Get 1,000 American Airlines miles at Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotels

Whilst this is a little niche, there is no harm in signing up if you have a stay – it is more free miles.

Hyatt Place and Hyatt House, the two ‘limited service’ brands in the Hyatt portfolio, are offering 1,000 American Airlines miles for every stay between 15th October and 31st January.

If you usually take World of Hyatt points from your stays, you will receive 1,000 American Airlines as well.  You don’t give up your points.

If you usually take 500 airline miles from your stays, you get the 1,000 American Airlines miles on top.

The only thing you can’t do is claim base miles from another airline, such as British Airways, and receive 1,000 AA miles too.

Get 1,000 American Airlines miles at Hyatt Place or Hyatt House

Registration closes on 30th November which is a guaranteed way of annoying anyone who books into a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House in December or January and who forgot to sign up.

I stayed at a Hyatt Place in Dubai earlier this year and was very impressed – see my review of Hyatt Place Dubai Al Rigga here.  There are also two Hyatt Places properties near Heathrow now.  Diverting a stay to Hyatt Place or Hyatt House is also a way of ticking off another brand for Hyatt’s ‘stay at five brands and get a free night’ long-term offer.  We covered Hyatt Brand Explorer here.

British Airways prunes its BA CityFlyer regional weekend services
Good new BA Holidays flash sale launched

Comments

1. Does anyone know if landing cards still need to be completed at Heathrow, for non eu citizens?

• Harry in transit says:

Think so, they still hand them out on board so must be a requirement for non EU/ EEA.

Not hopeful the EU will use its collective brain and leave visa requirement pretty much the same as it is now after Brexit…

• You do realise the main reason for leaving the EU is to get rid of free movement? It would make no sense to keep the visa system the same.

• Free movement is not the same as visa-free for holidays. EU citizens will probably need to fill out landing cards eventually, with exceptions for those who get their current status grandfathered, and ETIAS will probably apply to British citizens when it launches.

• yes but only if you are entering the UK.

2. Yesterday I booked a trip for us next summer, going up to NCL then hiring a car for the week we were there. I just booked it on the BA website (BA + Avis) and I was amazed what good value it was. When I looked at the price I thought it was just for adding on the car but no, it was for the total trip. This was a great contrast to a trip to Scotland last year when I thought the cost of hiring a car for just a few days was very expensive indeed. Car hire prices remain a complete mystery to me.

Incidentally, I could find no option to hire the car just for some days rather than the whole week. Just anyone know if that facility has gone from BA? It doesn’t really matter as it was so cheap for the week; I am just interested to know.

• Yes, they changed it annoyingly.

• You have to use the “customise my trip” bit if you want a car and/ or hotel for part of the trip. It’s very glitchy though.

• It is glitchy, you have to double check that all the elements are included correctly or you end up having to go right back to the start! Also somewhat browser dependent as to whether you can use the facility at all in my experience, which I find weird for such a big outfit (though maybe not given current events!)

3. o/t but talking about cuts in service – have Virgin slashed it’s Glasgow – MCO service for next year, currently only flying on a Thursday??

4. IslandDweller says:

Cityflyer weekend cuts. There’s an assumption in the article that the issue is that the flights were not selling. I thought the issue was crew hours / complicated crew logistics for the services from airports that cityflyer don’t routinely serve.

5. I was on Cityflyer a few weeks back and I thought I heard the Brummie-accented cabin crew say that the airline puts some of them in a taxi back from LCY to BHX! Now, I stress that I may have misheard that but if true then it certainly would certainly add an unnecessary overheard to operating costs.

6. Shoestring says:

Have you run this one Raffles? 50% off your first trip on mytaxi using code BALIFE. Got it in High Life mag.

Must be good for a longish ride to airport etc.

No idea if they are as good as Uber, anybody know?

• Saw that, then promptly forgot about it. They are good in London, better than Gett – but the reason is the £10 minimum fare, which makes them a bad deal for short hops. You are more likely to picked up, however, as the driver knows he is guaranteed £10.

Not sure I’d want to deal with a rattling black cab all the Heathrow though. £35 (half the £70 standard taxi fare, so what you’d pay with this deal) gets you a standard Uber (Prius etc) with a proper boot and a more comfy ride.

7. Shoestring says:

UK airline passengers are wasting up to £175m a year on unnecessary allocated seating fees, new research suggests. Almost half (45 per cent) of people who pay to sit with their companions would be seated together anyway, according to an investigation by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).

• Mr(s) Entitled says:

Flip that around and the CAA found that over half of people (55%) would have been separated.

Perhaps not such a bad deal but not as good of a headline.

• Shoestring says:

What they don’t mention is that it’s no big deal (IMV I suppose) if you get separated. As they say, not going to happen anyway with kids under 12. Bit different if you or your partner needs a bit of extra help, also.

Today my son & I had window seats 2 rows apart, [didn’t fancy the free middle exit seat on offer at check in and as it happens the flight was 20% empty & I got the whole row to myself when 13D went to sit with his wife]. But thought nothing of sitting apart from my son/ he didn’t seem to care either.

I guess some people are more clingy and a LH flight is more of a separation than a few hrs in European SH.

• If people are paying £175m extra to avoid being seperated then it implies it is indeed a big deal.

As to why people can’t bear to go a couple of hours apart on the plane but have no problem ignoring each other while sitting on their phones etc in any other scenario is another question!

• Mr(s) Entitled says:

Paying £175m doesn’t imply it is a big deal at all. One person paying £175m potentially, but lots of people paying very little to make up a big number?

• Did they really examine whether people are paying because they want to sit together, or whether they are paying because they want to guarantee an aisle or window seat or exit row or get off the plane quickly?

8. OH I love the Marriott 29 days comp, So far had a 500 point win and 50 point wins but today 20,000 points so I for one am not knocking this comp

9. Rob has pointed out that if you book a BA holiday with BA you only need to pay the deposit when booking, not the whole cost. But are you still able to reserve specific seats? I found when buying a package tour (assembled for us by a specialist travel company) using BA flights to the West Indies, I couldn’t reserve specific seats until the tickets had been issued, and they were not issued until the flight element had been paid in full. Perhaps it’s different if the holiday is being provided by BA itself. (Of course I hate paying BA to reserve seats but when there is a pair of you flying premium economy it’s most comfortable having a pair of seats by the window – and they are in very short supply.)

• @ Peter

I have booked flights and hotels using BA holidays , you can either pay to reserve seats or if you have status you can also do so free of charge. I have done this for up coming trips to HKG if F at Christmas and also SFO at Easter