Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Anyone used this with Curve, Ernie, Che, etc yet?

• willie 22 posts

🙂

Aston100 1,384 posts

Creationgate clearly hasn’t taught us anything.

pbcold 346 posts

Amazing

Lady London 2,020 posts

Who on earth raised this?

Was that willie the Banker?

… or have I not heard that correctly.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Call them and ask why it’s not working.

BlueHorizonUK 37 posts

From another site

Now it seems that for some reason cards are being issued with a corporate bank identification number (the first few digits of the card). This means that Curve will not allow you to pair a Barclaycard Avios card as it won’t accept corporate cards.

Cloud 21 posts

Mine worked with Curve. Already used for a few transactions, online and in store. No issue at all with Curve.

Lady London 2,020 posts

From another site

Now it seems that for some reason cards are being issued with a corporate bank identification number (the first few digits of the card). This means that Curve will not allow you to pair a Barclaycard Avios card as it won’t accept corporate cards.

They always were.

kt74 42 posts

Curve will not allow you to pair a Barclaycard Avios card as it won’t accept corporate cards.

I use my Curve with two corporate cards including my Barclaycard corporate one

tomtom135 11 posts

Curve told me this morning they’re just getting a “do not honour” message from Barclaycard. Tried again, same outcome.

Has anyone had any luck?

rum 275 posts

No joy for me either. Declined on both Curve and PayPal.

Should we start compiling a list of the first 4 digits of people’s card numbers and compare that to what is working with Curve/PayPal and what isn’t?

Aston100 1,384 posts

Should we start compiling a list of the first 4 digits of people’s card numbers and compare that to what is working with Curve/PayPal and what isn’t?

Probably better not to talk about this at all, especially if someone finds a working method.
    You’ll note JDB has been circling around the main thread, and his pals are no doubt awaiting his scouting reports.

JDB 4,335 posts

Probably better not to talk about this at all, especially if someone finds a working method.
    You’ll note JDB has been circling around the main thread, and his pals are no doubt awaiting his scouting reports.

@Aston100
    , greetings. The cat is so well and truly out of the bag on this topic that these comments are quite irrelevant, but to me it seems odd that a) nobody has learned anything from the Creation debacle; it’s not over and b) how apparently smart people repeatedly asking all these questions require quite so much spoon feeding.

nw8727 22 posts

I’ve tried to link the card to curve and it still won’t work. I’m guessing it is to do with the 3DS issue most people are having at the moment.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

According to a reader who has done this, you CAN add it to Curve perfectly well as long as £2 has been spent on the card.

NorthernLass 7,463 posts

I’ll reserve judgement till there’s more data!

rum 275 posts

That would explain things why I can add mine to Curve. PayPal and eBay also required verification/additional authentication with 3DS and all worked this afternoon just like that.

Now all we need is Apple Pay…

Bervios 34 posts

Activated 2 hours ago, used it online and on one telephone transaction , just added it to curve and it has added it and worked perfectly.

SteveJ 977 posts

@Aston100
    , greetings. The cat is so well and truly out of the bag on this topic that these comments are quite irrelevant, but to me it seems odd that a) nobody has learned anything from the Creation debacle; it’s not over and b) how apparently smart people repeatedly asking all these questions require quite so much spoon feeding.

Unbelievable to me that Ernie can’t get their house in order, if they so dislike Curve just block it.

dougzz99 623 posts

According to a reader who has done this, you CAN add it to Curve perfectly well as long as £2 has been spent on the card.

I spent maybe £10 in Sainsbury’s yesterday on the Avios card. Added to Curve used at Costa and Boots at London City, and used OK in Berlin for train ticket and baker’s. Avios card with Curve definitely OK for me.

dst87 263 posts

I wasn’t able to add to Curve yesterday but after seeing Rob’s message above I tried again today and it worked via 3DS as expected. 🎉

Glad to have the ability to use via Apple Pay! Not so interested in the other uses of Curve.

points_worrier 294 posts

I would warn against publishing this on this website, even with codes.
    The Creation issues were all started by a forum reader emailing the companies involved, and threatening to go to the press/treasury select committee/FCA if the companies did not take action.

CatchFlightsNotFeelings 34 posts

After so much talk here i’ve ordered myself a Curve card as about to go on holiday and needed to spend about £700 on bits and pieces, and couldnt wait any longer for the Barclaycard Avios to come. Lets hope it works when it gets here to do the Back In Time spend!!

Is it true that i can use the Curve card abroad and not pay any commission/fees? Usually I use my Nationwide Select CC for foreign transactions.

SteveJ 977 posts

The Creation issues were all started by a forum reader emailing the companies involved, and threatening to go to the press/treasury select committee/FCA if the companies did not take action.

This is of course all wild speculation!

Lady London 2,020 posts

No, someone bragged on here about all the MS they’d done one night with details of some of their huge balances about 21.30, I think. JDB said a contact at Creation, probably someone he’s known outside of Creation for a long time, emailed him referring to the particular bragging post (not by a particularly regular poster) on here and saying it was “the straw that broke the camel’s back”. i.e. That post was what made them finally decide they’d had enough (I don’t know how to say zis in a French accent).

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.