Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA Holidays Double Points offer – MASTER THREAD

• davestat 24 posts

Can you book a BA holiday online with Y outbound and CE inbound or do I need to make a phone call ? Have tried online without success.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,077 posts

You need to call.

trickyuk 29 posts

Do you only get the double tier pouts on flights from the Uk, for example if you fly to Malta you won’t get double points on the return leg?

nectar collector 282 posts

Do you only get the double tier pouts on flights from the Uk, for example if you fly to Malta you won’t get double points on the return leg?

If you’ve book a round trip from UK to Malta with BA with hotel or car hire for minimum 5 days you will get double TPS for all legs

trickyuk 29 posts

Quick question does flights and car hire have to be consecutive or can you have a break.. for example

London – Settle Flight
    Denver to Salt Lake City – Car hire – 10 days
    New York to London – Flight

Shivani02 5 posts

Does anyone know how long it takes for the status to change?

I recently flew EDI-LHR-ATH in Club Europe. The normal tier points posted last Friday and that pushed me far into Bronze and the change from Blue to Bronze happened the same day. The Bonus Tier Points posted yesterday however I am still Bronze.

My Exec Club does reflect the new points and does say ‘you have achieved Silver Status’ but nothing else has changed.

Shivani02 5 posts

What’s the rough timeline for the status to update? I recently undertook EDI-LHR-ATH in Club Europe. It pushed me into Bronze with the standard tier points last Friday and the bonus tier points posted yesterday which should push me into Silver. On Exec club, it does say ‘you have achieved Silver Status’ however the account is still set as Bronze. Does anyone know when the account will be reflect the change?

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,077 posts

It takes a couple of more days for it to fully reflect as in you being silver.

Indy500 151 posts

Double points bonus awarded 4 days after return flight.

Graham-Walsh 61 posts

Looking at 5 days in Denver and adding car hire to get the double TP. However on the BA Holiday booking site can’t seem to find the ticket bucket to see if it’s worthwhile. Otherwise indirect in Premium with AA could be better value.

alantj 7 posts

I need to visit Bucharest and Sofia in September within a few days of each other.

Can anyone tell me if it would be possible to turn this trip into a tier points run by booking as a two city holiday.

I would fly back to London in between, so in theory this could net a very handy 640 Tier points.

VALittleRed 122 posts

I need to visit Bucharest and Sofia in September within a few days of each other.

Can anyone tell me if it would be possible to turn this trip into a tier points run by booking as a two city holiday.

I would fly back to London in between, so in theory this could net a very handy 640 Tier points.

So as two separate trips? Or as an open-jaw return? As two separate trips (min 5 nights each per trip) you could get a total of 640TPs (2 x 2 x 160 TPs). If all one trip as open-jaw return you would get 320TP

alantj 7 posts

and

Thanks for replying

I only need to be away for 5 days in total. I was hoping to be able to book the trip as a two city break and get the 640TP. From you response it sounds like that may not be possible.

Richie 989 posts

@alantj btw on an open jaw trip to Turkey last year, I didn’t stay in the very cheap hotel I booked as part of the holiday and still got double TPs.

Richie 989 posts

QQ The avis car hire location I want to pick up a car at is not on ba dot com, but it is on carhire dash ba dot com, before I call baholidays has anyone been able to book this flight+car trip by telephone?

bellasmummy 37 posts

Do the additional tier points usually post separately for each flight?

They haven’t for my previous trips but for the latest the extra have posted for the outbound flight but not the inbound yet.

It’s not been that long yet but I wondered if there might be an issue because we were bumped from our flight that was oversold and rebooked from another airport a day later but under two separate booking refs for some reason. Two people on the original booking ref and one on a new one, all on the same flight in the same class.

Lady London 2,051 posts

It would have to be 2 separate hols for the haul you want but doable. Discreetly, do #1 lon-sof out [either Richie’s idea, a real idea or a min 5d car (7d unlikely to cost more btw) ], buch-lon back. End #1. #2 lon-buch out [either Richie’s idea, a real idea or a min-5d car], sof-lon back. use the car and park it or if you don’t take a car on either holiday but do min 5d hotel on each instead, you’d have to buy other transport between the 2. This is badly formatted as open jaw holidays definitely can be booked and remember to qualify each holiday has to start in the UK, in general airlines seem to dislike “nesting” flights even though your right to buy so I’ve lumped this all together uglily, hoping only the very dedicated will read. I’d leave a few days between making each booking and phone at different times of day as well.

Stewie2580 16 posts

What would be the easiest and cheapest way to get silver via the BA holidays double tier points offer. I have been looking at going in first to Dubai for 6 nights. About £3300. Which I think would get me silver in one trip. But has anyone got any other ideas that could be done cheaper? Could be done over 2 trips don’t mine.

Richie 989 posts

Look at CE flight+car to Catania also to Corfu.

Andrew J 769 posts

What would be the easiest and cheapest way to get silver via the BA holidays double tier points offer. I have been looking at going in first to Dubai for 6 nights. About £3300. Which I think would get me silver in one trip. But has anyone got any other ideas that could be done cheaper? Could be done over 2 trips don’t mine.

Don’t forget you need 4 BA flights in addition to the tier points required, so a return direct flight to Dubai in First wouldn’t get you silver in one trip.

elt164 3 posts

What happens if I book the hol deal with carhire to get the double points but do not collect the car?
    Will I still get double points?
    Similarly if I don’t stay in the hotel will I still get the double tier points?
    Thanks

yonasl 954 posts

What happens if I book the hol deal with carhire to get the double points but do not collect the car?
    Will I still get double points?
    Similarly if I don’t stay in the hotel will I still get the double tier points?
    Thanks

Many have done this and it seems to work. The Avis dealership is not going to go running to BA to say you never showed up. The T&C just say you don’t get refunded for the car.

Stewie2580 16 posts

Don’t forget you need 4 BA flights in addition to the tier points required, so a return direct flight to Dubai in First wouldn’t get you silver in one trip.

4 flights is not an issue. As have a trip to Scotland before this trip. Just wonder if any ideas for trips that would be slightly cheaper. Even if over 2 periods?

sideshowbob 39 posts

I just wanted to double check: I’m going Premium economy with AA from LHR-JFK on a BAH. Is it eligible for double TP with the 5 night stay?

Thanks

nectar collector 282 posts

I just wanted to double check: I’m going Premium economy with AA from LHR-JFK on a BAH. Is it eligible for double TP with the 5 night stay?

Thanks

If you are booked via a BA codeshare, then yes. AA coded flights are not eligible.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.