Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

British Airways terminal moves announced at Heathrow Airport

British Airways has announced a few Heathrow terminal moves from the start of the Winter timetable on 27th October:

Billund, Hanover, Zagreb – moving from Terminal 5 to Terminal 3

Luxembourg, Lyon – moving from Terminal 3 to Terminal 5

This is on top of the previously announced switches of Phoenix (T3 to T5) and San Diego (T5 to T3) on the same day.

Whilst most London-based readers are travelling point-to-point, any readers due to connect in Heathrow to one of these destinations should check that they will still have time to make their onward flight.

Comments (161)

• Brian says:

Squaddies deserve a free bar once in a while. What could possibly go wrong, tehe.

• Lady London says:

Hum. They didnt annonce this magnificent gesture too far in advance, did they.

• Richard says:

OT data point on the Lloyds cards, got my letter today and have until June 22nd 2020 to earn another upgrade voucher, which is rather generous. Will try and get as much through as possible while I have the higher legacy earn rates.

• Anna says:

Is that your account anniversary date or do they seem to be giving you 12 months from notification? If the latter, could you theoretically get 2 vouchers in the remaining time?

• Richard says:

Account anniversary. I didn’t expect to be able to get another voucher, but timing was just right.

• Ant says:

OT: my husband cancelled his BA card 6 months ago. If he applies again will he be able to earn the companion voucher?

I understand he won’t get a sign up bonus.

• Michael says:

Can I send a Paypal payment to my uncle with the Amex SPG card without getting a cash advance?

• zaza says:

OT, but has anybody else noticed that Heathrow have stopped doing Park&Ride and Meet&Greet on Good To Go. You can now only do Drop&Ride. Thus if you want to park yourself you have to go into Long Stay or go elsewhere…

• Peter K says:

Not sure it’s been mentioned but Heathrow has dropped its Good to Go parking. I don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned several times on here…

• Shoestring says:

Just switched gas & elec. 12 months fixed – no exit fees – Simple and SuperSave – Avro – you can only get this tariff by going to Avro direct. £150 saving on a £1200 gas/ elec bill with Bulb. I was just waiting to bank my £50 from the previous switch in February. There have been some good downward movements in wholesale prices in the last few months so worth doing a comparison.

You’d spend 5 mins to earn 15,000 Avios, so why not spend 5 mins doing an energy comparison & switch? (I used about 8 different comparison sites but uSwitch was the best, ie showed up this deal as available by going direct whereas the others didn’t).

• Mark2 says:

You need to be careful with all energy comparison sites. I (and many others) got a very good deal through MSE about 21 months ago with OVO and it is still one of the cheapest.
      BUT, if I put the details into any comparison site it tells me that there are many cheaper tariffs although their price per KWh and standing charge are higher.
      Apparently this is because Ofgem makes them assume that you will go onto an expensive tariff from your current supplier when your fix ends. Perhaps this is because they want to increase the number of switchers. I think that the way that they express savings is misleading: I want to see the actual rates and Tariff Comparison Rate (TCR) but you have to dig deep to find them.
      Avro which is not a comparison site is £23.14 cheaper and also shows the prices clearly.. Thanks for the tip for when the fix expires in Oct.

• Shoestring says:

True enough – but Bulb only has 1 tariff so the comparison is fair – you don’t revert to a higher tariff when the fixed term comes to an end, since there is no fixed term

• Rob says:

We’re on Bulb – gives me an easy life.

• Graham Walsh says:

My g/f just got the new smart meters installed by bulb. No more submitting readings. They don’t accept my “old smart meter”. Will have to be swapped out again.

• Shoestring says:

Some decent incentives floating around to switch to Bulb – £42 plus they will pay any exit fees if you are stuck in a contract

But as I mentioned, Avro direct was £150 cheaper pa (Simple and SuperSave)

• Mike says:

OT: On Armed Forces Day – To all those Serving Personnel and Veterans – Thank you for your service.