Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022

• MCO 68 posts

Any suggestions for Paris?

Bill 162 posts

I was looking at the list of restaurants https://www.americanexpress.com/en-gb/benefits/diningbenefit/ and I noticed that only one Hawksmoor is listed: Wood Wharf, 1 Water Street, London, E14 5GX.

This one is somewhat inconvenient and I was planning to go to an alternative site.

I searched this forum and there are posted form pre-Dec 2021 with people saying they had tourble with Hawksmoor credits posting when they went to alternative branches.

I was wondering if anyone has a recent experience of whether the credit would be successful for a different London branch to the one in E14?

Just get a gift card at Wood Wharf location?

That’s the problem. It’s very inconvenient to go there

RKEdin 7 posts

We had dinner at Daffodil Mulligan on Friday evening. No email but credit posted on Saturday.

The Original Nick 112 posts

There was a Thai restaurant in San Francisco on the list when this offer appeared that I was going to go to next week but it seems to have dissappeared from the United States list of restaurants.

yorkshireRich 185 posts

Was going to use this credit for two restaurants in Leeds (maybe a tad optimistic) but as we are in London this weekend, we could potentially use it on Saturday evening. Does anyone have any recommendations from the restaurants available. We are not fussy at all, but probably don’t like anything too formal.

JDB 4,346 posts

Was going to use this credit for two restaurants in Leeds (maybe a tad optimistic) but as we are in London this weekend, we could potentially use it on Saturday evening. Does anyone have any recommendations from the restaurants available. We are not fussy at all, but probably don’t like anything too formal.

I don’t do recommendations as different people have very different views, but we regularly visit Launceston Place and Mere, both on the list, both in our view excellent for food and service and neither is formal.

Any suggestions for Madrid?

Andrew J 769 posts

Any suggestions for Madrid?

Patio De Leones was good for casual, alfresco dining, seemed very popular as it was packed with locals – good tapas albeit overpriced, but it was free, so no complaints.

Michael Scott 20 posts

Any suggestions for Paris?

I’ve read good things about Mosuke but it’s quite hard getting a reservation. We managed to get in for lunch at the end of October so I’m hoping it lives up to the hype

MCO 68 posts

Thank you Michael

Jamie. 8 posts

Dining credit in Ibiza

Anyone used the dining credit for any of the restaurants in Ibiza? Looking at using on the stopover on our up and coming Virgin voyage. May use at the Nassau beach club, hoping it will credit on drinks only.

Used at Nassau Beach club week before last – credit posted around 10 days later.

Had a combo of food and drinks but can’t see any reason why drinks only wouldn’t work (all goes through the same payment process) – not cheap mind, very easy to spend £150!

Will Take a look. Thanks Andrew. Stopping over in Madrid Tuesday for the night before our San Francisco via JFK Tier point run/holiday.

mbs1984 7 posts

Just a quick questions about the dining credit t&c’s. Apologies if it’s been asked but i couldn’t find any explicit mention.

I’m reading it as the benefit period is during the calendar year.

Am i right therefore, that having opened a card in September, I can get £300 credit to use until 31st December, than another £300 to use from January 1st. And then, in theory, cancel the card for pro rata refund if circumstances allow (hit the £6k spend for the bonus)?

Chas 143 posts

Yes that’s right (with each £300 being split into two chunks of £150 for UK and abroad). Similar for the HN credit which is £50 from July to Dec and £50 from Jan to June.

SteveJ 977 posts

Just booked a restaurant who require a £20pp deposit, and that has gone through as a Stripe transaction. According to the restaurant they will credit the bill with this amount.

Presumably this £20 pp wont count toward the spend target, how are people handling this? Or taking it on the chin?

Answering my own question, 10 calendar days after the Stripe processed deposit went through the credit has posted, much to my surprise.

Skywalker 693 posts

NYC- used at Tribeca Grill but the transaction hasn’t even posted on my account yet so I don’t yet know what the GBP amount is – although it’s not too different from the GBP these days :-/

Andrew J 769 posts

NYC- used at Tribeca Grill but the transaction hasn’t even posted on my account yet so I don’t yet know what the GBP amount is – although it’s not too different from the GBP these days :-/

Taking into account FX fees it will be 1:1 at the moment. To note – the FX fee is not refunded under this offer, so you won’t get the full amount back.

MattB 260 posts

I just contacted Amex, as there was no sign of any refund. Apparently, Ka’teen did not properly set-up in order for the credit to be recognised. Amex are now on it and said it would take around 10 days to resolve. So, credits will be made, but expect a bit of a lag.

@mattjam
    Did you ever get this resolved?

MattB 260 posts

We are in LA in a few days – what was this place like please?

Spent almost £150 at Ka’teen in LA 5 days ago. Not even an email so far

We enjoyed it, not fine dining by any means but a nice venue with plenty of outside seating in a quiet spot not far from Hollywood Boulevard. Only chose it as it was easy to get to from Beverly Hills compared to the other LA options but didn’t regret it.

Booking is advisable, we struggled to get in midweek a few days out.

We were there too at the end of last month. Pretty decent food – tasty. Good buzz too. Nothing from Amex in terms of a credit.

I just contacted Amex, as there was no sign of any refund. Apparently, Ka’teen did not properly set-up in order for the credit to be recognised. Amex are now on it and said it would take around 10 days to resolve. So, credits will be made, but expect a bit of a lag.

alig4th 322 posts

Vienna Experiences:

Cafe Landtmann 69.60 EUR @ 1.1507 + £1.81 FX = £62.29
    3 days later, £60.64 rebate

L’Osteria 63.30 EUR @ 1.1388 + £1.66 FX = £57.24
    2 days later, £55.58 rebate

Cafe Museum 42.20 EUR @ 1.1414 + £1.11 FX = £38.08
    2 days later, £33.78 rebate (maxing out £150)

Not bad at all!!

Skywalker 693 posts

Taking into account FX fees it will be 1:1 at the moment. To note – the FX fee is not refunded under this offer, so you won’t get the full amount back.

Spent $97 and it has finally billed as £91 or thereabouts. Understood about the non-coverage of FX fee too, although I cannot yet see the full breakdown so don’t know what it is yet.

Just a data point: very clearly bills as “Tribeca Grill” and no strange trading names.

MattB 260 posts

@mattjam

Well 24 hours after I posted this a credit appeared, although it was for £142 rather than the expected £148 that posted on my statement at the start of August.

Not sure how theyve worked that out?

Skywalker 693 posts

Spent $97 and it has finally billed as £91 or thereabouts. Understood about the non-coverage of FX fee too, although I cannot yet see the full breakdown so don’t know what it is yet.

Just a data point: very clearly bills as “Tribeca Grill” and no strange trading names.

More data points: the dining credit has already appeared for this! No chasing required 🙂

£88.00 so FX fees of £3+

Ash 621 posts

How quickly, or long, does it amex take to post the dining credits?

Skywalker 693 posts

People have reported varying timescales. This is my first experience of the dining credit and it posted within 6 days, before my statement closed and much to my surprise. I was expecting longer.

I guess it depends on if they can identify the merchant to reconcile the credit to – some on here have reported trading name issues, different address issues.

Short answer: it varies.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.