BA

Earn 250 Avios per booking at 45,000 restaurants in ten European countries

Whilst Avios UK may have recently closed its restaurant booking programme, the company has not given up trying to cash in on the sector.

Avios, via Vueling Club, has teamed up with TripAdvisor’s restaurant booking service The Fork to offer points.

You will earn 250 Avios for every meal for two people booked.

Full details are on the Vueling website here.

Avios Vueling The Fork

The Fork is not currently operating in the UK (a search for lunch in London brought up one restaurant in E14!) but it is active elsewhere.  You can use it to book restaurants in:

• France
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • Denmark
  • Spain
  • Italy
  • Monaco
  • Netherlands
  • Portugal
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland

It will obviously work better in the bigger cities.  On the home page it features Paris, Geneva, Madrid, Lyon, Lausanne, Barcelona, Milan, Brussels and Amsterdam so I would assume those are the best covered spots.

Booking is slightly fiddly.  You need to use a special landing page for The Fork which is here.

In theory you need to give a Vueling Club account number when you book.  In reality, I would guess that any AerClub, avios.com or Vueling Club account number starting in 3081 will work but don’t hold me to that.

If you want to open a Vueling Club account to be sure, you can do it via the Vueling website here.  You access your account via avios.com using your Vueling Club log-in details.  The Avios can be moved to British Airways via ‘Combine My Avios’ and selecting avios.com as your transfer partner.

You can find out more about The Fork on vueling.com here.

BOOK NOW: 135 new IHG PointBreaks hotels for just 5,000 to 15,000 points inc Crowne Plaza Heathrow
Bits: new 'buy Avios' promo, use Priority Pass for a whisky tasting, Tesco Clubcard conversion competition

IHG
BA

Comments

1. Niche!

2. also

Collect 50 Avios with each booking you make through ClubKviar gastronomy club and get up to 30% off the final bill.

3. Alex Callahan says:

The same deal is also available via Iberia Plus with a dedicated page on El Tenedor (the Spanish version of The Fork). I got my 250 Avios for a Paris restaurant booking the other week.

• Phil L says:

Hmm I clicked your link but didn’t see a place to enter my Iberia ID. Just booked a restaurant. Can you advise?

4. Sapiens says:

Useful for me – thanks

5. Gin and Tonic Please says:

For UK restaurants, I use the IHG OpenTable site. It’s a bit fiddly, but I’m now used to it. Each one gets 150 points (though I think my first one got 500). Sure it’s not worth as much as 250 Avios but I’d rather have IHG points than OpenTable points.

• Aliks says:

If you can book a few 1,000 point OpenTable dinners, you can soon earn some vouchers. They aren’t worth that much (£20 for redeeming 4,000 points if I remember correctly) but probably worth more than 150 IHG points (50p or so??? per dinner) I assume you dont get points in both schemes – can anyone confirm this?

The IHG Opentable site is here: http://www.ihg.com/trip-extras/uk/en/restaurants
      It looks like you get 500 IHG pts for first booking, and double points for all “featured” restaurants.

• Gin and Tonic Please says:

Two problems with the OpenTable vouchers: (1) I’m not excited by many of the restaurants on the list that accept them, and (2) Although they haven’t done it here yet (or at least, I don’t think they have), in the US they devalued them by making the value of the reward variable depending on where you redeemed. Overall that’s left me feeling pretty meh about their points – despite the fact I used to regularly do the 1,000 point deals to rack up my balance.

• Gin and Tonic Please says:

Oh and yes, you can’t get both IHG and OT points on the same booking.

• HayMow says:

Thanks for this @Gin and Tonic Please! Last time I looked at sth similar to this that IHG ran in the US, a while back, it was only open to US residents – so when I saw Open Table mentioned on the app I just ignored it thinking the same rule applied = this is excellent news.

6. Steve Blower says:

I have been using the Iberia version for ages. Points turn up eventually. Quite often they have 500 AVIOS promo too.
    And, another bonus, discounts up to 50% too.

7. Phil L says:

I’ve been using The Fork app for years when on holiday. It’s great and often offers discounts in restaurants. Clicking the link above takes you to a web browser version of The Fork. Do you know if we can use our existing account through the app for this?

• Steve Blower says:

I know that it is not possible to book via the app. Only using the special landing page on a browser. I tried this on my ipad once, but it reverted to standard fork, not using the Iberia connection.
      So, book, only on PC or Mac.
      Once booked, you can see the booking on the app, and use it to cancel if you need to…

8. HayMow says:

Like a few others above I’ve been happily using the Iberia+ version – there’s an English page here https://iberiaplus.thefork.com which I think says the booking must be for a min. of 2 people. Sometimes the points don’t post but an email (even in EN) to El Tenedor / The Fork in Spain very quickly gets this sorted out. If you’re on hol in one of these countries and eating out nightly you can quickly amass some easy Avios! I’ve always used one of these links as not aware if (/don’t think that) the app would allow me to put in the airline loyalty no.

9. Brilliant, thanks! I’m spending a week in the Algarve in autumn – there seem to be loads of restaurants around there on this website.

10. Andreas says:

+1 using the Iberia Plus version for a long time. There is a promo on at the moment to get 100 more Avios for their ‘POP’ restaurants as well:

11. Mark2 says:

Thanks, that looks worthwhile. It will give us 20% off the restaurant in Sicily where we want to eat when we go in April, and maybe some Avios eventually.