Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Who has received the 100,000 Avios?

• Scroop 7 posts

Happy to report the 100,000 arrived in my account earlier this morning. I had received both the email and text earlier in the process (email about November time, text a week ago.)

Hope everyone else gets their bonus without any further hassle!

spawn606 47 posts

Hi all,

After reading this thread, I decided to check my app and realised that:

1. Not received the 25,000 for switching to Barclays premier
    2. Not received an email nor the 100,000 points for opening the Barclaycard Avios + switching and opening premier account during promo window
    3. Not getting the £5 monthly credit for having multiple accounts with avios rewards.

4. Both the Barclaycard and premier accounts show on my app.

For context:

approved for Barclaycard in early Nov
    Same day opened Barclays premier account and did a current account switch

Not received anything but 6000 avios from the 1500 per month starting Nov 22.

What should I be doing in this case?

I am missing 125k Avios and £20 in credit (4 x £5). Also rob, would really be useful if you could leverage your influence to chase on this. 7+ pages of issues on an offer that was heavily advertised should probably be looked into (please!)

Thanks

JDB 4,384 posts

@spawn606 your 25k switching bonus may not be quite due yet. You need four full months and it comes in the monthly sweep, so should be at beginning of April or possibly May. If it’s pending transfer, you will see it in the Avios Rewards section of your Avios activity page.

The 100k comes separately and isn’t due until the end of the four months after switching on Avios Rewards and then the terms say it will take up to two months after that. People who opened accounts at the start of the promotion in October are just starting to get the 100k, so none of yours are overdue.

Re the £5, that’s strange if they have linked your accounts – I assume you are looking for this in your Premier a/c? You will need to chase them for this if it’s not there, but not for the Avios at this stage.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Anyone cancelling the card or current account after the 100k credit?

PAUL7331 12 posts

My 100k just landed this morning!

Bagged 150k in the end – 25k for joining premier banking and switching my accounts, then another 25k for spending 3k in first few months on the avios Mastercard.

Sure I could have got another 25k by spending 3k on prem bank account in first few months but must have missed out on that.

defender90 25 posts

It must be my lucky day! Having had the current account since 15/3, and then signing up for the barcalycard plus on 24/6 (to recieve the 50k bonus) I was sure that I didn’t qualify for the offer. I did receive both the email, and following text that I would be getting 100k, and lo and behold this morning they have arrived in my account!

Overall I have ended up benefitting to the tune of 200k:

2/8: 25k for joining premier avios rewards using current account switch
    2/8: 50k for getting the avios plus card and spending £3k in 3 months
    16/10: Bonus 25k for being an early customer that a number of us got
    24/3: 100k Bonus for holding both accounts

Anyone else had this luck?

Carlos 758 posts

Anyone got the 100k but didnt get the email beforehand?

Reney 768 posts

Anyone got the 100k but didnt get the email beforehand?

Page 6 have 2 people reporting receiving the 100k but no email.

Reney 768 posts

@spawn66,

Let’s be fair it is not 7 pages of problems, most of the last page is people reporting success. @JDB said good stuff which I won’t repeat. I am on the same timeline as you, I am expecting my 25k for switching and opening prem account to come in the April sweep (I have a letter from Barclays to confirm I should get it on 11 March – it has not appeared on the pending line. If nothing turns up in early April I will raise a complaint again).

How did I get a letter? I complained about having multiple profiles and not getting the £5. It took ages for the complaint to be sorted, but I got the £5 per month reimbursed, plus some compensation and a snail mail letter confirming I qualify for the 100k and 25k offers.

spawn606 47 posts

@spawn66,

Let’s be fair it is not 7 pages of problems, most of the last page is people reporting success. @JDB said good stuff which I won’t repeat. I am on the same timeline as you, I am expecting my 25k for switching and opening prem account to come in the April sweep (I have a letter from Barclays to confirm I should get it on 11 March – it has not appeared on the pending line. If nothing turns up in early April I will raise a complaint again).

How did I get a letter? I complained about having multiple profiles and not getting the £5. It took ages for the complaint to be sorted, but I got the £5 per month reimbursed, plus some compensation and a snail mail letter confirming I qualify for the 100k and 25k offers.

Thanks!! Can you remember how you complained?

I was speaking to them over live chat. They first denied me having both products. Then they contacted the barclaycard team who confirmed I had the credit card (they could only see the premier account). This was despite both accounts showing up in my app i.e. linked via app.

So they confirmed I was eligible for the 5£ per month, but kept saying “8 weeks from 4 months” with regards to the 100k & 25k. It was done in such a robotic automated response tone that they didnt actually leave me with anything to do. I tried to say “you couldnt see the linked accounts with the £5 credit, so that must mean I am not on the system for the avios bonuses either”? only for the same copy + paste response 🙁

Though last few pages are confirming the deposits, I dont think we are ready to be celebrating when it takes so much uncertainty for a bank to pay its dues after using it to get people to take up credit.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Though last few pages are confirming the deposits, I dont think we are ready to be celebrating when it takes so much uncertainty for a bank to pay its dues after using it to get people to take up credit.

When they cannot see what products you hold with them, you know how bad they are. Keep calling, get your rewards and close the account.
    I wouldnt trust them as my backup option, let alone use them as my primary bank. Received 100k yesterday; closed the account today.

Reney 768 posts

@spawn66,

I was speaking to them over live chat. They first denied me having both products. Then they contacted the barclaycard team who confirmed I had the credit card (they could only see the premier account). This was despite both accounts showing up in my app i.e. linked via app.

So they confirmed I was eligible for the 5£ per month, but kept saying “8 weeks from 4 months” with regards to the 100k & 25k. It was done in such a robotic automated response tone that they didnt actually leave me with anything to do. I tried to say “you couldnt see the linked accounts with the £5 credit, so that must mean I am not on the system for the avios bonuses either”? only for the same copy + paste response 🙁

I had to go into the branch to merge my two profiles. The lady who did it filed a complaint for me whilst I was there.

I started with only can see one account on the app then they fixed something and I could see both account on the app but Barclays themselves still couldn’t see both. Turns out they couldn’t merge back end because one account had my mother’s maiden name and the other did not.And that is an in branch only fix. I suggest you go in with some ID.

The letter also states that 4months hold plus 8 weeks thing.It is in the T&C I believe so I don’t think you can get away from that.

KCNotts 1 post

Both mine and husband’s 100k posted today. We opened our accounts in late October. He received email confirmation back in January but I had issues connecting my premier and Barclaycard accounts and wasn’t certain mine would appear without a fight. Delighted!

Wanderlust 25 posts

@spawn66,

I had to go into the branch to merge my two profiles. The lady who did it filed a complaint for me whilst I was there.

I started with only can see one account on the app then they fixed something and I could see both account on the app but Barclays themselves still couldn’t see both. Turns out they couldn’t merge back end because one account had my mother’s maiden name and the other did not.And that is an in branch only fix. I suggest you go in with some ID.

The letter also states that 4months hold plus 8 weeks thing.It is in the T&C I believe so I don’t think you can get away from that.

I’m going through this process now. Painful with the online chat and even the telephone line! Hoping going into branch might sort this out once and for all- and hopefully with a similar outcome to this!

Luca M 391 posts

Any of you guys that finally received the 100,000 Avios had already cancelled one of the two products? I have had the Avios Rewards account from launch but only upgraded the Barclaycard to Premium for this bonus, and as the 4 months date (as per their email when I signed up) has now passed in mid March, I wanted to downgrade before I get charged another month fee.

phantomchickenz 315 posts

Got my confirmation email 12 October. No text. No Avios yet. Will be checking daily this week before starting to panic…

fasul 24 posts

I would strongly suggest to use BarclaysUK Help Twitter as your primary contact channel with the bank. I’ve been through loads of contacts via live chat (complete mess, based on advisors’ names I guess this service is outsourced from India) and phone (waste of time, nobody seemed to be aware of rules of 100k promo etc, not a big deal to spend 2 hours on the phone and get nowhere). Eventually found Twitter team – nearly instant replies from highly trained UK based professionals, we logged my 2 page complaint, eventually I got a phone call at previously arranged time – an apology offered, verbal confirmation of my eligibility for 100k bonus, extra £30 to my account a a sort of “sorry for your pain”. I was told the bonus would arrive to my account after 4months+8 weeks after Prem.acc. opening. No text, no email, no nothing but I am quite hopeful.

MBA1413 12 posts

I spoke to the Barclays app chat team who then transferred me to the Barclaycard as originally it didn’t show up the 100k bonus and they said the following:

Our experts team has informed that as it was on 22nd march you received this the points are always transferred on the second working day of the following month to your account.

I did receive the email an email confirming this on 22 November so I would be looking at next week to see if that has happened!

In terms of timeline:

10 December – 25k welcome bonus (for switching my account in)

21 December – Received the BA Barclays Cabin Upgrade Voucher (I spent over 10k already)

I have not received the 50k for getting the avios plus card and spending £3k in 3 months as @defender90 so maybe I should follow up with them unless this 50k is paid alongside the 100k bonus?

Edit:

From the Avios Plus credit card:

if you’re new to Barclaycard, you’ll collect 25,000 Avios if you spend £3,000 on the Avios Plus credit card in your first three months. T&Cs apply.
    if you’re an existing Barclaycard customer who does not currently have either of the Barclaycard Avios cards, you’ll collect 5,000 Avios if you spend £3,000 on the Avios Plus credit card in your first three months. T&Cs apply.
    From Barclays Avios Rewards:

you’ll receive 25,000 Avios with Barclays Avios Rewards if your Premier current account is the first current account you are opening with Barclays and you complete a full switch using the Current Account Switch Service within three months.
    if you have been a customer with Barclays for four months or more already, you’ll receive 2,500 Avios as a joining bonus

So basically it is 100k for having both products, 25k for switching in your account and having Premier and 25k for spending 3k within 3 months on the avios plus credit card.

roams84 11 posts

Great advice. I’m on to them now and they are switched on and responsive, unlike the people in the app who always referred up and deferred action.

I would strongly suggest to use BarclaysUK Help Twitter as your primary contact channel with the bank. I’ve been through loads of contacts via live chat (complete mess, based on advisors’ names I guess this service is outsourced from India) and phone (waste of time, nobody seemed to be aware of rules of 100k promo etc, not a big deal to spend 2 hours on the phone and get nowhere). Eventually found Twitter team – nearly instant replies from highly trained UK based professionals, we logged my 2 page complaint, eventually I got a phone call at previously arranged time – an apology offered, verbal confirmation of my eligibility for 100k bonus, extra £30 to my account a a sort of “sorry for your pain”. I was told the bonus would arrive to my account after 4months+8 weeks after Prem.acc. opening. No text, no email, no nothing but I am quite hopeful.

waz1234 3 posts

Those that have the 100k landed when did you apply for the premier acct?

WillPS 194 posts

I spoke to the Barclays app chat team who then transferred me to the Barclaycard as originally it didn’t show up the 100k bonus and they said the following:

Our experts team has informed that as it was on 22nd march you received this the points are always transferred on the second working day of the following month to your account.

I did receive the email an email confirming this on 22 November so I would be looking at next week to see if that has happened!

In terms of timeline:

10 December – 25k welcome bonus (for switching my account in)

21 December – Received the BA Barclays Cabin Upgrade Voucher (I spent over 10k already)

I have not received the 50k for getting the avios plus card and spending £3k in 3 months as @defender90 so maybe I should follow up with them unless this 50k is paid alongside the 100k bonus?

Edit:

From the Avios Plus credit card:

if you’re new to Barclaycard, you’ll collect 25,000 Avios if you spend £3,000 on the Avios Plus credit card in your first three months. T&Cs apply.
    if you’re an existing Barclaycard customer who does not currently have either of the Barclaycard Avios cards, you’ll collect 5,000 Avios if you spend £3,000 on the Avios Plus credit card in your first three months. T&Cs apply.
    From Barclays Avios Rewards:

you’ll receive 25,000 Avios with Barclays Avios Rewards if your Premier current account is the first current account you are opening with Barclays and you complete a full switch using the Current Account Switch Service within three months.
    if you have been a customer with Barclays for four months or more already, you’ll receive 2,500 Avios as a joining bonus

So basically it is 100k for having both products, 25k for switching in your account and having Premier and 25k for spending 3k within 3 months on the avios plus credit card.

I’m not sure why you’re chasing this. If you satisfied the joining part of the offer in November (as your email date suggests), your 4 months will have finished very recently and you’re now in the up to 2 months period that Barclays still have to pay your points.

Everyone who has received the 100k so far reports that their 4 months began in October. That would indicate your points will probably arrive at the end of April, but you shouldn’t be chasing it until 2 full months after your 4 full months (end of May!).

WillPS 194 posts

In addition, they have advised that the 100k will be added directly to your BA account and will not show in the app. I strongly suggest that you just wait (as I’m doing!).

Wanderlust 25 posts

I went into a branch today, they were able to merge my accounts and then raised a complaint for the £5 * 4 months credits applied to my account and as part of that I asked for the complaint resolution to include written confirmation that I will receive the 25k + 100k Avios I applied on the basis of. They also asked me what I would accept in terms of compensation for the inconvenience- I suggested a figure based on my effective hourly wage at work but don’t know if that will be agreed.

DSG1000 11 posts

My 100k posted yesterday , slightly earlier than end of the month previously communicated, applied October.

dmm27 55 posts

For info, I contacted them yesterday via their twitter DM. They rang me back today to confirm that although my accounts werent “properly merged” until Feb, they can see I held both products before end of November so will be fine with regard the 100000 Avios despite not getting emails to confirm, and also recredited me the missed dual product £5 rebates.

I was also told that those who applied in Oct should have received their 100000 bonus by now (it only shows in the BA account not the Barclays app) and that November applicants should get the 100000 avios between 12/14th & 28th April.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.