Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Who has received the 100,000 Avios?

• ryaneberry 50 posts

Applied back in November, 25k Avios posted quickly (after switch) and 100k Avios posted within the last week I’ve moved to Blue Rewqards to take advantage of the Rainy Day Saver

I spoke to the Barclays app chat team who then transferred me to the Barclaycard as originally it didn’t show up the 100k bonus and they said the following:

Our experts team has informed that as it was on 22nd march you received this the points are always transferred on the second working day of the following month to your account.

I did receive the email an email confirming this on 22 November so I would be looking at next week to see if that has happened!

In terms of timeline:

10 December – 25k welcome bonus (for switching my account in)

21 December – Received the BA Barclays Cabin Upgrade Voucher (I spent over 10k already)

I have not received the 50k for getting the avios plus card and spending £3k in 3 months as @defender90 so maybe I should follow up with them unless this 50k is paid alongside the 100k bonus?

Edit:

From the Avios Plus credit card:

if you’re new to Barclaycard, you’ll collect 25,000 Avios if you spend £3,000 on the Avios Plus credit card in your first three months. T&Cs apply.
    if you’re an existing Barclaycard customer who does not currently have either of the Barclaycard Avios cards, you’ll collect 5,000 Avios if you spend £3,000 on the Avios Plus credit card in your first three months. T&Cs apply.
    From Barclays Avios Rewards:

you’ll receive 25,000 Avios with Barclays Avios Rewards if your Premier current account is the first current account you are opening with Barclays and you complete a full switch using the Current Account Switch Service within three months.
    if you have been a customer with Barclays for four months or more already, you’ll receive 2,500 Avios as a joining bonus

So basically it is 100k for having both products, 25k for switching in your account and having Premier and 25k for spending 3k within 3 months on the avios plus credit card.

I’m not sure why you’re chasing this. If you satisfied the joining part of the offer in November (as your email date suggests), your 4 months will have finished very recently and you’re now in the up to 2 months period that Barclays still have to pay your points.

Everyone who has received the 100k so far reports that their 4 months began in October. That would indicate your points will probably arrive at the end of April, but you shouldn’t be chasing it until 2 full months after your 4 full months (end of May!).

phantomchickenz 315 posts

For info, I contacted them yesterday via their twitter DM. They rang me back today to confirm that although my accounts werent “properly merged” until Feb, they can see I held both products before end of November so will be fine with regard the 100000 Avios despite not getting emails to confirm, and also recredited me the missed dual product £5 rebates.

I was also told that those who applied in Oct should have received their 100000 bonus by now (it only shows in the BA account not the Barclays app) and that November applicants should get the 100000 avios between 12/14th & 28th April.

Hmmm… October vintage here, and no 100k. Which twitter account did you contact?

dmm27 55 posts

Hmmm… October vintage here, and no 100k. Which twitter account did you contact?

It was the Barclays UK Help that someone else mentioned further up the thread

namster 70 posts

still have not recieved my 100k avios bonus it has been 4 months since I joined with the premier bank acc, the CS agent said I completed 4 months now I have to wait 8 weeks to recieve the bonus. That’s terrible

anyone else experienced this ?

louie 118 posts

still have not recieved my 100k avios bonus it has been 4 months since I joined with the premier bank acc, the CS agent said I completed 4 months now I have to wait 8 weeks to recieve the bonus. That’s terrible

Perhaps a quick look at this thread would answer that? Maybe start on page 1.

Gosia44 62 posts

The T&Cs are clear – 4 months to qualify + 8 weeks to receive the bonus so 6 months in total. Right now only people who applied half a year ago got the bonus. I guess you need to wait a bit longer like everyone else..

Jess 33 posts

I have had problems with the upgrade voucher, the 100,000 Avios due to me, the £5 monthly credit for dual accounts and my accounts not being merged even though I had been assured they were. I have spent many hours communicating via the chat feature on the app and got nowhere. No one seemed to know about the products their company offered and time and again I was told things that weren’t correct.
    Yesterday I used the twitter helpline and they have been so helpful and the agent has rung me 3 times today so far to update me. She has reassured me that she will sort this today.
    There seems to be a total contrast within their company of those who know their products and those who haven’t a clue.

Jess 33 posts

Further to my above post, Barclays helpline have rung me back and said that having looked into it they now realise that others like myself have passed the 6 month date and not received the 100,000 Avios. She says it will take them a while to fix it and anyone who this affects will receive them by the end of April.

WJACK 12 posts

I received an email last month staing they would be with me this month and indeed the 100K points have arrived as promised 🙂

Reney 768 posts

I received an email last month staing they would be with me this month and indeed the 100K points have arrived as promised 🙂

Pls is it possible to post success data points with when you applied for both products so we have a good sense of time scale. Many thanks.

I’ve had a Twitter back and forth over the last few days, and today they dropped the bombshell. As I had both the Premier account and the Barclaycard since circa March 2022, I don’t qualify for the 100k because the T’s and C’s require at least one to have been opened during the promotional period in October. This is despite me receiving the email in October saying I had qualified.

Reviewing the T’s and C’s they are correct – but they also promised me 100k (in the email) which I have planned for and depleted my other Avios on the expectation of receiving more. I’m now due a phone call tomorrow morning to discuss. That should be interesting…

JDB 4,384 posts

I’ve had a Twitter back and forth over the last few days, and today they dropped the bombshell. As I had both the Premier account and the Barclaycard since circa March 2022, I don’t qualify for the 100k because the T’s and C’s require at least one to have been opened during the promotional period in October. This is despite me receiving the email in October saying I had qualified.

Reviewing the T’s and C’s they are correct – but they also promised me 100k (in the email) which I have planned for and depleted my other Avios on the expectation of receiving more. I’m now due a phone call tomorrow morning to discuss. That should be interesting…

That’s quite strange as those who had both products open were given some unexpected extra Avios just prior to the promotion; did you get those? Presumably you had the Premier Avios Rewards already switched on in March rather than doing that in October that might have triggered the email. Presumably you knew you weren’t really eligible despite the erroneous email?

Looking back in my account, I seem to have received 25k mid October which may be the unexpected Avios – I lost track of what I should have been getting from what at that point. 25k isn’t the promised 100k though.

I’m almost certain I had Avios rewards turned on from March, I can’t think why I would have gone for the Premier account otherwise.

I didn’t know I wasn’t eligible – I just received the email and thought “great news!” without looking into the specifics and have been looking forward to them ever since.

zio 249 posts

Good luck with the phone call. Please do report back. I think I am in the same situation. Unexpectedly, being a long time Barclays premier customer and early adopter of the avios CC, I had 25k and an email saying I’ll be getting the 100k.
    I assumed my email triggered because the two products didn’t link properly for 6 months and I was still quite optimistic the 100k would land in the fullness of time until your post.

JDB 4,384 posts

Looking back in my account, I seem to have received 25k mid October which may be the unexpected Avios – I lost track of what I should have been getting from what at that point. 25k isn’t the promised 100k though.

I’m almost certain I had Avios rewards turned on from March, I can’t think why I would have gone for the Premier account otherwise.

I didn’t know I wasn’t eligible – I just received the email and thought “great news!” without looking into the specifics and have been looking forward to them ever since.

The email to which I think you are referring doesn’t exactly ‘promise’ you will get 100k; it’s pretty caveated and says they will get in touch at the end of the waiting period, plus links in the body of the email to the T&Cs, so unfortunately I’m not sure they are just going to hand over 100k if you’re not in fact eligible.

Good luck with the phone call. Please do report back. I think I am in the same situation. Unexpectedly, being a long time Barclays premier customer and early adopter of the avios CC, I had 25k and an email saying I’ll be getting the 100k.
    I assumed my email triggered because the two products didn’t link properly for 6 months and I was still quite optimistic the 100k would land in the fullness of time until your post.

Had the phone call, it was mainly a customer service call to say they will lodge a complaint on my behalf. 40 working days to resolve it, but they hope it will be done much quicker.

Daiboy1980 45 posts

Having received my bonus points in my BA account, I assume I am now free to switch current account providers without any claw back?

WillPS 194 posts

Applied back in November, 25k Avios posted quickly (after switch) and 100k Avios posted within the last week I’ve moved to Blue Rewqards to take advantage of the Rainy Day Saver

FYI, once the Rainy Day Saver is open you can switch back to Avios rewards and keep it (you must be Blue Rewards to open, but so long as you remain either Blue Rewards or Premier Avios Reward the account won’t be automatically converted).

(Only of interest if Avios are worth 0.8p or more to you, or 0.576p if you factor in the yearly 7000 point bonus which is promised at some point)

JDB 4,384 posts

Had the phone call, it was mainly a customer service call to say they will lodge a complaint on my behalf. 40 working days to resolve it, but they hope it will be done much quicker.

What are you expecting by way of resolution?

Reney 768 posts

My 25k for switching has arrived, the switch happened around mid November. The matching account profile happened in late Dec.

Still waiting for 100k.

littlewood86 8 posts

Can someone clear this up for me, Hubby took out the Credit card on Oct 26th 2022, then he opened a premier account on Nov 1st, when are the 100k due?
    Also i thought i read there was a total of 150k points on offer, hubby is certain its 125k, who is correct?

JDB 4,384 posts

The eligibility email should have given you the date Barclays determined you had the required two products and the four month end date/minimum holding period. You get the 100k up to two months after that.

You may both be right in respect of the quantum which is fortunate for marital harmony. It’s 25k SUB for opening Avios Plus, 25k for opening Premier account/switching on Avios Rewards and 100k for opening one or both of those in the promotion period.

aq.1988 454 posts

One thing I’ve noticed on this thread is quite often people are mentioning opening a Premier Account but with no mention of switching on Avios Rewards (at £12pm). Hope no one failed to do so, and is waiting on the 100k.

What are you expecting by way of resolution?

I don’t want to expect anything in particular at risk of being disappointed. Will just wait and see how it plays out.

Scottpat78 243 posts

I’m expecting the 150k:

25k joining bonus
    25k switching bonus
    100k welcome bonus

I received the first 25k joining bonus today along with the 1500 monthly Avios.

I have the ‘you are eligible for 100k’ email from 7th Nov advising me to keep both accounts open until 4th March, which I have done. So expecting those along with the switching bonus in the next 6-8 weeks or so.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.