Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Post new Amex statement credit offers here!

• Andrew J 769 posts

Spend £200 cumulatively on BA CityFlyer flights from the U.K. get 1000 extra Avios, on BAPP

I don’t see any mention of CityFlyer on mine.

It’s “selected routes” – when you click on the T&Cs there’s a link to a PDF with the routes – all CityFlyer.

The real Swiss Tony 662 posts

10% back at Honest Burgers exp 13/02

This will also double with the 10 Avios/£ option available via the exec club app where you register your card for in store purchases.

Maples 194 posts

Hertz £50 off for £250 is on my Gold card today. 20,000 sign ups available.

LondonFly 83 posts

Is that for UK domestic rentals only?

EwanG 112 posts

T&Cs: Offer only valid on online pre-paid rentals.
    Book and pay by offer end date.

If you book an overseas rental on Hertz.co.uk and prepay (this will be in GBP), my experience is you’ll get the credit

Skywalker 700 posts

10% back at Honest Burgers exp 13/02

This will also double with the 10 Avios/£ option available via the exec club app where you register your card for in store purchases.

+1

Received an email saying offer used and an BAEC app notification saying “Linked card Honest Burgers transaction – tracked”

Now showing up in pending Avios.

LondonFly 83 posts

T&Cs: Offer only valid on online pre-paid rentals.
    Book and pay by offer end date.

If you book an overseas rental on Hertz.co.uk and prepay (this will be in GBP), my experience is you’ll get the credit

Offer only valid on UK Domestic rentals only.
    That’s what it says on my account

Harrods 120 posts

Not a single decent retail offer for weeks, what’s going on 🥹

Andrew J 769 posts

Not a single decent retail offer for weeks, what’s going on 🥹

Retail offers are generally focused around the golden quarter, leading up to Christmas. Marketing budgets may reset in April and they’ll offer some more offers then.

Maples 194 posts

Spend £250 or more, get £25 back for Harvey Nichols on my Gold card.

TGLoyalty 536 posts

Really poor offer which isn’t going to have anyone in HN over the next few weeks.

ed_fly 211 posts

Really poor offer which isn’t going to have anyone in HN over the next few weeks.

an odd offer. Good if you were already planning on spending at HN, but surely not going to generate new business?

Ruralite 26 posts

£100 back on £300 spend at Claridges, Connaught & The Berkeley appeared on my Platinum card this morning – return of hotel offers starting?🤞

Julia 43 posts

10,000 Marriott points on my Marriott card for spending £100+ at Marriott hotel restaurants in London. Nine hotels.

Maples 194 posts

Good Evening.

Apple iPhone 15 – Spend £800 or more, get £80 back
    Mandarin Oriental – Spend £500 or more, get £100 back every time
    NET-A-PORTER – Spend £600 or more, get £100 back
    MR PORTER – Spend £400 or more, get £80 back
    The Economist Sub – Spend £199 or more, get £65 back

All on my Gold card. None of these on my Platinum Cashback Everyday card – it’s only got 4 offers available right now.

mef13 34 posts

I have the Apple £800/£80 offer on my Platinum card.
    mef

tw33ty 187 posts

Where’s all the hotel offers though…. That’s what I’m waiting on.

JDB 4,384 posts

That’s the trouble – they get people hooked, then can’t afford to keep feeding the habit. These offers must be horrendously costly and I wonder how beneficial they actually are for Amex or the hotels.

Ruralite 26 posts

Good Evening.

Apple iPhone 15 – Spend £800 or more, get £80 back
    Mandarin Oriental – Spend £500 or more, get £100 back every time
    NET-A-PORTER – Spend £600 or more, get £100 back
    MR PORTER – Spend £400 or more, get £80 back
    The Economist Sub – Spend £199 or more, get £65 back

All on my Gold card. None of these on my Platinum Cashback Everyday card – it’s only got 4 offers available right now.

All these are on my Platinum card today

BBbetter 641 posts

I have the Apple £800/£80 offer on my Platinum card.
    mef

The apple store iphone prices are exactly £80 higher than costco.

FatherOfFour 281 posts

Emirates, spend £800, get £100 back on gold. Not sure if this is new, but don’t recall seeing it.

PeteM 709 posts

Apple will price match in store against online stores, by the way.

BBbetter 641 posts

Apple will price match in store against online stores, by the way.

Ooh, never knew that. Worth checking out at the nearest store then.

tw33ty 187 posts

That’s the trouble – they get people hooked, then can’t afford to keep feeding the habit. These offers must be horrendously costly and I wonder how beneficial they actually are for Amex or the hotels.

I don’t see it that way, I see that hotels are overpriced atm, a lot of hotels aren’t getting full or very high occupancy, the offers are a way of reducing the cost as an incentive, without them actually having to reduce the actual price, keeping them at their artificially high price.

Super Secret Stuff 357 posts

I don’t see it that way, I see that hotels are overpriced atm, a lot of hotels aren’t getting full or very high occupancy, the offers are a way of reducing the cost as an incentive, without them actually having to reduce the actual price, keeping them at their artificially high price.

Either way it would be coming out of a marketing departments budget somewhere and they’ve clearly cut it. I thought this would happen so cancelled my Amex a while ago

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.