BA sale

Here’s a new £8 Addison Lee discount code

Addison Lee has launched a new £8 discount code.

If you’ve never used Addison Lee before to book a minicab in London, the company is offering £8 off your first ride of £15 or more.

Addison Lee discount code £8
You need to be a first time registered user of the app or website and use promo code RIDE8.  The code is valid until 10th March.  Telephone bookings are excluded.

You can download the AddLee app here.

IHG gains Europe's best luxury resort as it buys Six Senses for $300m
Earn miles with a new Virgin Flying Club life insurance deal

Comments

1. Doog1000 says:

Not too OT – has anyone received the bonus miles from the previous Virgin Insurance deal – have paid 6 instalments over a month ago and still nothing in my account?

2. OT – LHR oneworld T3 lounges – was there a site which entitled enabled you to ask other solo Gold card holders to guest you into lounges? I am wondering if BA F lounge would allow 2 guests as always never busy anyway.

3. Another OT, I’s hoping someone who keeps their amex longer than churn time and be kind enough to share the benefit of their experience.

I have an Amex Gold CC which I use just for travel, all other spend goes on non amex CC. I clear the balance every month, rarely subscribe to any amex offers, cancel after picking up the 15,000 spend bonus and referring partner for same Gold CC card. Lately and quite frequently when I log in I’m getting a drop down screen asking me if I’d like to raise my credit limit significantly higher then now. My current limit is artificially low because I changed it. My concern is are Amex getting tired of me and hinting they’re not making enough from me to keep me as a customer? Am i inadvertently gaming the system by only using it for travel?

4. RakishDriver says:

@Rob
    You’ve had the Platinum for a while now without any churns, right?
    Have you noticed missing offers compared to posts here over the years?
    I’ve got 36 offers saved on Plat, 11 on SPG. Just wanted to gauge if I’m missing out here..There are a few decent ones (mainly travel related ones, few dining) but the majority are almost useless, for me at least.

• 33 offers showing on my Plat, 8 on SPG, 13 on BAPP.

• RakishDriver says:

Ok, thanks, not miles off then. I plan to keep Plat long term after the upgrade from gold charge; just wanted to make sure not taking a hit on potentially lucrative amex offers.

• Damn I fee like I’m missing out now…. only 25 showing on my plat. (mostly restaurants in London)

• I got 33 on the plat, I like nice restaurants and nice clothes so lots of good ones here

5. O/T Curve enabled rewards again, so a good time to cash out just incase!

Still waiting for response to support enquiry after nearly 3 weeks!

• Yep. Emptied mine to Amazon top up (exact amount) this morning.

• EvilDoctorK says:

Mind still shows as unavailable in the App ? – you can access it elsewhere or ? .. Don’t have a lot in it , but given the circumstances withdrawal to Amazon sounds like a good idea!

• You need to update the app, if using Amazon they will take a £1 pending payment charge if you add a card so you need to wait a few days for the £1 to come back

• They say you need to update the app for it to work

• I suspect many will have a similar idea after they emailed everyone about it

• +1, rewards and a small Amex balance all emptied.

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Thanks. Just zeroed my rewards balance using monzo.me

• FastEddie says:

+1 I’d hate to guess how long the latest around of funding will keep the lights on!

• Shoestring says:

zeroing Curve Rewards balance seems an obvious prudent move!

let’s hope they don’t go bump in the night!

• Well for every 100k referee customers it’s costing them a cool 1m so hopefully they have some revenue coming in somehow!

6. No link from us.

• Katy Storie says:

OT when I search on heathrowexpress.com/Avios there only seems to be standard price tickets available, not advance purchase? Is this always the case? If so, is there nowhere to earn Avios from the advance purchase rates?

7. Best if you want the MasterCard exchange rate. Revolut uses an interbank raand you can choose when to convert your currency, and you can top up with a CC (including tandem), but it has weekend loading

• To be honest I find the exchange rate differences negligible.

• the_real_a says:

John – Revolut only uses inter-bank for wallet to wallet conversion. If you force an Fx convert by using the mastercard AND you dont have a corresponding currency in a wallet then you get mastercard rate.

8. Hi Rob H. I have a referral link for the £10 amazon voucher. Just email [email protected].

9. O/T

i have a lloyds upgrade voucher from the credit card scheme before it closed.

As the avios site is now closed for that account. i am wondering how do you find availability for these upgrade vouchers? Is it telephone only and if so does anyone know who to contact? Although i do not know my voucher number…

Cheers

• pretty sure it’s just standard reward flight availability. So just search on ba.com for what you want to be upgraded to (That also will show you the charges / fees due – but you obviously pay a lower avios amount).
      Then call avios 0344 49 333 66.
      They (and only them) will be able to see your voucher and be able to reactivate your avios account, transfer some points from BA and book your flights. You pay

• Nando, I recently did this over the phone and the experience was seamless – I wanted 2 x one way upgrades to CE and got upgraded on both our domestic and European legs without quibble. Just remember to have your BAEC number to hand so they can access your account to use your avios.

• It’s just standard Avios Reward availability. Online for these vouchers never worked for those of us not booking flights from London anyway.

10. John Woakes says:

O/T question. I’ve found some flights using the ITA Flight Matrix and gave the details to a travel agent to book. They agreed to at first, but after getting the codes said they don’t book DE flights. Can anyone suggest a reputable agent that can?

• DE?

• Shoestring says:

Is it this?
        Discount Economy: K,L,Q,V,W,U,T,X,N,O,S
        Full Fare Economy: Y,B,M,H
        Premium Economy: W,E
        Discounted Business: D,I,Z
        Full Fare Business: J,C,D
        First: A,F

• Um, I’m no expert but you’ve got W for economy and premium economy. I thought it was only the latter?

• Do you mean using point of sale as Germany or some sort of shorthand for discount economy? Propeller Travel pretty experienced and worth a shot.

11. With the IHG 5k points for $35 trick (book a points & cash room and then cancel it) do the 5k points count towards status ??????