Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

New Amex offers: £25 off £100 at Eurostar and £25 off £50 at Argos (buy gift cards!)

On Saturday I ran through the latest run of American Express cardholder offers – including a generous £50 cashback on a £500 Apple purchase – and surmised that this would be it for the year.

I was wrong.  A very generous offer with Argos turned up yesterday.

You can find the offer on the cardmemberoffers.co.uk website under ‘Shopping’.  If you go via this route you will need to register via the Foursquare smartphone app.  Alternatively, you may find it on your American Express online account on the statement pages of one of your cards.

You will receive £25 cashback when you spend £50 at Argos before 31st December.

Only 20,000 registrations are available.  I recommend registering all of your American Express cards sooner rather than later as this target is likely to be hit.  Head for Points readers are likely to take 2,000 or so.

What should you buy at Argos?  Gift cards!  Most Argos shops stock a range of gift cards for other retailers.  Some even stock the £53.95 Visa gift cards which come with a £50 Visa credit you can pay into a bank account, to HMRC, to a utility etc.

Note that this is an ‘in-store only’ offer.  Transactions on the Argos website will not count unless they are ‘click and collect’ and you pay in-store.

You can only register one American Express card per Foursquare account.  If you open multiple Foursquare accounts, each requires a different email address.

Eurostar 6

Meanwhile, a new Eurostar offer is about to launch.  It does not yet show up online but you can register by clicking here.

The deal is worth £25 cashback on a £100 Eurostar sale (either online or at a Eurostar ticket office in the UK) before the end of January.  There is no limit to the number of people who can register for this.

Eurostar no longer sells gift vouchers online.  You can buy paper vouchers via the phone but this could well be run by a third party and not trigger the cashback.  Your best option to maximise the bonus is to break down a trip into chunks of £100, potentially booking each passenger separately.  As you can select seats after booking there is no risk of your party being split up.

(Thanks to Tim for Eurostar)

Comments (188)

• PJK says:

Hmmm, does anyone know of a way to identify which Amex is linked to which Foursquare profile 😉 I seem to have miscounted & lost track of which card I missed!

• Lloyd says:

Have tried finally downloaded the Foursquare app so she could make use of the offers and frankly what a dreadful app. So i’ve sync’d the card to the account, now when i try to search for stores I can see a list, click on them and thats it, no option to add anything, nothing. It seems to be assumed that I just know what to do!

• Andrew S says:

It is dreadful… if even the most engaged IT literate people with the support of this forum find it completely confusing with this syncing malarky, what hope do they have with mr casual user. You cannot even view a sync’d card from within the app…

• Luke says:

My Argos has absolutely stacks of the £50 Visa Gift Card. I was out of the country when the whole 3V panic buying was on and I thought that this was now something that was ‘good while it lasted’. What is the current word on buying these for payment into a bank acc? I can only find outdated info on FT.

• Simon says:

A belated thanks for this, been away for a couple of weeks, I was midway through registering 7 of my cards on 4SQ for this promo before it reached 20,000. If I’d been quicker instead of going through my holiday post I would have been able to get the final 3 registered!

OT – have you changed the times the stories post each morning?

• Mark says:

Is it possible to see what 4Sq offers are loaded to your card? I thought I’d added the deal to my MBNA diamond club card on Tuesday but now when I log in to 4Sq I can no longer see the Argos offer (presumably because it’s hit the 20,000 limit). Just want to make sure it’s added to all my cards before making the trip to Argos.

• pazza2000 says:

I loaded the Argos offer via 4SQ on Wednesday however the offer now appears to have disappeared within 4SQ (looks like the 4SQ app has changed slightly also). Would you envision I would have any problems?

• Alan says:

Has anyone tried buying gift cards via Argos online using a registered Amex card?

• M says:

Used it today. The pending transaction shows as ARGOS DISTRIBUTORS
    and not Argos. Would that be ok?