Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

1000 Clubcard points and a Finest Pizza with ‘Game of Thrones Series 4’!

It’s good to see that someone at Tesco still has a sense of humour despite the terrible financial results recently!

Blinkbox, Tesco’s ‘video on demand’ subsidiary, is running a new promotion to celebrate the release on ‘video on demand’ of Game of Thrones series four.

Game of Thrones

For £17.99 in standard definition, you receive:

Game of Thrones Series 4 to stream from Blinkbox

1,000 Tesco Clubcard points (2,400 Avios or 2,500 Virgin Flying Club miles)

A voucher for a free Tesco Finest 10 inch pizza!

The offer runs until 31st July and you have until 3rd August to claim your free pizza.

There is also a less interesting offer of 250 Clubcard points for ordering any previous series of Game of Thrones.

Purely for the Avios points, this is not a bad deal.  Assuming you value the pizza at its cost price of £5 then you are effectively paying £12.99 for 2,400 Avios – just 0.54p each.

Full details can be found on the Blinkbox website here.

And a HP ink deal

This isn’t worth a full post but I will squeeze it in here.

Until July 3rd, Tesco is offering (in-store only) 250 Clubcard points when you buy 2 HP printer inks.

In the past this deal offered 500 points.  I once bought the cartridges and resold them on ebay at a small loss but gaining all of the points.  This won’t work here as the points are not enough to justify it.  If your printer uses HP cartridges you might want to stock up for personal use.

The ink deal runs until July 3rd.  It is not available online even for online grocery orders.

Comments (47)

• Jason says:

Those blinkbox gift cards, I bought to take advantage of the books offer, will actually come in handy and not be a complete waste of money 🙂

• Kay says:

Sense of humour? I must be lacking one, don’t see what’s amusing about Tesco’s offer!

• plastikman says:

a small point but once you have bought it you can download the series as well as streaming it!

• What's the Point says:

Those that bought BlinkBox gift cards at 50% discount when it first launched the service will also be very happy with this promo!

• Simon says:

I’m one of those people, the credit on the gift cards only lasts for a year and I haven’t used as much of it as I thought I would so this promo is great. I haven’t seen any of the other series of Game of Thrones so I’m guessing I won’t have a clue what’s going on when I start watching this.

• N says:

Is it possible/permitted to resell Blinkbox purchases? I certainly don’t want to watch GOT.

As an aside, I’m concerned all these recent offers will mess up my Tesco profile and they’ll start sending coupons for computer games and sci-fi nonsense.

• TrickyDickyRicky from Billericay says:

Has anyone had the points posted yet? How long do they take?

Cheers dears

• Thomas says:

Any sign of codes for Skylander ?

• Stuart says:

Quick question – placed the order but on my blinkbox ‘account’ > ‘account history’ area it only says 17 points? Have I messed up somehow or is anyone else’s showing the same thing?!

• CV says:

Adding the points manually? As is the case with IHG i prefer it if Tesco don’t look at my clubcard account! Now i am glad i didn’t buy multiple copies of the pre order games.

• Stuart says: