Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA Holidays Double Points offer – MASTER THREAD

• Dawn 29 posts

The only way that worked for me is to join Flyertalk and message BAMissingAvios.
    It was then sorted straight away for me.

I had sent countless emails to different BA addresses with no success. Michelle from Turning Left For Less suggested this and it worked really well. Good luck everyone!

blueskiesahead 64 posts

For those who have emailed gecsreplies@contact.britishairways.com for their double tier points .

Did you receive any acknowledgement that they had your request ?

Wondering whether to copy my polite request to ALL the suggested BA email addresses , but thinking the duplication will only slow BA processes down further!

Many thanks

ChrisC 956 posts

Things could be improving re the automatic award of the bonus TPs

Was just checking my account and saw that 80TP had been awarded on Friday and described as “BA Holidays Tierpoint Award’

This would be from a BA HOls to Berlin at the end of June / Begining of July and was on my list to chase up.

Still have to chase up some bonus avios though as their system seems to exclude any voucher use from the calculation.

kippaxqueen 2 posts

Hi – Unsure if anyone can advise
    I am looking to book a 4 night trip to nashville with hotel , if I book a stay at the airport the night before we depart would this make the trip eligible for the double points offer ?
    thanks

Alan H 16 posts

Things not improving in my experience. Been over 60 days now since returning and despite and email to all the addresses in this thread I’ve only had an automated response which offers nothing from duty office. Poor to say the least. Perhaps we should have a campaign to remove National Flag carrier status.

astra19 53 posts

Heard nothing after multiple messages, but husband who was on the same booking got his double tier points on Friday.

ChrisC 956 posts

. Perhaps we should have a campaign to remove National Flag carrier status.

‘flag carrier’ means absolutly zero these days and hasn’t for quite some time.

Alan H 16 posts

Not improving for me: I’ve emailed all the addresses: executiveclub@my.ba.com, duty.office@holidays.ba.com, gecsreplies@contact.britishairways.com but no response apart from the automated response from the duty office.

sambe 17 posts

I have finally (and silently – no reply) received the tier points after half a dozen emails to various addresses. They did not award the triple Avios that were also on offer at the time, and also missing (only 1 Avios/£). Does anyone have any experience with that?

Alan H 16 posts

I’ve just had my tier points added also with no reply to the emails. I have had the bonus avios awarded as well.

Hogdiesel 20 posts

Miracles do occasionally happen – just the 128 days after we came back in April, the bonus TPs have landed. Don’t think its coincidence that the ones due from June (only 62 days ago) landed at the same time.

Could it actually be that only about a year after the promotion first started, BA have finally got their S**t together?

We had sent chasing emails to all of the addresses listed on this forum and got precisely zero response.

DaftAsABrush 3 posts

Just booked a BA holiday for a family wedding, to take advantage of the double tier points but I’m looking for thoughts to see if it qualifies.

We have flights, hotels and a car booked but there is a gap at the start:

We fly INV-LHR-ORD-BNA and same return trip.
    A car is booked for the entire 10 day BNA stay but we have a hotel booked in inverness the night before we fly. We also don’t have all nights booked in the US, as not all of our destinations have hotel availability on the BA website.

This means, technically, the car isn’t booked for the entire holiday because of the overnight stay in Inverness.

Love to know what people think?

Your holiday starts when you’re airside at Inverness Airport. If you are not staying overnight at Heathrow and Chicago both ways, then you should be OK.

Many thanks.

sayling 50 posts

Offer now extended to September 2023!

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/offers/flight-deals

Skywalker 697 posts

Offer now extended to September 2023!

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/offers/flight-deals

<3 this is great news

Harry T 96 posts

Double tier point mileage run to Hawaii, anyone? 🙂

polly 289 posts

2 quick 5 day trips in Dec, 160 DTP cities, if no QR J sale to Asia pops up in the meantime. To catch the 450 deadline.
    @HarryT
    Hawaii sounds amaaaazing.

polly 289 posts

Should know this. But can anyone help please? We have a return flight only booked for 5n. Late September. If we now add a car for this trip, does that turn it into a BA holiday? We don’t usually book BA holistic not used to the process. It’s that or a 1.5 hr cab each way, price is the same. Car hire v reasonable. Be handy if we got double TPs. TIA for info.

Indy500 150 posts

So we have a booking for 8 days in Lanzarote in January, flying Club and booked as BA holiday. Currently showing 160 tier points. Does this mean that I’m up for 320 in due course? 🙂

davefl 1,223 posts

So we have a booking for 8 days in Lanzarote in January, flying Club and booked as BA holiday. Currently showing 160 tier points. Does this mean that I’m up for 320 in due course? 🙂

Yes if there’s a hotel or car included for the full period 🙂

Indy500 150 posts

Yes if there’s a hotel or car included for the full period 🙂

Excellent! 😊

nectar collector 282 posts

Should know this. But can anyone help please? We have a return flight only booked for 5n. Late September. If we now add a car for this trip, does that turn it into a BA holiday? We don’t usually book BA holistic not used to the process. It’s that or a 1.5 hr cab each way, price is the same. Car hire v reasonable. Be handy if we got double TPs. TIA for info.

Unfortunately Ts and Cs require flight and car to be booked together to count, not as separate transactions………

saligiannis 2 posts

Here’s a tricky point that I’d like to clear up:

T&C’s for double tier points require at least 5 nights. That’s quite simple for hotels, but how about car rentals? Let me give a specific example.

I want to visit family in Athens, and I find packages with car hire starting from London. I am interested in an outbound flight departing LHR Friday evening at 7:30pm which arrives in ATH at 01:10 the next day, Saturday. When should the return flight be, for the 5 nights to count properly and give double TP’s? Wednesday or Thursday?

Anyone with similar experience? Thanks in advance.

Richie 990 posts

Thursday after 1am.

Skywalker 697 posts

Hi – Unsure if anyone can advise
    I am looking to book a 4 night trip to nashville with hotel , if I book a stay at the airport the night before we depart would this make the trip eligible for the double points offer ?
    thanks

@kippaxqueen
    – no – you need to spend five nights in Nashville continuously, which needs to be booked directly with BA

polly 289 posts

@Nectarcollector

Thanks for that. When l log in, it asks me to add a hotel, add a car, guess they really don’t mean make a holiday of then!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.