BA sale

EXCEPTIONAL British Airways Club World and First deals if you can fly very soon!

I don’t want to suggest that the threat of the British Airways pilots strike has left forward bookings in premium cabins looking a little thin, but British Airways has launched an exceptionally good sale in Club World and First Class.

When BA runs a great sale, it is usually for travel many, many months in advance.

Not this one.

If you have a long-haul Avios redemption booked before the end of September, you should do the maths and decide whether to cancel and replace it with a cash flight.

British Airways £2019 business class sale

You must book by 19th August and travel between 19th August and 30th September.  This means, if you are able to squeeze in a last-minute getaway – and you are confident that the pilots strike will be settled – you can get a great deal.

You need to travel with a companion to get these deals.  There is nothing here for the solo traveller I’m afraid.

The following routes are £2019 for two people in Club World:

• New York
  • Miami
  • Las Vegas
  • New Orleans
  • Philadelphia
  • Washington
  • Dubai
  • Abu Dhabi

If you can dig a little deeper, we have:

• £2399 for two – Dallas, Atlanta, Austin, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto
  • £2998 for two – Beijing, Hong Kong, Bangkok
  • £2999 for two – Mumbai, Chennai, Lagos, Abuja
  • £2305 for two – Antigua
  • £2332 for two – Barbados
  • £2399 for two – Toronto
  • £2998 for two – Bangkok, Beijing
  • £3019 for two – Accra
  • £3998 for two – Tokyo

There are also some Club Europe deals if you look at the sale page of ba.com, although nothing to get too excited about.

British Airways £2019 business class sale

For an even better deal, take a look at the BA Holidays website here.

Deals include:

• Dubai: Club World flights plus three nights at a 4* hotel from £1069 per person
  • New York: Club World flights plus three nights at a 4* hotel from £1199 per person
  • Las Vegas: Club World flights plus three nights at a 4* hotel from £1149 per person
  • Dominican Republic: Club World flights plus seven nights all-inclusive at a 4* hotel from just £1359 per person

And in First Class …..

BA has highlighted the following – I’m not sure what other routes may be available but it is worth checking all the routes with Club World deals listed above:

• £3019 for two – New York
  • £3019 for two – Miami

How should you pay?

When it comes to paying, remember that you earn double Avios (3 per £1) on ba.com transactions charged to the British Airways Premium Plus American Express card.

Alternatively, you get double points (2 per £1) on all airline transactions charged to the American Express Preferred Rewards Gold card.

How to book

There is a special page on ba.com dedicated to this sale which you should check out here.   Don’t forget to compare prices with the BA Holidays offers here.

What is the best hotel scheme? - Le Club AccorHotels - The Facts
IT'S BACK: Up to 10,000 Avios with your household, business or landlord insurance

Comments

1. Jonathan says:

Do you still have acess to the amex offers (I. E. Spend x save £10 etc) with the Amex basic card anyone? Looking to still have acess whilst resetting the clock for sign up bonuses.

2. Paul Stevens says:

Seems I was a bit slow and all the Vegas dates have now gone. Any idea if they will refresh over the next few days or am I out of luck?

3. Any idea if can book 2 adults then call up to cancel one?

• of course…

• i imagine these are non-cancelable tickets. You obviously have the 24 hours, but presumably it will reprice as a single ticket at that point rather than just refunding half.

4. O/T but no bits today. I have the Hilton at LGW booked for one night in Sept before a flight and have been offered an “estandby” upgrade…I am HH Gold and would obviously prefer not to pay to get upgraded but its only £11 to be on standby, what is people’s experience with this?

• Personally I wouldn’t buy it yet if you want the upgrade. If you check back regularly on that page the prices typically trickle down. It’s just Hilton’s way of trying to make more money out of you 🙂

• I’ve never not been upgraded at that hotel whether I was silver, gold or diamond. Save your £11 for a couple of pints downstairs.

• TokyoFan says:

Same here. And in fact I’d rather *not* be upgraded as there’s a higher likelihood of my room being within a mile or so of reception.

5. Therese says:

I am getting £2367 instead of £2019 for Dubai!! Using the correct link.
    Am I doing something wrong?

• Peter K says:

All the cheap flights have gone?

• Therese says:

Well the price shows £2019 until i get to the payment page it shows £2367!!

• TGLoyalty says:

Are you been shown a hotel or car price? Scroll all the way to the bottom?

The deal was 100% there I booked 4 seats myself. There are minimum nights and Saturday night requirements for some destinations

• I don’t get anything like those prices for almost any destination. Bangkok, for example, is 5k for two rather than 3k.
      Even places like Chennai, Accra, Austin, are all much higher.

6. NickAnon says:

OT completely – Marriot moments at the O2, there’s been nothing for ages, any idea when there will be more concerts added?

7. OT
    I was told by Amex this morning that the non-receipt of 20,000 MR after upgrading from Green to Platinum ius a ‘technical issue’ and is being worked on.

• Thanks for the update. I’m waiting on a response after chasing the points up last week.

• tech issue = hfp crew all posting in public forums about the few remained chances at easy points.. tech issue will be sorted (closed) soon im guessing..

• Shoestring says:

not necessarily

Plat is not free, it’s bloody expensive if you ask me – yes there might be a tiny % who cancel immediately after getting 20K points for upgrade but seeing as you have to spend £4000, more likely to be a couple of months = couple of months’ fees

Amex people still no doubt getting KPI’d on new Plats

• Council tax and a flight booking next April, sorted in 10 days for me 🙂

• Shoestring says:

all right if you can stack up several council tax bills

• We can only pay £300 per day in Edinburgh AFAIK so a painful ten trips to the co-op.

• Shoestring says:

try going to different outlets/ going back

£300 limit per diem sounds wrong

• Genghis says:

@BJ for us the top up limit is £249 IIRC but multiple batches can be paid in one go.

• Thanks guys, it’s the Edinburgh payment card as I understand it. It allows us to do 2x £150 swipes and then a single payment for £300. I’ve tried doing that twice in one day at the same co-op and it never works the second time. Shop assistant told me it is the payment card but I’ve never tried payments in two different co-op in one day. I had no need to pay up front this year so I’ll have the opportunity to try it later this month.

• Shoestring says:

bought my kid sister a flat in Marchmont about 20 years ago…to be fair she paid the mortgage

• I doubt she has any regrets about paying that mortgage 🙂

• Shoestring says:

she’s the one ended up marrying the NHS consultant, we worked out he’s on £125K/ pa

I bet my flat impressed him about the financial perspicacity of my kid sister so he wasn’t just marrying any old nurse

• He was likely at The Royal at that time then so I hope it wasn’t just a marriage of convenience Haha.

• Shoestring says:

neither of us has been in that position but I guess wearing a short skirt and looking extremely attractive must help to hook the desired one

luckily my wife is my intellectual equal & I think / hope that helps longevity in a partnership

though she did have the best legs in ******* when I first met her!

• I’m saying nothing except to confirm that the only skirts I was ever seen in were of the tartan variety complete with sporrans at a number of formal occasions.

• Shoestring says:

what is it about kilts and getting groped? I had to wear a few kilts in my younger days (Scotch whisky) – and I must say that as a 26/27 YO young guy, I never got so many girls going for the old tackle without much more than a drink together

I think they see it as an invitation, it was great being single by the way 🙂

• I think you’ve been watching too much Benny Hill Harry…

8. Interested in a break to Dubai but whenever I click through having found a deal I like it tells me the price is no longer available and it jumps up buy a few hundred per person. Irritating to say the least!

9. O/T Heathrow strike on 23/24 AUG seems to have been called off?