Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA Holidays Double Points offer – MASTER THREAD

• sideshowbob 39 posts

I just wanted to double check: I’m going Premium economy with AA from LHR-JFK on a BAH. Is it eligible for double TP with the 5 night stay?

Thanks

If you are booked via a BA codeshare, then yes. AA coded flights are not eligible.

It has a BA flight number so that should be fine. Thanks

tintin38 10 posts

Have just booked a 5 night stay for two of us in Boston with BA holidays by phone, very helpful agent indeed. We booked flights WTP out and First return (hence 300 TPs return) and car hire for the duration of the trip with Avis. Due the length of the trip and times of the flights, there was an initial concern by the agent that the Double TPs offer might not apply since the duration of the car rental was just shy of 5 x 24 hours (i.e. 120 hours), however upon checking with his supervisor it was confirmed the holiday does qualify for Double TPs offer as we would be away for 5 nights. Might be useful information for others looking to do fight + car holidays. Recommendations for Boston hotels welcome 🙂

elt164 3 posts

Am chasing tier points so will book flight plus carhire on Ba hols to get double points.
    But I don’t want to actually collect car?
    Will this invalidate the double points?
    Thanks

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,077 posts

Am chasing tier points so will book flight plus carhire on Ba hols to get double points.
    But I don’t want to actually collect car?
    Will this invalidate the double points?
    Thanks

This has been asked and answered several times in this thread already.

elt164 3 posts

In which case I would be extremely grateful if some helpful person could help me find the reference.
    I did do a search before posting.
    Thanks

nectar collector 282 posts

There seems to be a post from you on 10 March asking the same question which was answered…..just scroll up a few posts from here……….?

charlietravels 7 posts

If i book flight + car for 5 days but the flights that it’s giving me are with Iberia, will I still get the double tier points ? It is showing the promotion offer on the booking as well ! Thanks !!

Richie 989 posts

If i book flight + car for 5 days but the flights that it’s giving me are with Iberia, will I still get the double tier points ? It is showing the promotion offer on the booking as well ! Thanks !!

If you are booking the flights with BA flight numbers you are ok.

charlietravels 7 posts

If you are booking the flights with BA flight numbers you are ok.

THANK YOU !!!!

Andrew J 769 posts

Double TPs seem to be posting very quickly now, arrived back from my trip last Wednesday and got my 420 bonus TPs today.

DreamingOfFirstClass 16 posts

Hi, how do you get the BA website to price up a holiday with flight & hotel but the hotel only for a portion of the holiday duration ?

I note that whilst your booking must contain at least five nights of hotel or car rental, your overall stay can be longer, but can’t see how you do that on the website for a hotel. Car hire asks you but Hotel option doesn’t give me the choice.

Thanks ever so much.

DreamingOfFirstClass 16 posts

Bit disappointed that a 5hr+ flight to Cairo or Sharm in Club Europe (economy with an empty middle seat !) only gives 80TPs each way (160 each way if in the promo). Seems a bit miserly for such a long route in a souped up economy seat ! Doesn’t seem very tempting.

Richie 989 posts

Bit disappointed that a 5hr+ flight to Cairo or Sharm in Club Europe (economy with an empty middle seat !) only gives 80TPs each way (160 each way if in the promo). Seems a bit miserly for such a long route in a souped up economy seat ! Doesn’t seem very tempting.

How does a holiday to Tel Aviv compare in PE?

Terwri 23 posts

Hi, I booked a return flight to Spain then added car hire later via the BA car hire booking tool. I have been credited with extra Avios noted as “BAHolidays” but no double tier points. Is that correct?

Yes it’s correct. As mentioned many times in this thread for a trip to qualify for the double points everything must be booked at the same time.

Hi, how do you get the BA website to price up a holiday with flight & hotel but the hotel only for a portion of the holiday duration ?

I note that whilst your booking must contain at least five nights of hotel or car rental, your overall stay can be longer, but can’t see how you do that on the website for a hotel. Car hire asks you but Hotel option doesn’t give me the choice.

Thanks ever so much.

Again this has been asked and answered several times but on the home page of BA.com select ‘flight + hotel’ then ‘custom trip’

Colski 4 posts

Most similar answers seem to be about not collecting cars.
    Have a holiday in Tenerife coming up but not planning on staying at the hotel.
    Do I still need to checkin and out of the hotel? Or can I just not show up, and still get the double TPs?

Richie 989 posts

I didn’t check in to the hotel for my holiday in May last year, I got double TPs, I don’t know if the Ts & Cs have changed since then.

geminigirl789 1 post

What happens if I book the hol deal with carhire to get the double points but do not collect the car?
    Will I still get double points?
    Similarly if I don’t stay in the hotel will I still get the double tier points?
    Thanks

Many have done this and it seems to work. The Avis dealership is not going to go running to BA to say you never showed up. The T&C just say you don’t get refunded for the car.

But do you do anything at all with the car? Go to the car hire desk and tell them you’re not picking it up, or grab the keys but leave it on the lot? Just want to make sure I don’t trip up by having the car hire place put me down as a no-show or something.

whiskerxx 6 posts

We recently had a five day car hire on a trip to Spain.
    I decided to go to the car hire desk to ensure that a collection had been triggered and simply hand the keys back immediately.
    This created an enormous amount of confusion. As well as obviously thinking I was insane the car rental team had no clue what to do in such circumstances.
    An awful lot of discussion followed and a lot of time wasted. Nothing really got resolved. I had the rental document confirming pick up, but the office manager was insisting that if I didn’t take the car they would cancel the agreement. It was all amicable, but unnecessarily complicated.
    in the end I smiled and thanked them for their time and walked away, without the keys.
    The additional tier points have just posted.

AlanC 27 posts

Advice needed. Never been above the lofty heights of BA Blue but have finished working and my dream is a one attempt at BA Gold!.
    I want to utilise the double tier points offer. My TP Collection date end is 08/10 and card expirey 30/11. When do I book my BA holiday from?
    The current original sale on BA.com has Club world fares with a hotel added and ATOL protection Does this count as a holiday in the terms of double TP points?
    Sorry if rehashing previous posts but just to be sure as a newbie!
    Cheers.

nectar collector 282 posts

In terms of when should you book,if you earn enough tier points to achieve gold before 8 October, then your status would last until November 2024. If you earned the required tier points between 9 October and 32 December 2023 ( when the double tier points promotion ends) your status would last til November 2025.

In terms of the sale offers,yes these would qualify provided you book a minimum of 5 nights hotel or car hire with the flight.

Royback 115 posts

In terms of when should you book,if you earn enough tier points to achieve gold before 8 October, then your status would last until November 2024. If you earned the required tier points between 9 October and 32 December 2023 ( when the double tier points promotion ends) your status would last til November 2025.

In terms of the sale offers,yes these would qualify provided you book a minimum of 5 nights hotel or car hire with the flight.

Have a look at YouTube Matt’s Planet for some really good advice on tier point runs.

ZACK 38 posts

Is there a specific number to call to get the double tier points manually credited?

When I booked 5 day flight + car and the promo banner didn’t show up they told me on the phone it does qualify but would probably need to call for a manual credit. The main line I called yesterday got me through to unhelpful call centre abroad.

You need to call BAEC not the main BA flights or BA holidays lines

BTW a qualifying trip is 5 nights not 5 days.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.