Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Post new Amex statement credit offers here!

• Andrew J 769 posts

Not sure what the fuss is about, about 6 weeks ago there were more hotel and retail offers than I could keep up with, it’s a short dry spell and like clockwork they will all be back.

Cranzle 272 posts

Not sure what the fuss is about, about 6 weeks ago there were more hotel and retail offers than I could keep up with, it’s a short dry spell and like clockwork they will all be back.

I fussed as I getting very few of the offers on my Platinum Card. Given the annual fee, I expect all offers. The Gold card seems far more attractive

JDB 4,384 posts

I fussed as I getting very few of the offers on my Platinum Card. Given the annual fee, I expect all offers. The Gold card seems far more attractive

When you have the rich man’s card, they don’t think you need money off coupons.

Cranzle 272 posts

When you have the rich man’s card, they don’t think you need money off coupons.

I’m definitely considering cancelling.

Harrods 120 posts

Has the apple offer disappeared from anyone’s “saved” list?

Yamahareo 18 posts

Has the apple offer disappeared from anyone’s “saved” list?

Mine is still on there – I assume you mean the £80 off £800 offer?

Skywalker 700 posts

Bicester Village, spend £200 get £30 back

Maples 194 posts

Bicester Village, spend £200 get £30 back

Not sure if same type but I got £50 off for £400 spend. I also think they’re cumulative spend ones.

DonLee 214 posts

Spend £250 or more, get £75 back at Conrad Singapore Orchard
    Tesco 50-5
    IKEA 100-10

cats_are_best 99 posts

After umpteen years, I only recently noticed that the offers on my main card are separate from the offers on my free ‘additional card’ – I added an a/c years ago as the titanium Centurion card didn’t work with NFC, getting a plastic a/c was the workaround. Both cards are in my name.

If you can get a free ‘spare’ card with Platinum I assume the same will apply.

On offers you’d actually use enough, it doubles the return, i.e. on an offer with £80 credit on £400 spend, add to both cards, I just split some shopping into two orders, one on each card, and made an extra £80.

Maybe this is already known, I’m just wondering how I was so slow on the uptake!

kevinchoi 96 posts

Amex BAPP – Aesop, Spend £130 or more, get 20% back up to £25

But if my maths isn’t wrong, then 20% of £130 is £26 which is already more than the £25 cap?
    So it’s impossible to get the stated 20% off from this offer? Is this not misleading?

mark2 128 posts

On offers you’d actually use enough, it doubles the return, i.e. on an offer with £80 credit on £400 spend, add to both cards, I just split some shopping into two orders, one on each card, and made an extra £80.

This is true of some offers but many/most only appear on the main card.

Reney 768 posts
    Andrew J 769 posts

Spend £100 get £10 at nearly every shop at either Westfield – cumulative spend. Includes Waitrose/John Lewis.

Maples 194 posts

Most surprising thing is that LV is included on that list, personally. Will pop into Westfield to get something from Longchamp if I can’t get a tax free bag in Italy.

Andrew J 769 posts

Most surprising thing is that LV is included on that list, personally. Will pop into Westfield to get something from Longchamp if I can’t get a tax free bag in Italy.

I was surprised by that too. It was one of the only shops which wasn’t participating in the Bond St offer before Christmas. That said, Harrods and Selfridges offers can be used on LV.

KevinC 76 posts

Spend £500 get £100 back at Preferred Hotels & Resorts. Quite a different worldwide selection than a lot of the hotel offers. Lots of hotels in the US, Japan and Mexico. And even a couple in Ireland and Portugal!

Andrew. 482 posts

Spend £800 get £100 back at Microsoft. That’s significantly poorer for me than the usual Microsoft offer.

tw33ty 187 posts

Spend £800 get £100 back at Microsoft. That’s significantly poorer for me than the usual Microsoft offer.

Cardmember spend offers have been significantly poorer across everything lately, and much less of them.

John 1,000 posts

Any predictions about when the IHG and Hilton offers might be back?

TGLoyalty 536 posts

Spend £100 get £10 at Waitrose Expires 30/4/24 on Gold and Bonvoy.

Spend £200 or more and get 5% every time on P&O Ferries on all my cards expires 17/4/24 – I didn’t save this as frankly meh

Isolde 7 posts

Sounds good – if you can get to Westfield it should stack with their offer giving 20% off giftcards

WilkoBRFC 5 posts

Received an offer from IKEA for £10 off £100 spend in-store this weekend. This should stack with the AMEX offer to effectively become £20 off £110 spend. The email suggests the offer is for all ‘IKEA Family’ members.

can2 467 posts

Sounds good – if you can get to Westfield it should stack with their offer giving 20% off giftcards

Can someone explain how this would work?
    I have the Waitrose and Westfield offers on my card. If I go spend £100 in Waitrose in the Westfield Mall, would I get £20 back?

Andrew J 769 posts

Can someone explain how this would work?
    I have the Waitrose and Westfield offers on my card. If I go spend £100 in Waitrose in the Westfield Mall, would I get £20 back?

You would yes.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.