Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022

• MCO 66 posts

Can someone kindly advise if buying any vouchers will trigger the credit for the UK credit? I don’t think I will be able to make it down to London in the next few weeks.

ringingup 176 posts

I’ve booked dinner at The Colony Grill. I am counting on the two offers to stack up. They normally do. That would be a total of £180 off!

Be careful…. I went there expecting the same (food was amazing by the way) and Amex do not have The Colony Grill restaurant coded correctly, and thus the £150 credit did not apply, despite the £30 one applying.

Ended in a complaint to Amex and got a £150 manual credit which does mean I do technically have the offer to use. They did say they would get this fixed, but just a word of warning to keep the receipt.

This is still totally broken. I’m on day 52 since eating in the Colony Grill (which was excellent) and, despite two agonisingly slow and frustrating web chats, I have been told that (i) the Colony isn’t a merchant registered under the scheme despite being on the official list; (ii) for that reason, I shouldn’t expect the £150 credit; (iii) I can’t raise a complaint until 90 days have elapsed as the T&Cs say credit isn’t due until then; and (iv) my request for credit is in an escalation queue, but the queue is very long so I shouldn’t expect my case to be reviewed until the 90 days is up.

Amex Platinum is the UK’s most expensive mass-market credit card. Given the £575 fee, this is dreadful customer service. I’ve been with Amex for decades, and I’m old enough to remember the days when a helpful and knowledgeable telephone agent would be instantly available anywhere in the world when there was a problem.

How the mighty have fallen!

I are there yesterday. Let’s see what happens… if the credit doesn’t post at the same time of the £30 one, I’ll give them a call.

MCO 66 posts

Anyone please?

Can someone kindly advise if buying any vouchers will trigger the credit for the UK credit? I don’t think I will be able to make it down to London in the next few weeks.

EwanG 111 posts

Anyone please?

I took a short trip to my local Hawksmoor last week and purchased a GC, which can be used in any of their restaurants and 2Y expiry.
    Credit not yet showing on my account, but went through normal till.
    If that’s somewhere you’d go, call a branch and ask if you can buy on the phone.

Skywalker 693 posts

Local dining credit redeemed at the Butler’s Wharf Chop House

We ignored The (ubiquitous) Ivy and decided to try Butler’s Wharf Chop House.

Easy access from London Bridge station, walk through Hays Galleria and turn right for a lovely night time walk along the River. Christmas markets are there at the moment.

The food was great and nice big portions – nice quality steak.

On the table behind us, a lady had ordered the haddock and chips and she just looked as it as if to say ‘where to begin?’ – huge fish.

Jeans and jumper just right, the restaurant is nice without being pretentious.

Two people dined, came to £150 with post-meal coffees.

Credit redemption email came through after midnight.

Statement narrative matches business name.

Will update when credit comes through 🙂

Paul 131 posts

Is there a list of places that have left the promotion since it launched. I booked the Ivy Windsor weeks ago and would have beg my mortgage that it was on the list. Having ate there yesterday I find it’s not listed now though every other Ivy is….
    Was it ever on the list?

School boy error not to have checked in advance.

Separately do gift card trigger the deal. Have NYE booked in a restaurant that is still listed but concerned it will trigger in 23 rather than 22 (assuming The Ivy gets me nothing)

Skywalker 693 posts

Is there a list of places that have left the promotion since it launched. I booked the Ivy Windsor weeks ago and would have beg my mortgage that it was on the list. Having ate there yesterday I find it’s not listed now though every other Ivy is….
    Was it ever on the list?

Separately do gift card trigger the deal. Have NYE booked in a restaurant that is still listed but concerned it will trigger in 23 rather than 22 (assuming The Ivy gets me nothing)

Did you at least get £20 off with The Ivy Amex offer? 😕
    Of NYE, Unless you are willing to be a test case for us to see what happens when transactions are close to the wire like this, personally, in your boots I would be holding NYE celebrations a couple of days earlier 😉

Michael C 666 posts

Anyone please?

I took a short trip to my local Hawksmoor last week and purchased a GC, which can be used in any of their restaurants and 2Y expiry.
    If that’s somewhere you’d go, call a branch and ask if you can buy on the phone.

…but the London Hawksmoor are not on the list, right?

Michael C 666 posts

Was it ever on the list?

I’m still slightly concerned over our trip to the Ivy Oxford…as the address on the list is given as London!

JDB 4,333 posts

Was it ever on the list?

I’m still slightly concerned over our trip to the Ivy Oxford…as the address on the list is given as London!

I’d be more concerned about going to the Ivy at all. The apparent enthusiasm for the Ivy seems to relate to the £150 more than its intrinsic merits as Côte with a bit of lipstick, all at reassuringly expensive prices so that eg they can sell you breaded non free range chicken for £20 without any vegetables, potatoes or service charge and sell shockingly poor wine at high prices.

MattB 259 posts

If you don’t live in London the ivy is basically your only option for many of us, hence the apparent enthusiasm.

EwanG 111 posts

@MichaelC You’re right, oddly only Manchester and Edinburgh Hawksmoor on the list of participating venues. I was informed my GC can be used at any of their restaurants!

Skywalker 693 posts

Anyone please?

…but the London Hawksmoor are not on the list, right?

Hawksmoor Edinburgh is on the list.

SteveJ 977 posts

Was it ever on the list?

Been there, done that, got the credit. Nowt to worry about.

Michael C 666 posts

And finally…ate at Sabor, credit posted 2 days later. Quite amazing, really, and certainly took the
    sting out of my first-ever Plat.!

Michael C 666 posts

Was it ever on the list?

Is that for Oxford, @SteveJ ? Cheers, if so!

Ash 621 posts

Sister Restaurant in Dallas. Very nice service and food. Enquired after a few days why dining credit not added CR on chat said its not the right address, not eligible, had to send them their own link to show it was eligible. Then they said it can take 10 working days to be credited.

Harrods 120 posts

The following haven’t credited for me –

Duck and Waffle from 25 Nov (£55 spend used £100 earlier at another restaurant few months ago and credit posted fairly quick)
    Lutyens Grill/ The Ned from 28 Nov hasn’t posted on OH’s platinum card

SteveJ 977 posts

Is that for Oxford, @SteveJ ? Cheers, if so!

Yes, Ivy in Oxford, credits absolutely fine despite the address issue.

FlyingPtarmigan 53 posts

Gift card for £160 bought at The Ivy Guildford recently. It triggered both the £150 dining credit and a spend £120 get £30 offer on my card.

Skywalker 693 posts

Gift card for £160 bought at The Ivy Guildford recently. It triggered both the £150 dining credit and a spend £120 get £30 offer on my card.

This is great news for those wanting GCs! 😀 How long did it take between purchase and receipt of dining credit?

FlyingPtarmigan 53 posts

This is great news for those wanting GCs! 😀 How long did it take between purchase and receipt of dining credit?

A couple of weeks, but it did come through. We’ve just bought another GC to trigger a separate £20 back on £120 spend. We like The Ivy for breakfast and it’s close to home.

Worth saying that I walked into the restaurant to buy the GC.

For some reason, my wife’s offer credits always arrive quickly and mine slowly. And she’s the supplementary card holder!

The Lord 11 posts

Of the options in London could someone point me in the direction of the most casual? Or at least the best one for taking an 9 month old if any?

Vit 158 posts

Hi, we will be using both this year and next year £150 credit pp (international credit) in Bangkok. Anyone can share their experiences please? I can see there are a few places but keen toward either Suhring or Omakase places. Cheers, Vit.

RG 57 posts

Has anyone just gone to the Ivy and had drinks? Will it activate OK? There’s some nice whisky on the menu for insane prices…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.