New deals: save £50 on Addison Lee taxi bookings and get 6,000 Avios with Tesco Pet Insurance

Save £50 on Addison Lee taxi bookings

Addison Lee has launched a new £50 discount offer which will be especially attractive to American Express Platinum cardholders.  This is because of one of the benefits of The Platinum Card is a £10 per month statement credit from Addison Lee.

You will receive £10 off the next five bookings you make via the Addison Lee app.

Rides must be for £15 or more.  The offer runs until 2nd February.  Promo code JAN10 must be used each time you book.  New and existing Addison Lee app users can take part.

Full details of the offer can be found on the Addison Lee website here.

If you are reading this on mobile you can download the Addison Lee app by clicking here.

Addison Lee discount code

Get 6,000 Avios with Tesco Bank pet insurance

Tesco Bank has launched a pet insurance offer!

You will earn 2,500 Clubcard points, which converts into 6,000 Avios or 6,250 Virgin Flying Club miles, when you take out a policy.

Full details are on the Tesco Bank website here.  The offer is open to all Clubcard holders and does not say it is targeted.

You need to keep the policy for 35 days to get the points.  The cheapest ‘Accident & Injury’ policies do not count.

The last date to apply is 31st March.

What is an Avios point worth?
Four small reasons why the Hilton Honors hotel loyalty scheme got better yesterday

Comments

1. For the pet insurance, I wasnt prompted for clubcard number, anyone know if it will have automatically taken it from name/address?

• Shoestring says:

should do – but take a screenshot of the offer for possible future use

• Joe Scheinkonig says:

i wasn’t either. did this get resolved?

• Shoestring says:

people won’t know yet, they have to wait until the 2500 Clubcard points start getting reported by others as dropping into accounts

if you’re nervous you could always spend a few minutes on the phone

2. Neil Donoghue says:

I had to go with Raffles the cat! I am now a keen pet lover with 4 new cats who all live in my house. I am hoping to take them all on a nice RFS to Europe during the summer if I get paid out!

• I wouldn’t worry about it as I have a feeling the cats won’t be around for very long. Them pesky roads you know….

3. OT: Amex FHR
    I understand you need Platinum to access the list of hotels but can you book and pay for a FHR advance booking with Gold to get triple points?

• TGLoyalty says:

Didn’t think they took advanced payment for any FHR bookings.

Normal AMEX travel site bookings yes but be careful with those As you probably won’t get any loyalty points etc

• Harry T says:

@Waddle
      You can pay with any AMEX but it must be an Amex – those are the Amex T&Cs. As an practical example, I paid for a stay in Berlin last year on my BAPP (helped hit the minimum spend for the sign up bonus). I did show them my Platinum card but asked to pay on BAPP. There should be no problems with paying on Gold.

• Harry T says:

@Waddle
        You can’t pay in advance for FHR though. But you can pay with any Amex on check out.

• Thanks both. I thought I saw a advance FHR price once. Might’ve been a mistake.

4. Secret Squirrel says:

You got nine different cc accounts all in different names then?

5. OT: I know this is posted elsewhere but can’t find it! A relative had a flight that was very close to 3 hours delayed on arrival with BA – is there anywhere I can get the official ‘first door open’ time? The flight arrived on 31 Dec so have missed the boat on some online services. Info greatly appreciated, thanks.

6. OT but I’ve renewed Titanium Plat with Marriott and Diamond with Hilton for another year and wondering if I should shift earnings from points to miles. I don’t actively save in either program and given Marriott’s promotions are no longer as generous I think it may be time to switch. Any one else thinking of switching or, booking through an OTA to pick up miles instead of points?

• Problem with OTA bookings is that you sacrifice the upgrades, free breakfast and late check-out, plus the modest member discount. I doubt the maths works except on occasional deals where you can get a one-off OTA bonus, like the recent Rocketmiles one.

• Ah yes forgot about the late checkout. That can come in real handy sometimes. Thanks for the reminder Rob.

• TGLoyalty says:

You have to weigh up the miles earned for your stay vs points (Marriott offers pretty good rates for transfer to mileage schemes in chunks of 60k points.)

• Well they used to but things have changed with their promotions so not sure it’s as clear cut as it used to be. May have to get the wife’s abacus out and do the math. Thanks TGLoyalty.

7. How can you tell which insurance policy is valid for points?

• Shoestring says:

because 1. the cheapest one didn’t track (well it tracked at zero) 2. the Tesco T&Cs tell you, must include illness cover

8. OT, Air Europa have just released their promotion. 138 euros one way to the Americas in economy if anyone is interested (A330 so main cabin side seats are just two abreast).

9. Aston100 says:

Call it Stormzy or maybe Wiley.

10. I just checked my BAPP account and I think I am still getting postings of the bonus Avios per £4 spent as a random 36 Avios posted today. Can’t work out which spend it relates to but I think I am still owed 88 Avios for spend on two days in December. Has anyone else been able to confirm that they received all the bonus Avios they were entitled to?

• Shoestring says:

I’ve received them all because I did a calculation for T C B showing what Avios we were missing and they paid up the difference (as cash)

11. OT: hoping someone would know….any advice on which frequent flyer program to join for someone who lives in South Africa and travels mainly around Southern Africa for work? Usually flies South African airways or air Botswana.