Small Luxury Hotels of the World has launched a new cashback offer with American Express.
If you stay at a participating hotel in the UK or Europe (click here for the list) before 30th September, you will receive £100 cashback on a spend of £300+.
The offer is not well explained, unfortunately.
SLH is a marketing consortium, not a chain. This means that it isn’t clear:
- whether you must book via the SLH website or not?
- whether bookings via other channels, such as Hyatt (who market SLH hotels) or intermediaries such as Hotels.com count?
- whether direct bookings count?
My impression – and don’t rely on this – is that as long as you pay at the hotel you are fine. Pre-paid bookings are specifically blocked from the offer. This should even apply to ‘pay at hotel’ bookings made via Hotels.com. I don’t think the Small Luxury Hotels website needs to be used.
Which hotels are taking part?
Only selected hotels in the UK, France and Germany are taking part.
The UK list runs to 35 hotels, with some impressive names amongst them. This includes:
- The Gainsborough Bath Spa (review here)
- Monkey Island
- Dormy House
- The Grand Hotel Eastbourne
- Ashdown Park
- Tylney Hall
- Luton Hoo
- Stoke Park, picture below (although there are rumours that the hotel will not re-open for a couple of years as its new owner is planning a refurbishment)
- The Nare
Benefits of booking Small Luxury Hotels via Hyatt
World of Hyatt has a partnership with Small Luxury Hotels which allows you to book selected hotels via hyatt.com.
As long as the price matches the SLH website – and this isn’t always the case – you get some decent extra benefits at participating hotels:
- 5 World of Hyatt points per eligible $1 spent on your room (dining etc excluded), plus an elite bonus for World of Hyatt status members
- Complimentary continental breakfast for two
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Early check-in 12:00pm if available
- Late check-out 2:00pm if available
- One category room upgrade if available
- Nights count towards World of Hyatt status
Full details of Hyatt’s SLH partnership can be found here.
You should also get a quote via Bon Vivant
SLH also has a programme for luxury travel agents. This can get you valuable extra benefits at no additional cost BUT not all SLH hotels take part – The Atlantic in Jersey (review here) didn’t play ball when we went last year.
Our hotel booking partner Emyr Thomas can book these for you and as all Emyr bookings are ‘pay on departure’ it will trigger the cashback too.
You can contact Emyr via this page of HfP – don’t book an SLH property without seeing what he can do. The price will match the flexible room-only rate on the website but with substantial extra benefits, and he may be able to persuade the hotel to match any promotional offer too.
Hotel offers update – May 2022:
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.