Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards IHG Diamond status and Ambassador

• Raskolnikov 8 posts

I renewed my IHG Ambassador a couple of weeks ago and saw that my Diamond status immediately updated from 31/12/2022 to 31/12/2024. However, when I look today it’s back to showing as 31/12/2022 again.

Have IHG spotted the “renewing Ambassador extends Diamond status” trick, fixed it, and switched everyone back – or is it just me…?

sloth 315 posts

same for me…

VALittleRed 122 posts

Oh dear

NorthernLass 7,455 posts

Mine got extended to 31/12/23 and it’s still showing as that. Is Diamond status currently valid until the end of this month, I seem to remember seeing that somewhere? Are you thinking you might lose it after that?

sloth 315 posts

my status was extended at end of last year by purchasing ambassador and correctly updated expiry to 31/12/23. it now shows 31/12/22 again. it still says im Diamond Elite tho…you win some, you lose some…

Peter K 549 posts

Joined Amb in Dec. Still says diamond until 31/12/23

SRF. 43 posts

I joined Ambassador in june and has been 31/12/23 since then.

Just checked again and now 31/12/22…

BJ 657 posts

Mine still showing as 31/12/23. I paid cash for AMB. Just wondering if it may depends on paying by cash or points? Must be some reason why some accounts are affected while others are not.

SRF. 43 posts

I paid cash too.

Got this from their chat function (I just said the expiry show in my app had changed and asked to be reinstated – didn’t mention Ambassador):

I have checked your account and our record shows that your stay activity from 2022, you did not meet the required qualifying points or qualifying nights to maintain your Diamond Elite status for 2023

I am sorry for the confusion, however, you are showing that the expiry date of your diamond elite status as 31 December 2023 because the year end migration is not completed yet. As soon as the system completes the migration, it will show the correct status. right now it is still showing your status as diamond elite, but once the migration is comple [end of message]

NorthernLass 7,455 posts

Mine still showing as 31/12/23. I paid cash for AMB. Just wondering if it may depends on paying by cash or points? Must be some reason why some accounts are affected while others are not.

Could be – a quick show of hands here shows 2 accounts which paid cash still showing as Diamond till Dec 23, and 1 paid for with points reverted back to Dec 22. Unless they are just doing the points-payers first!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,197 posts

You’ll find out on 1st March ….

Guernsey Globetrotter 583 posts

My data point –

Mrs T was a new Ambassador member (paid cash) in Sept 22 and this extended her Diamond Elite membership (expiring 31/12/22) until 31/12/23. It has now (today?) reverted to 31/12/22 expiry.

Mr T – existing Ambassador member and Diamond Elite (expiring 31/12/22), renewed with points in Dec 22 which extended Diamond Elite until 31/12/24 and this is currently still showing as my expiry…

Grant 106 posts

I am showing Diamond until end of 23. I joined Amb in November and paid with points. My Diamond was due to expire end of 22.

BJ 657 posts

@SRF Ok thanks for comment on cash, so that does not explain it.I wouldn’t worry too much about that message you got on chat, sounds like stock reply. We’ll just have to wait and see. Already regretting changing a few excellent Hilton stays to IHG which can no longer be reversed at attractive rates.

Harrier25 848 posts

Yeah, mine has reversed too back to 31/12/2022 after increasing to 31/12/2024 on Monday, when I purchased Ambassador with cash. Is there a refund policy with Ambassador seeing I only purchased it 4 days ago?

Crafty 150 posts

Mine has reverted from 23 to 22…

Harrier25 848 posts

Right! That’s it, let’s vote with our feet…Everyone to Radisson!! 🙂

blueghostuk 13 posts

Mine has reverted too. Renewed ambassador June/July 22 with cash, it was due to expire 31/12/23, now 31/12/22

BJ 657 posts

Based on responses it is obviously not related to paying by cash or points. Hopefully nothing more than systems issues as we approach 1/3 and everybody will be fine again at that point.

RonnieB 289 posts

Still 2023 here, perhaps the people who renewed after the free upgrade to Diamond last year? I think the 2024 extension was very obviously a system mistake.

Swifty 37 posts

Uh. That’s a bummer. I do wonder of someone reads theses threads or are they all too busy. What’s your job entail?”I just read forums in different countries on our loyalty products” ..what do you reckon?

qc 201 posts

It’s not related to those who upgraded to Diamond last year.

My husband a long term Ambassador and Spire then Diamond member renewed his ambassador in June last year – diamond extended to 12/23 and my account Platinum took the instant upgrade route and purchased Ambassador which extended my Diamond to 12/23.

Now my husbands has dropped back to 12/22 whilst mine is showing still 12/23

Very annoying!

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Uh. That’s a bummer. I do wonder of someone reads theses threads or are they all too busy. What’s your job entail?”I just read forums in different countries on our loyalty products” ..what do you reckon?

Lol, but yes, its game over. IHG atleast benefitted from a lot of AMB signups. Its going to be surprised when many who joined late last year dont renew.

Claire 27 posts

I joined ambassador on Monday and booked a stay using my free night voucher. Diamond is still showing until December 2024 for me. Fingers crossed!

Pangolin 106 posts

It’s not related to those who upgraded to Diamond last year.

My husband a long term Ambassador and Spire then Diamond member renewed his ambassador in June last year – diamond extended to 12/23 and my account Platinum took the instant upgrade route and purchased Ambassador which extended my Diamond to 12/23.

Now my husbands has dropped back to 12/22 whilst mine is showing still 12/23

Very annoying!

If you took the instant upgrade route via the Status Challenge last year (Stay 10 nights for Diamond) then your status would be guaranteed till 31/12/2023 anyway (regardless of whether or not you renewed Ambassador).

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.