Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

New deals: save £50 on Addison Lee taxi bookings and get 6,000 Avios with Tesco Pet Insurance

Save £50 on Addison Lee taxi bookings

Addison Lee has launched a new £50 discount offer which will be especially attractive to American Express Platinum cardholders.  This is because of one of the benefits of The Platinum Card is a £10 per month statement credit from Addison Lee.

You will receive £10 off the next five bookings you make via the Addison Lee app.

Rides must be for £15 or more.  The offer runs until 2nd February.  Promo code JAN10 must be used each time you book.  New and existing Addison Lee app users can take part.

Full details of the offer can be found on the Addison Lee website here.

If you are reading this on mobile you can download the Addison Lee app by clicking here.

Addison Lee discount code

Get 6,000 Avios with Tesco Bank pet insurance

Tesco Bank has launched a pet insurance offer!

You will earn 2,500 Clubcard points, which converts into 6,000 Avios or 6,250 Virgin Flying Club miles, when you take out a policy.

Full details are on the Tesco Bank website here.  The offer is open to all Clubcard holders and does not say it is targeted.

You need to keep the policy for 35 days to get the points.  The cheapest ‘Accident & Injury’ policies do not count.

The last date to apply is 31st March.

Comments (169)

• Boi says:

For those with 3 cats in the house did you put that in (insured each separately by different members of household)

• Shoestring says:

• Allycat says:

Four cats, four applications, four cat names, four different owners / clubcard account holders, all indicated that there were 4 pets in the household but each application only for one cat. All came in around the £3.50 mark (take the max £200 excess). All DDs from same bank account which could be a risk … we shall see

• Grant says:

Apologies, I know this come up a lot, but does anyone have a UK number for Bonvoy points queries. I promise to save it this time!

Thanks

• Flying Misfit says:

OT: HSBC avios bonus conversion

Just as a data point, I did a batch on Wednesday with the website still showing the ad for the bonus despite date passing. Conversion points hit BA account today and no bonus posted.

• Boi says:

Also which policy qualifies:
    1. short-term treatments
    2. short-term and ongoing treatments

• aDifferentSimon says:

My companion voucher has arrived with 12 months expiry rather than 24. It triggered on an upgrade to the paid card. I’m sure I’ve seen in the comments this has happened to others. What’s people experiences? Thanks in advance.

• TGLoyalty says:

Have to phone Amex.

The advice is to upgrade before you hit £10k spend because once it’s after you pretty much always have expiry date issues.

• BJ says:

OT: IIRC somebody once posted best site for doing energy comparisons. Could somebody please remind me which it was?

• BJ says:

Thanks Harry, that’s the one I couldn’t remember.

• mark2 says:

But beware! Ofgem rules makes them all assume that at the end of the current fixed period you will go onto their (expensive) standard variable rate. This means that they may recommend that you change to a tariff which is more expensive. You need to check the unit rates.

• Shoestring says:

and standing charges – plus I was checking a cheaper Avro tariff compared to my existing Avro one, yesterday – hellishly difficult if you don’t have a good idea of gas & elec usage in KWH (ie estimate of £££s isn’t good enough)

• BJ says:

Yes, thanks guys, was aware of both. I found that CAB gave same results as CEC. Looks like it will be E.on via Simply Switch and T C B. Possibly an extra helping thanks to advice from @Genghis if they start harassing me about smart meters.

• r* says:

For the pet insurance, I wasnt prompted for clubcard number, anyone know if it will have automatically taken it from name/address?

• Shoestring says:

should do – but take a screenshot of the offer for possible future use

• Joe Scheinkonig says:

i wasn’t either. did this get resolved?

• Shoestring says:

people won’t know yet, they have to wait until the 2500 Clubcard points start getting reported by others as dropping into accounts

if you’re nervous you could always spend a few minutes on the phone

• Neil Donoghue says:

I had to go with Raffles the cat! I am now a keen pet lover with 4 new cats who all live in my house. I am hoping to take them all on a nice RFS to Europe during the summer if I get paid out!

• Russ says:

I wouldn’t worry about it as I have a feeling the cats won’t be around for very long. Them pesky roads you know….