Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Win 10,000 Clubcard points (24,000 Avios) for watching TV!

Clubcard TV was launched last year as a spin-off of the Blinkbox business acquired by Tesco.

It is a totally free service.  You don’t need to sign up or subscribe, all you need is an active Tesco Clubcard number and a decent wi-fi connection.

Clubcard TV

Tesco isn’t paying for original content, but there is some decent stuff to be watched.  At the time of writing, there is some Jeremy Brett-era Sherlock Holmes, Cracker, Doc Martin and the BBC’s Little Dorrit adaptation.  Films include The Shawshank Redemption and, erm, quite a few I’ve never heard of.

Until February 28th, you receive one entry into a prize draw for every programme you watch.  Five winners will each win 10,000 Clubcard points, which would convert into a very handy 24,000 Avios or 25,000 Virgin Flying Club miles.

You can find out more about Clubcard TV here.

Comments (21)

• Adey says:

Thanks,

Just started watching my first of 20 episodes of ‘Toby’s Travelling Circus’ (20 is the max number of entries). TTC, at a quick glance, appears to be amongst the shortest of programmes (in case one’s entry isn’t activated until the end of the show) at ~10mins.

Adey

• erico1875 says:

Timing, Raffles 🙂
    Site is down for maintanancs untill 13.30

Lack of compatability with a lot of devices stops it being a decent alternative to Netflix or Lovefilm.
    Apple, Kindle and smart phones are not supported yet. ANdroid tablets are. However the Club Card TV app thinks my Android Tablet is a phone so although I can browse whats on, I can’t watch anything

• Frenske says:

It would be bad show if the would not make their own services available on their own tablet.

• Adey says:

Working fine for me all morning, since my post 06:09 at least. (Using a laptop).

Adey

• Bruceylegs says:

“Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 Exclusive Content” – 1 minute each, 6 episodes

• John says:

Do you have to click something to prove you’re still watching? Why does it matter how long the programme lasts?

• Adey says:

I wasn’t sure if the silverlight viewer (i.e. the video) was signalling back your viewing actions (e.g. if you don’t watch all the way to the end that could be passed back to clubcardtv).

Sneaky if so, but I didn’t think it worth the risk, not that I have any reason to believe it is happening, just being cautious!

Adey

• jeff says:

not compatible with my Galaxy Tab 3

• Alex says:

I remember Binkbox from back in my student days since I helped Beta test the thing. Was vastly different then. It’s main aim back then was the sending of 30 second clips from films to people. A cinematic greeting card as it where!

• Halo says:

It’s been down since 9:30 or so – supposed to be back at 1:30 but still down as at 18:44.

• chris says:

was up by 6:40pm, when i read this and started doing it anyways,

maybe your on a tablet or something else it wont work on, (using a laptop here)

• Halo says:

Thanks. I was using a Macbook Pro. I saw this morning that it wasn’t iPad compatible. Nor does it work on Chrome browsers. It appears not to work on Safari either, as I am still getting the Help Desk screen on Safari (despite refreshing, and closing and reopening browser etc). I finally got it to work (badly) on Firefox. It really is a pants website but I hope my entries have registered.

• chris says:

yes it does seem like the website is a little Ssh..

if you go to your account page / watched tab it shows you what you have watched (i’m guessing as long as 20 shows are on that “watched” page your entered 20 times)

• Bubbles says:

Just to make it quicker for you all these are the 20 shortest episodes I have managed to find:

Pib & Pog 5 episodes – 4 of 1 mins each, 1 of 2 mins
    Kids on Christmas 1 episode of 2 mins
    Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 Exclusive Content 6 episodes – 4 of 1 min each, 1 of 4 mins, 1 of 7 mins
    Wallace & Gromit 10 episodes of 2 mins each