BA sale

Qatar Airways launching new BRICS amenity kits

If you have a Qatar Airways flight coming up, you may be interested to know that a new range of amenity kits has just been launched in both Business Class and First Class.   The bags continue to be designed by upmarket luggage brand BRIC’s.

New Qatar Airways BRICS amenity kit

To quote:

The new collection of BRIC’s amenity kits includes designs and contents created for both male and female passengers and features all natural Castello Monte Vibiano Vecchio skin care products. The range includes lip balm, hydrating facial mist and anti-ageing moisturiser in Business Class, with Night Recovery Cream included in the First Class kits. Socks, eyeshades and earplugs complete the range, with the addition of a BRIC’s signature spectacle pouch and hairbrush in First Class.

For the first time, the versatile First Class female kit contains an adjustable strap that transforms it into a contemporary cross-body bag, enabling passengers to continue using their unique BRIC’s amenity kit as a fashion accessory. This kit comes in two colours, black with red trim and red with pink trim. The attractive First Class men’s kit comes in two colours, mustard yellow with navy trim and navy with green trim and can be reused as a washbag for years to come.

Using Cathay Pacific for low-tax Avios redemptions to Asia - Avios Redemption University – Lesson 15
What happened at the Virgin Atlantic A350 launch party?

Comments

1. Michael says:

OT: Amex Plat provides marriot gold status – how do I get my amex plat to talk to my bonvoy account for this to work?

2. OT – but potentially Hilton related: any recommendation for a hotel in Mahe, Seychelles fro 1 night – need to sped a night there after a week on Denis island and the timing of the flight from Denis island to Mahe does not work for BA flight back to London?

• Not been (yet!) but got my eye on the Doubletree Allamanda for when the OH and I can travel as a couple again! Looks to be nice and small (only 30 rooms I think), beachfront, decent rooms and quite reasonably priced for SEZ. Supposed to be only 20 minutes from the airport which is another plus.

• Just staying at Doubletree. Contrary to popular belief, I got a complimentary upgrade as a Gold member to bigger room with a terrace jacuzzi. Other complimentary amenities – free 15 min massage or a 50% discount on a 60 min massage, free bottle of wine plus some cakes, complimentary cocktail for 2. On arrival warm cookie and passion fruit juice. Staff don’t seem to acknowledge status, but there was everything in the welcome letter in the room. Room is nice and the view is great. Not sure about the beach as it is a bit rocky, so you need water shoes. Car rental is a must on Mahé. From the airport it is about 30-35 minutes as the road can get congested.

• Qwerty Bertie says:

A real terrace, or a part roofed, part open deep balcony? Either way, all rooms have a jacuzzi.

I recommend avoiding that hotel.

• @ Qwerty Berty No, not all rooms have a jacuzzi! There is normal Deluxe Room and Grand Deluxe room (see description from the website below). There are only 4 Grand Deluxe rooms. Just because you had a bad experience, doesn’t mean that others might not enjoy it. Just got a complimentary dessert too. The service I admit is not top notch, but that can be said for any establishement in Seychelles. I walked out of Raffles on Praslin because they took ages to serve drinks.

From the website

King Deluxe Room with Ocean View

Large bathroom, balcony, panoramic ocean view, sofa, lazy chair, free WiFi

Breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean await you in this stylish King Guest Room. Take in the ocean from your double lazy chair on the private balcony. Enjoy a restful night?s sleep in your king-sized bed.

The bathroom features a luxurious walk-in rainfall shower and twin vanity units. Each room is equipped with a 42-inch HDTV, free WiFi, iPod docking station and lounge area with a small sofa and work desk.

King Grand Deluxe Room with Outdoor Jacuzzi

Outdoor whirlpool tub, balcony, panoramic ocean view, individually controlled A/C, free WiFi

Experience relaxation and serenity in this King Bed Deluxe room. Step out onto your private balcony to soak in a panoramic view of the Indian Ocean. Submerge yourself in your outdoor whirlpool tub or relax in the comfort of your double lazy chair. Enjoy a peaceful night?s rest on your comfortable king-sized bed.

The luxurious bathroom features a romantic walk-in rainfall shower and separate bathtub. Catch up on work at the large desk. Each room is also equipped with a 42-inch HDTV, free WiFi, iPod docking station and lounge area with a small sofa.

Add to your wonderful stay a complimentary romantic bath experience and a complimentary daily soft drink minibar.

• Just to add that the Grand Deluxe room is very big. I’m in a corner room and the balcony/terrace is as big as the room itself and then you have a bathroom the size of a studio apartment.

3. Is there a way you can convert Hilton points to Marriott?

• Qwerty Bertie says:

Look if Virgin to Marriott works; if so Hilton to Virgin, then Virgin to Marriott…but would be a horrendous conversion rate!

• Alex W says:

Marriott-Virgin-Hilton should be possible, but not the other way round i dont think? 120k Marriott would get 75k Hilton.

4. Is there a Hilton in central London which would be worth buying points for? Thinking of a theatre trip for my 50th next year.

• The Savage Squirrel says:

It will always depend on the cash rate vs the cost of purchasing points at any given moment, as well as whether you already have a stash.

Curio Collection Trafalgar St James has a great location for West End (obvs) and very pleasant rooms if looking for something a bit special. Stayed a couple of months ago. Conrad St James seems well thought of here. Hilton branded hotels are generally old, ugly and poor value though. Especially Park Lane

• TGLoyalty says:

Have to be honest I wouldn’t stay at the Conrad until there is a refurb, For the price paid some of the rooms are tired, heard its hit and miss though.

• Really depends on dates, central London prices for both points or cash are up and down like a yoyo. Definitely want to avoid a Saturday night stay, Friday probably best compromise on theatre and hotel. Best value would likely be cash stay with an amex offer booked via avios e store.

• Depends when – London weekend rates can vary by 3-4x depending on date. June/July is peak around Wimbledon.

5. OT I can’t connect my Radisson account via the points transfer within Amex. Do I need to remove any of the digits from the membership number?

6. Derek Broughton says:

Does the DCC block apply to Curve cards? I can’t recall whether they’re technically considered prepaid.

• The_real_a says:

They used to be prepaid, but for the last 9 months they have been issued as “proper” debit cards (surprisingly).

7. OT Finally getting round to looking at the Tesco sim deal – do you have to have your phone unlocked to do this? Sorry if that is a dumb question!

• Either unlocked or locked to O2-UK

• Or find a friend with a suitably unlocked phone.

• I want to use my own phone as I only have 500mb – just come out of contract so I need to update it – so I could use the 8gb when away in our caravan later in the month – save on my mobile data gadget

• Most networks unlock for free once out of contract. Do a quick google search. You may have to call them or fill in an online form.

• The_real_a says:

Suitable phones are available from asda/argos for as little as 10quid

8. OT
    For Amex to Virgin transfers is there a special way to do it online (goes round in circles and will not add account when I try) or shall I live chat them. Thanks.

9. illuminatus says:

OT – had another very pleasant ride with Wheely to Gatwick this morning. There are still about 5 weeks left for Amex promo, I higly recommend it.

Remember to use H6CD5 to get 20% off your 1st ride (stacks with Amex offer).

• Louise says:

Also Wheely amended my transaction when I was below the £25, I just messaged them
      and they refunded and recharged to make it over £25 🙂

• illuminatus says:

Yep, they still seem to be of that sweet size as a company where you get to real people in support, as opposed to ‘human bots’ or ‘procedures’.

• SimonW says:

aargh, well done you. I just sucked up a £23.60 charge. didnt think to message them to charge me more ! I have one more £25 deal left to stack with 20% off referral code though. £100 trip to LHR nets out to £55 in a lovely Mercedes van.

• Luthar says:

Had the wheely offer on 4 cards in my house. Used it a total of 12 times with the last 8 trips being just under £26. I really enjoyed that offer.

• Doug M says:

I used them to and from theatre on Monday. On the way had a really good chatty driver and asked me how I’d heard of them, mentioned Amex and he said yeah I’m hearing that a lot.

10. ShouldntCare says:

O/T

My other half got the SPG Amex a couple of months and has amassed 40k+ points, none of which have transferred because the Bonvoy membership number didn’t ‘register’ correctly during the application.

Called AMEX and asked them to manually add, and received a letter in the post 2 weeks later rejecting the affiliation because ‘names don’t match’.

Does anyone have experience with the above? First time this ever happens (we’ve churned the SPG card a bit) though not with a Bonvoy number. Is it a call to Marriott to get this fixed? We sometimes face issues because we have more than one surname (paternal & maternal).

I doubt AMEX will be able to sort it out…and I’m definitely not planning on losing those points!!! Anyway I could get them transferred to my personal Bonvoy account instead?

Any help appreciated.

S

• Charlieface says:

I had that with my OH who had her maiden name on her SPG account but Amex was in married name. The names must match exactly or it will reject it. The easiest way round for me was to email SPG to change the name (ended up emailing Marriott as it was after the transfer)

11. OT: Hi All, With the AMEX “Churn” ended – will slowed to every 2 years at least. I was wondering if the same “Churn priciple” could be applied to any other the other cards.

Specifically I was thinking about the IHG Mastercard (Non-premium) – that I’ve had for a while now – it’s my AMEX backup Mastercard – where there is a 10,000 signup bonus (with small minimum £200 spend). You have to keep the card for 6 month to prevent the signup bonus being reclaimed, but I was wondering if you them closed it and later (don’t know how long?) re-applied would you get the bonus again. (Again, going the time switch with the wife to ensure we always had a card running)

I didn’t know if anyone had tried this or had any ideas.
    Thanks, Rob