Five UK Marriott hotels are leaving the chain in two weeks, despite being included on the new points pricing list from August.
- Sunderland Marriott
- Newcastle Marriott Gosforth Park
- Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Shipley
- Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Southampton
- Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Norwich
The last day that these hotels will operate under the Marriott brand is 18th July.
These hotels were recently for sale – I don’t know if a deal was concluded. The removal of the Marriott branding is being described as a positive to give the buyer a clean sheet.
How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points and status from UK credit cards (September 2023)
There are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.
The official Marriott Bonvoy American Express card comes with 20,000 points for signing up, 2 points for every £1 you spend and 15 elite night credits per year.
You can apply here.
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points by converting American Express Membership Rewards points at the rate of 2:3.
Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Marriott Bonvoy Gold status for as long as they hold the card? It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here and you can apply here.
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points indirectly:
- American Express Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Rewards Credit Card (10,000 bonus Amex points)
and for small business owners:
- American Express Business Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Business Platinum (40,000 bonus Amex points)
The conversion rate from American Express to Marriott Bonvoy points is 2:3.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)