BA sale

British Airways Club World to North America from Dublin from £785ish (AA from £732!)

EDIT, 20th December: The Hawaii fare quoted this in this article now appear to be gone with the cheapest fare being around £400 more expensive – although still a good deal!

British Airways launched its Winter sale yesterday.  This is valid in all classes for departures from the UK, for bookings until 2nd February.

I am currently looking through the various prices and will have a full article tomorrow.

In the meantime, I want to draw your attention to some amazing Club World fares to North America which have been loaded out of Dublin.

British Airways 350 2

These are only valid for travel over the key holiday periods:

Book by 2nd February 2016

Fly outbound between 19th March and 18th April 2016

or

Fly outbound between 1st July and 31st August 2016

These are some of the prices available:

Dublin to New York – €1,009 (£732) on American direct (a little more on BA via London).  Expedia can route this via Philadelphia on AA for extra tier points.  The screenshot below shows a €1,009 itinerary:

rsz_dub

Dublin to Miami – €1,057 (£767) on AA with a US connection (a little more on BA via London)

Dublin to San Francisco – €1,236 (£897) on AA with a US connection (a little more on BA via London)

Dublin to Chicago – €1,135 (£823) on AA direct (a little more on BA via London)

Dublin to Honolulu (Kahului, Kona also available) – €1,302 (£945) on BA / AA (more creative routings for extra tier points may be available if booked on aa.com)

Other destinations are also available.  There are also some good First Class fares for prices you would usually expect to pay for Club World.

The Honolulu price is especially interesting and could lead to a substantial tier point haul with the right routing.  This article shows how reader Ian got 1,390 tier points for a return business class trip to Hawaii.  For well under £1,000, you can fly to Hawaii and get yourself to within touching distance of British Airways Gold.

If these prices look interesting I suggest clicking through to ba.com and having a look around.  It is also worth searching via Expedia or aa.com as this is more likely to show you odd routing options to maximise tier points.

Remember that you MUST take the first flight from Dublin.  You cannot hop on the plane at Heathrow and skip the first leg – your flight will have been cancelled by then!  You should also try to take the final flight back to Dublin, especially if you have checked baggage.  British Airways is clamping down on allowing passengers to ticket their bags through to London if their flight is ticketed to Dublin.

Office party tonight? Use our taxi app sign-up codes for a free or cheap ride home
The Government turns the screw even further on your reward credit cards

Hilton India and SEA sale
BA sale

Comments

1. Hi, I’m travelling to the far east in the last two weeks of January and wanted any useful tips/suggestions for where to stay or any local promotion re hotels I should take advantage of. I can’t remember the name of a hotel group or club in Thailand that had particular benefits. I have diamond Hilton and spire ihg status.
    Also, weather wise if we are looking for beach where is best bali or Malaysia. Also thinking to visit Thailand ane Singapore.

• This is probably a bit too uncertain for you to rely on, but the Intercontinental on Koh Samui gave me a huge ambassador upgrade from the cheapest room to a mid-range villa and full status benefits, even though I booked through Hotels.com.

• Thanks Nick, appreciate any tips. I think I found some articles previously posted re the Hilton & Dusit Clubs which have some local benefits but not sure if they really do add up for all the hassle.

• Globetrotter says:

Sorry if pointing out basics: most Asian airlines often have feeder fares – so for example on MH, London to Bali or Langkawi might be the same price or even cheaper than LHR to KUL. Samui, Langkawi, Bali all well serviced by major airlines to get you mileage with mainstream FFPs.

2. sunszajn says:

what happens with the language if on the way back you have to switch airports in London. Does that make it easier to skip the last return leg to Dublin?

• they cannot transfer your bags. so you have to collect the bag in lhr then manually carry those bags to either city or Gatwick.
      its easier because if you happen to miss the flight from city or Gatwick then you will find yourself stuck in London with your bag.

get it?

3. There are EVEN CHEAPER fares end of next year. I booked DUB – MIA for £670 for November. JFK is pretty much the same

4. Hi Folks. Excuse what may seem a basic question but I am fairly new to this world of avios etc.
    I’ve found flights that look good. If I book through the AA website, do I automatically get avios points added to my BAEC or do I need to register with AA? Also, if I book for two of us do I get all of the points for paying the dosh or are they allocated to each person/traveller.
    Thanks for any help – this website is fab…just wish I understood all of the ins and outs! LOL.

• Not booked with AA before, but when I flew with Cathay I was able to go into my flight booking and under the flight options chose my frequent flyer programme and added my BAEC number. I assume AA would have a similar setup.

• You can add a BA number on aa.com during the booking process or after the event.

Points go to the traveller not the booker.

Stick with HFP, give it a few months and you’ll be an expert, don’t worry!

• Peter Taysum says:

Hi there,

I went to HNL this year first time, and am now BA Gold! 🙂 Book on AA but DON’T register an AA account. Then insert you BAEC card against the booking. You’ll then see the booking on BA website. For first on AA you can book your seats straight away.

Enjoy!

5. Thanks, got my Easter booked. £899 for DUB-HNL and 1120TP so gold for another year too.

• Which flights are you doing for that trip? Are you on the 757 from/to DUB?

• Yes, I went through AA.com and chose the DUB-PHL-PHX-HNL routing

• How did you manage to find DUB-PHL-PHX-HNL? I can only seem to find DUB-LHR-LAX-HNL-PNX-PHL-DUB, which would leave me 75TPs off Gold! Hence I’m wanting to do: DUB-PHL-PHX-HNL-PHX-PHL-DUB

• Hi,

please could you provide some example dates for the dub-laxhon-pho-bos-phi-dub route…stuggling to find any permutations with sensible prices (have tried 4 times)

tks a million

• Hiya,

pls could you provide some example dates for the dub-lax-hnl-pho-bos-phi-Dublin. itinerary

want to book this now, but have tried 4 different date combos and no sensible prices found!

tks a million

6. dont forget the LCY-JFK flights dont give 210 tier points any more

7. Based on quality of business class product (esp. seat layout/flatness), if coming back from west coast overnight on AA would you route via JFK (B757), ORD (B767) or PHL (A330) ?

8. What do you think the chances of the 30k avios for £500 promo off happening during this sale?

• It might happen, perhaps as a post Christmas promo. Depends if BA marketing is swtiched on or not, I am pretty sure they didn’t plan to run both together last time.

9. Gblb1030 says:

I’d say nil : )

10. SpeedbirdABZ says:

I’m heading off to Hawaii next week booked on one of these fares earlier in the year with only 24 hour stopovers allowed. BA cancelled the LCY/JFK flight on the day I was due to fly and I was then allowed some flexibility so now staying in New York for two nights en route. Do be prepared for lots of timing changes booking way in advance. This will be my second US trip this year and time changes were happening almost weekly – mostly by AA. Be prepared!

11. Katy storie says:

Thanks so much for this link. I was looking in the sale yesterday in economy and it was still £3k for 2 adults and 2 kids in August to Florida and managed to get £2800 (part paying with 45000 avios) for us all in business class from Dublin to Miami!
    Any advice on how to use avios to get newcastle to Dublin with Aer Lingus for the connecting flights? Got quote via BA phone line and it was 4500 avios per flight but around £65 each way in taxes! Is there any way to get these taxes cheaper?

• No, that’s what it is – which is why Avios redemption short-haul on Aer Lingus are rubbish. You could see if Flybe does anything to Dublin? Remember they have different availability on avios.com and ba.com.

• On the subject of air lingus…. I booked a CW ex-DUB trip that, on my original booking, was on BA metal all the way. Due to schedule changes, I’ve been put on Aer Lingus for the DUB-LON legs. Aer Lingus does not have biz class so I’m in economy now for those legs. Does BA do anything to compensate me for this, and do I now get the lower tier points because the short-haul is an economy leg? Will I still have lounge access at DUB, and will I be allowed to check in two bags? Thanks!

• Ring and complain . Thats the best thing. They will likely offwr you a different connection.

• Thanks, but different connections mean wasting a lot of time at the airport. Whilst I’m one of the few that actually quite likes CE, I am happy enough to fly in economy if it means a better-timed flight. If the outcome is that I get all of my TP/Avios; lounge access & the other benefits of a premium ticket BUT I have to sit in an economy cabin for a short flight, that’s fine; and any form of financial compensation for the downgrade would be welcome. However I won’t be happy if BA give me the lower amounts and just say that I could have flown on worse-timed BA flights.

• a club world ticket on the same day of travel , should get you in to the lounge.
            Dublin lounge isn’t much to write home about mind.
            some small cheeses, cans of guiness and the irish daily mail.
            probably better spending more time in bed. at the airport hotel if you are there the day before.
            Its probably worth calling thm , they will probably offer you the tier points and maybe something for the downgrade.

• I did DUB-LAX a couple on months ago with the DUB LHR leg on The Lingus. You’ll get TPs and they definitely take CW baggage both ways, as you won’t see check-in at LHR in either direction. However, it’s your boarding pass that matters at the lounge and on the way back you’ll need to go to T3 to get your flight. As a result there’s no BA lounge, only Lingus and they won’t let you in. The chap on the door said it wasn’t his problem and BA should have mentioned it.

• Also, we weren’t allowed priority check-in at DUB because your Executive Club status counts for naught with Lingus. Basically, the only thing you get that’s CW in DUB or on the way to DUB is the baggage allowance, and I’m pretty sure they’d deny you that if they could.
            Not clear if any of that will change now that they’re in IAG.