BA sale

Another Scottish castle you can now book with World of Hyatt points!

World of Hyatt partnered with Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) last year.  This allows World of Hyatt members to book SLH properties via hyatt.com, and get exclusive benefits for doing so, and redeem their World of Hyatt points with SLH.

A further batch of SLH hotels was added last week.  It includes Inverlochy Castle near Glenfinnan (home of the ‘Harry Potter bridge’) in Scotland, pictured below.  We actually popped in to this hotel when we were in Scotland in May to see how it compared to the place we had booked down the road – I didn’t realise at the time it was SLH.

There is actually one other UK castle which can be booked with hotel loyalty points – Crossbasket Castle in High Blantyre, near Glasgow which is pictured below.  This is also part of the World of Hyatt / SLH tie-up.

Most people don’t realise what good UK hotels are now bookable with World of Hyatt points via the SLH tie-up.  They include:

• Tylney Hall Hotel, Hook

• The Franklin
  • Flemings Mayfair
  • St James’s Hotel & Club
  • Duke’s London
  • The Academy
  • The Capital Hotel

It’s just a shame that World of Hyatt points are so difficult to earn if you live in the UK.  There are only a modest number of Hyatt properties in major business cities in Europe, there is no UK credit card and they are not an American Express Membership Rewards partner.

News: 'Combine My Avios' broken, welcome Sinead
REMINDER: Up to 10,000 Avios with your household, business or landlord insurance

Head for Points is sponsored by:

Magazine montage

Up to 30% off in Hilton's Winter Sale

Click here to find out more and book

Comments

1. Benylin says:

OT: Overpaid into my Creation IHG account, how hard / how many questions will be raised if I call creation and ask them to BT the money to me?

• Sandgrounder says:

You could always get a Revolut and top it up with the excess, and then send it to your bank account with no human interaction at all. Or is that not possible for some reason? How much are we talking? I imagine you don’t want anyone looking at your account if you are so concerned- big time Curve user by any chance? 🙂

• Shhhhh

• screwed_by_revolut says:

Good old days when you could do that at scale. I guess word got around and now Revolut comes down on you so hard for cash recycling if you load then withdraw any value worth bothering with 🙁

2. Hi. I’ve been transferring Avios between BA and Iberia the past week or so using the Iberia website.
    They have done a VERY good job of hiding the functionality within their website! Smallest font size ever, but it’s there!!

Click Buying or Transferring Avios>
    Right at the bottom of the page, above the banner, see this link:
    “Don’t forget you can combine your Avios with those of other customer loyalty programmes.”

Works a treat for me. Hope it does for others too.

• Peter K says:

But it doesn’t work via that method if you have a BA household account.

• I moved 2k from Iberia to Avios that are now missing despite getting the emails to say it was successful!

3. The Lord says:

OT – Taking our first long haul club word flight in a couple of weeks (thanks Rob and HFP). How likely is it we will get an on the day Elemis appointment at T5? Flying on a Saturday morning

• Frankie says:

I’ve never had an issue getting a slot. I do however always get to airport about 3.5 hours before holiday flight in CW. Go straight to the spa on arrival at the lounge complex and get booked in.

• Genghis says:

Try 5B

• +1 – availability is better at T5B (though not guaranteed) and the lounge is generally quieter and a much better option if your flight is leaving from B or C concourse.

• Blimey, I have been reading this site for 7 years now and I’ve clearly missed a trick here: I thought the gratis Elemis spa massage slots were purely a perk of F? So, from the above, this perk is also open to J pax, too? (Fortunately, with mainly flying other airlines, I don’t do many long haul BA J flights, so I’ve not missed out too much.) But could fellow HFPers kindly confirm this? Many thanks! 😉

• Nick Burch says:

If flying F, you can ring a month before and book a slot. You’re then sure to get it

Flying long haul J (or long haul economy as gold) you turn up and see what slots they have. Generally 3-4 hours out at A gates, often 2 hours out at B gates. If there’s time they book you in.

Handy tip – ask them to check B gates availability if nothing in time at A, they often won’t think to

4. Inverlochy Castle is just outside Inverlochy and Fort William. I was wondering about staying there in May – I’ve never hiked up Ben Nevis, which seems like a massive oversight that I hope to correct!

• We stayed in our caravan at the foot of Ben Nevis last July and watched people walk up the first part every morning and then people come back down again later in the day. On our last full day we decided to give it a go – weather conditions perfect – cool and dry – not expecting to get to the top. 3.5 hrs later we were blown away with the wind and views from the top and excited to have bagged our very first munro! That trip we also booked the afternoon on the Jacobite steam train (Hogwarts Express] and also stood at Glenfinnan another day to watch the steam train go across the viaduct! Also climbed the Jacobite Monument for stunning views down Loch Shiel. Beautiful part of Scotland.

• The Lime Tree is our go-to place in Fort William:

• AndyGWP says:

The travelodge is my go to place! 😀

It’s dirt cheap in February and March, and the parking nearby is free too (though it also has it’s own car park now).

I usually need to take a bit of extra kit to tackle the mountains around there at that time of year though 😉

• RussellH says:

I guess any hillwalker will want to ‘do’ Ben Nevis at some time, but there are any number of more interesting walks, TBH.

5. Thomas Tuyaerts says:

Gosh, For a moment I thought that Rob had bought a Castle called Sinead!!!….. That would have been news, Welcome Sinead.

6. Welcome Sinead! Looking forward to the post-Xmas party!

7. Big Dave says:

I hadn’t used Combine my avios for ages – I found I had some points dormant in the avios account that vueling club forced you to open. I have not been able to move these and it always failed.
    On the 4th october I managed to do it after contacting their online chat – I just gave them all my details and told them to make sure the account was as I said – the DOB was wrong for some reason even though in vueling club everything was always correct and thats why it hadn’t been transfering.
    Looks like I got in in time.

8. Good luck Anika and welcome Sinead.

• ankomonkey says:

+1.

Looking forward to Sinead giving us some insider VS tips and thinking we should start helping Anika with baby name suggestions. I’ll go first:

Eva (Air) for a girl, Conrad for a boy

9. Welcome Sinead!

I hope they do fix combine my avios over the next few weeks. I’ll have a significant chunk sitting in my Aer Club otherwise in a few weeks… What use is that to me when I plan on using it for the multi-partner redemption chart.

10. I am still unable to login on avios.com or aer club

11. O/t
    BA offered me 15000 avios following an injury to my finger in one of their club World seats. I had asked for considerably more. Does anyone have any experience of getting BA to give a higher offer?

• Genghis says:

What / who was at fault?

• TGLoyalty says:

strange, where was your finger? Did the cabin crew move the seat during take off/landing and it was in the wrong place? or sharp edge exposed on seat somewhere?

• Lady London says:

15000 is b* all compared to cash that could be payable.
      Would be a question of evidence.