Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Bits: Tesco / Hasbro toy offer, win a share of 1 million Avios with LOVEtheatre

News in brief:

Earn 1,920 Avios with £40 of Hasbro toy spending

Tesco Direct is running a VERY good promotion this weekend in association with toy company Hasbro.

If you spend £40 on any of the products on this list, you will receive 800 bonus Clubcard points.  This is worth 1,920 Avios or 2,000 Virgin Flying Club miles.

With Christmas just around the corner now, you can tick off a few presents on your list whilst also earning a nice pile of miles too!

You can find out more in this Shopper Points article.

The offer closes at midnight on Sunday.  You can check out the toys included here including the bop it! R2-D2 below ……

bop-it-r2d2 bonus clubcard points

1 million Avios give-away with LOVEtheatre

Avios partner LOVEtheatre is running a great competition until the end of this year.

Every booking made by 21st December will be entered into a prize draw of a share of 1 million Avios points.

There are 30 prizes in total:

• 1 x prize of 200,000 Avios
  • 3 x prizes of 100,000 Avios
  • 6 x prizes of 50,000 Avios
  • 20 x prizes of 10,000 Avios

You can find out more about this competition and book tickets on this page of the LOVEtheatre website.

AND

To celebrate Chinese Singles’ Day (yes that’s a thing!) you can save up to 57% if you book your tickets today.

Tickets for The Woman in Black for example are £29.50 instead of £55.60 and tickets for Stomp are £22.50 instead of £67.30.  All Chinese Singles’ Day deals can be found on this page.  You do not need to be Chinese, or single, to take advantage.

Comments (38)

• the real harry says:

anybody tried it?

Your American Express Card just became mobile with Amex Pay for Android™.
    To find out more, and how you can get started through the Amex App visit americanexpress.com/mobile

• Alan says:

No but I sent in a complaint to Amex – what a bloody stupid idea! There’s already Android Pay that works extremely well and that Amex support in the USA – yet for some reason they’ve decided to do their own thing here which means you need to pick between using Android Pay or Amex Pay. Totally bonkers!

• the real harry says:

I don’t get the advantage over just using your card

• Alan says:

Indeed. If it all properly integrated with Android Pay then you could potentially carry fewer cards around and switch which one you used to pay for things, but at present you’d always need a physical card of some sort just in case NFC payment wasn’t available/working.

• Boi says:

OT sorry:
    Anybody know what’s happening with Amex MR to virgin?
    Normally they are instantaneous( I have done it before) but did it this morning, they have left my MR account but still waiting for around 8 hours and not showing in virgin…

• Alan says:

Virgin down for a few days while they rejig things for the new membership numbers so transfers aren’t going through…

• Fenny says:

Damn! My new car holds 43l, but I usually fill up at around 35l. I don’t like part filling it, as it screws the consumption calculations and means it’s harder to know when I need to put fuel in. So I’ll have to fill up at different intervals. And given that I’m changing jobs in 10 days and will be walking the half a mile to work from now on, my petrol spend is going to plummet anyway!

• James67 says:

OT bit: For anybody who fancies a highland break or wants to take a chance on the skiing at Caurngorm, Hilton Coylumbridge has a special anniversary promotion for £50/night B&B in a standard room. There was an option to add 3 course dinner for £16pp (i.e. 30% off) and I believe kids may eat free. Guaranteed room upgrades were from £26/night if you do not want to chance a status upgrade. Hotel reviews are mixed, property appears to be worn and dated but service and restaurant fare better. You need to book this offer directly with the hotel. Since it is not third party hhonors points are earned but unfortunately not the triple points via app or the 5000 visa/app offer. This offer is a saving of at least 50% on typical rates for this hotel.

• Tom says:

Just one more off topic question…

Accor Happy Mondays – what time does the offer start?
    I.e. Is it midnight Sunday, or a specific time on Monday morning?

Now that they offer rooms for the next 2 weekends, has anyone noticed if availability is better if you book 2 weeks in advance, or do they release more rooms the closer you get?

Thanks
    Tom

• JP says:

Midnight Sunday, and availability can be different at 1 week/2 weeks out. I tend to find it is better and more choice at 1 week out. I guess for obvious reason that the hotel at 2 weeks out is less sure how many spare rooms they will have than at one week out. Generally check at two weeks out if there is a hotel you want but don’t worry if there is not and wait for 1 week out.

• Tom says:

Thanks JP

• Brian says:

Availability often varies over the course of the Monday and Tuesday, too. A couple of weeks ago, I wanted to book the Ibis St Pancras, but it wasn’t available at midnight on Sunday, so I went for the Novotel Paddington. But the Ibis was available on Tuesday.