

I’m debating a suite bid – has anyone tried out Richards’ Rooftop previously? Is it really much quieter than the rest of the ship + does it include drinks and nibbles like a proper lounge?

Cheers

Philondon 275 posts

Once we get the code does anyone know if we have to create an account with Virgin Voyages with the same email address as the Virgin Red account?

kai 77 posts

Just got my code. Does anyone know the book-by date?

I want to travel in July but not certain about my availability. Ideally I want to book as late as possible.

stevenhp1987 331 posts

We’re on that one… For cash.

My online refer a friend mentions nothing of free champagne… Odd! I wonder why they’re not actively advertising this to cash bookings…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.